K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The video posted is to sell a manifold and E85 tune. Use the truck manifold and spin it out of it's powerband then compare it to a manifold that makes more power in the top range equals a stacked deck.

Consider the source., and their reason.

I'm not selling anything to anyone, I just want to keep the stock top end and gain some low end. Preliminary results say this manifold accomplishes that goal.

I am willing to spend the time and money to try something, and freely give out TRUE information and back it up with logs and or timeslips.

WH, have you personally tried the 18 up truck manifold? or is your information coming through sales pitches?

This is my last post until I have completed my testing, yes TESTING, with no benefit to me other than knowing I have helped my fellow man make an educated decision.

My mistake was starting a testing thread on this site before the testing was complete.

If the manifold ends up being a turd, I will say it's a turd.
Sponsored

Last edited:

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
"Out of its power band" LOL get real.

0b674fcffe7890d62d96783a2b7b45c6--mr-chow-meme-the-kid.jpg

Momogt26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
This thread has gone way off topic. it started out as a comparison between the 15-17gt manifold and the 18-20 f150 manifold. Than f150 vs 18 gt manifold. And than A6 vs A10 Damn my head is spinning 😆🤣😂

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Thats what hapoens when it requires mental gymnastics to try justify using an F150 manifd.

Sorry.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
it started out as a comparison between the 15-17gt manifold and the 18-20 f150 manifold.
Lol IMHO it actually still is if you separate the noise, think of the ignore button as a sieve. Some folks are negative by nature and compulsive rock chuckers due to whatever unfortunate state of mind happens to possess them. Possibly a form of attention seeking. Meh maybe they just don't express themselves well.

Last edited:

Sponsored

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
The answer is simple. PD blower.
It might be but that is a serious investment especially when you get into OPG change yet. I'd rather not add a bunch of nose weight either. I really don't think I want power that is sketchy control for backroad fun. I really think I would be plenty happy with 30 more tq. For now anyway. I'd say a pro charger might be in the distant future though. But this intake is such a cheap experiment and I miss experimenting since my racing days.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Little perspective here. There are some minivans build today that'll carry 6 lil brats that will beat a 1970 340 cuda that makes more torque. How you ask ? :

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
It might be but that is a serious investment especially when you get into OPG change yet. I'd rather not add a bunch of nose weight either. I really don't think I want power that is sketchy control for backroad fun. I really think I would be plenty happy with 30 more tq. For now anyway. I'd say a pro charger might be in the distant future though. But this intake is such a cheap experiment and I miss experimenting since my racing days.
It's only a 5.0 N/A. It can't make power at low rpm because it lacks displacement compared to the bigger pushrod engines. You can fatten the curve a bit low down with an IM tuned for lower rpm filling but as others have said you'll pay the price. A mustang's smaller displacement DOHC 4V independent VVT powerplant is MADE to rev and make high end power - you knew that when you bought it. If you want torque at low rpm you have to cram air down its throat. The beauty of Coyotes is they can handle boost stock, and because they breathe well they can make massive power at high rpm. But yeah, handling will be affected if you add weight on the nose like that.

Did you buy the 82 new? 157hp sounds so minimal these days (though only weighed 3k lbs). Did it feel really fast back in the day? After all of those smogged 70s slugs I'll bet it did...

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
Actually I did realized what I was getting when I bought the gt. I drove newish ones in 16 and was not impressed. I believed there was potential but in stock form I was not overly impressed. I was not willing to throw the warranty out the window on a 34000 car right away. My plan had been then wait till prices drop, daughter out of college and one out of warranty and have fun with it. But I was shocked how good the eco was. I got a great deal on a used one and really enjoyed it for 4.5 years. And that coming from a tuned Audi Ttrs. That is the car made me fall in love with torque. 60 to 100 with one gear drop rollon just made you say Holy F and anyone else in the car. I got very concerned with future cost with that, so I moved on after 2 years.

