I did it, 2020 F150 intake manifold on a GT

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
I don't think runs on the street are a true measure. Especially with cold temps and variability in the launch among other things.

Need to do a dyno with both intakes on the same day on the same dyno. Multiple runs for each intake and take the average.

Also why only 1/8th mile? Seems like you're tailoring this to get the results you want to see.

What was the ambient temperature and the DA of the air on the day that you use the stock manifold versus the day you use the truck manifold?
Would you run your car WOT on the street thru a 1/4 mile? Sounds like an invitation to get arrested or worse...

I agree that if one wanted to truly prove the results of the swap a dyno is the way to go.
Sponsored

OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Last post. I used a density altitude correction. There was only a 200 ft deviance with the advantage to the GT manifold.

I'm not a rookie

Have a great day.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Would you run your car WOT on the street thru a 1/4 mile? Sounds like an invitation to get arrested or worse...

I agree that if one wanted to truly prove the results of the swap a dyno is the way to go.
Yea why the fuck not. Go find a nice empty straight stretch of road, put up your radar detector and fucking send it.

So yes I would and yes I do.

We've got "Mexico" up here as well lol.

OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
My testing shows that this dyno curve is correct for the 18 and up truck manifold on a gen 2 engine. I have no idea if the numbers are correct but the curve is.

dyno.png

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
^^ this. Today my car makes 545 Flywheel HP with the DA / TEMP / HUMIDITY. No way I'm making that in the middle of July.
You ran on an engine dyno? Use a ford control pack on the dyno cell or something else?

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
You ran on an engine dyno? Use a ford control pack on the dyno cell or something else?
No bud. Just did some math for the correction factor for today's conditions. It was like -3370 DA earlier, temps in the negative teens celsius.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
No bud. Just did some math for the correction factor for today's conditions. It was like -3370 DA earlier, temps in the negative teens celsius.
Oh, though you had some data. Carry on.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Suttle shot ? Actual data ffs...
No, the way i read it was you stated crank HP. My assumption was you had your setup on an engine dyno. I had a legit question about the ECU used. But turned out you used Summit Racing catalog hp calculation. 10 for my air filter, 12 for the tornado, 6 for the purple hornies and bam 545fwhp.

LOL. Im kidding, serious was thinking engine dyno.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Slower. Im shocked.........
same mph = slower? Reading comprehension is difficult, especially when you only see what you want to even when it’s not correct. You’ve been talking down what this man is doing the entire time simply because it’s not what is normally done.

You’ve also been talking about A10’s which I wasn’t aware was even put in Mustangs that also has the gen 2 engine, reading comprehension has been difficult for you the whole time, at least you’re consistent.

NotagainV2

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
same mph = slower? Reading comprehension is difficult, especially when you only see what you want to even when it’s not correct. You’ve been talking down what this man is doing the entire time simply because it’s not what is normally done.

You’ve also been talking about A10’s which I wasn’t aware was even put in Mustangs that also has the gen 2 engine, reading comprehension has been difficult for you the whole time, at least you’re consistent.
Show a slip or draggy time .........LOL
Sponsored