The 82 gt was not bad. But I bought a wrecked 87 gt for 1500 with 900 miles and transfered everything into the 82. I replaced the fuel injection with 600 double pump and great Wieland manifold and it really worked great. Best run of 13.4 anyway. I spent so much time tuning that thing and believe it or not, compared to my poor man's dyno (sign to sign up my mountain) that was quicker in the 3rd gear 2500 pulls I used to do then this GT. And so easy to light up the tires in 2nd gear. I used to love to short shift it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you buy the 82 new? 157hp sounds so minimal these days (though only weighed 3k lbs). Did it feel really fast back in the day?
accounting for weight that '82 combo is roughly equivalent to 300HP on today's almost 4000lb car.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Actually I did realized what I was getting when I bought the gt. I drove newish ones in 16 and was not impressed. I believed there was potential but in stock form I was not overly impressed. I was not willing to throw the warranty out the window on a 34000 car right away. My plan had been then wait till prices drop, daughter out of college and one out of warranty and have fun with it. But I was shocked how good the eco was. I got a great deal on a used one and really enjoyed it for 4.5 years. And that coming from a tuned Audi Ttrs. That is the car made me fall in love with torque. 60 to 100 with one gear drop rollon just made you say Holy F and anyone else in the car. I got very concerned with future cost with that, so I moved on after 2 years.

The 82 gt was not bad. But I bought a wrecked 87 gt for 1500 with 900 miles and transfered everything into the 82. I replaced the fuel injection with 600 double pump and great Wieland manifold and it really worked great. Best run of 13.4 anyway. I spent so much time tuning that thing and believe it or not, compared to my poor man's dyno (sign to sign up my mountain) that was quicker in the 3rd gear 2500 pulls I used to do then this GT. And so easy to light up the tires in 2nd gear. I used to love to short shift it.
If your impressed by an ecoboost but not a GT a boosted 5.0 would melt your brain LOL.

That and bolt on gen3 coyote are in the 10s all motor pretty easily.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
I was impressed with the eco for what it was for 22000 for a 1 year old car with cpo warranty. I went into it with such low expectations. The 5000 rpm drop off, not so much. But yes, I do love a supercharger. I got a ride in an 09 gt500 and REALLY loved that. The whine was so addictive. Not sure I need that much just power just yet. This gt I plan to keep awhile. I got the color options and condition I always wanted so I'm going have this for awhile. Literally the mustang I wanted since selling that 82 gt. Honestly the s550 was the first time of all the mustangs that didn't feel too much like that old gt. In a good way. Finally left the euro and Japan cars.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
For the truck manny nuthuggers haha here you go. Picked up 3 MPH ( no loss in ET ) with putting a GT manifold on a 2020 F-150.
3 mph = 30 hp

Not quite an apples to apples if we’re comparing the dyno below to a 2018+ Mustang GT as the 2018 F150 will have different “truck tuned” cams but it does give us an idea of what kind of numbers a 2018+ GT would put down with a Gen 3 F150 manifold.

In the F150 world, swapping to the 2018 GT manifold is not uncommon at all. Every before and after dyno graph I’ve seen of an owner who’s gone from the 2018 F150 manifold to the 2018 GT manifold looks like the graph below.

The Gen 3 F150 manifold will make more power upto 5,500rpms especially with low-end torque but what it gives up from 5,500-7,500rpms would be too much for me to overlook. Even with the much less severe drop off of power at 6000+ rpms like with the Gen 2 F150 manifold. I believe most 2018+ F150 guys pick up .3-.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile just by swapping to the Gen 3 GT manifold and getting a 93 tune.

1613988597180.jpeg

Last edited:

Momogt26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Not quite an apples to apples if we’re comparing the dyno below to a 2018+ Mustang GT as the 2018 F150 will have different “truck tuned” cams but it does give us an idea of what kind of numbers a 2018+ GT would put down with a Gen 3 F150 manifold.

In the F150 world, swapping to the 2018 GT manifold is not uncommon at all. Every before and after dyno graph I’ve seen of an owner who’s gone from the 2018 F150 manifold to the 2018 GT manifold looks like the graph below.

The Gen 3 F150 manifold will make more power upto 5,500rpms especially with low-end torque but what it gives up from 5,500-7,500rpms would be too much for me to overlook. Even with the much less severe drop off of power at 6000+ rpms like with the Gen 2 F150 manifold. I believe most 2018+ F150 guys pick up .3-.5 seconds in the 1/4 mile just by swapping to the Gen 3 GT manifold and getting a 93 tune.

1613988597180.jpeg
Definitely agree with what you are saying but op test is against the stock 15-17 gt manifold just to show that you gain nothing up top but you don't lose either while gaining some low and midrange power. This is for gen 2 mustangs only. The 18 gt manifold is best bang for your buck
Sponsored