I did it, 2020 F150 intake manifold on a GT

tw557

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost
I would like to run e85 from everything I've read. Back in my go-kart racing days methanol did wonders once tuned for it. Closest station is 40 min away unfortunately. That's why this intake and results are so appealing to me. If I can get e85 torque with minimal redline power loss. Of all the racing motors I've built or tuned, I know of the compromises a N/A has to deal with. I just feel the gt went too far with the racing peak hp compromises to give up some fun street torque. I'll be getting a tune soon when this damn snow leaves and start with that first.

Advertisement

NotagainV2

Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 19 Explorer 04 Thunderbird
I would like to run e85 from everything I've read. Back in my go-kart racing days methanol did wonders once tuned for it. Closest station is 40 min away unfortunately. That's why this intake and results are so appealing to me. If I can get e85 torque with minimal redline power loss. Of all the racing motors I've built or tuned, I know of the compromises a N/A has to deal with. I just feel the gt went too far with the racing peak hp compromises to give up some fun street torque. I'll be getting a tune soon when this damn snow leaves and start with that first.
Thats exactly why the A10 is such a huge difference over the older A6 or manual. Its pretty much always in the peak power band!

Im always in sport + and rarely touch the paddles. Just let the A10 do what it do haha!

No ones going to miss the downlow vs giving up rpm range at the top.

shogun32

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Have you ever drove a 10 speed?
yes, and in sport mode I DESPISED it. I drive stick for damn good reasons. I put up with the A10 in my 2020 F150 (3.5EB, floor shifter override buttons) but to Ford's credit whomever the retard was who did the Mustang trans tune for 2018 was not on the F150 team.

NotagainV2

Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
yes, and in sport mode I DESPISED it. I drive stick for damn good reasons. I put up with the A10 in my 2020 F150 (3.5EB, floor shifter override buttons) but to Ford's credit whomever the retard was who did the Mustang trans tune for 2018 was not on the F150 team.
Some of thats the jackass that had it before you. The car learns how people drive and a relearn would prolly make a big difference.

Also my 2020 does way less gear searching than the 2018 did. But 2018 had 3.15s 2020 has 3.55s

I get the manual thing and Id still love a GT350. My A10 in the F150 rev hangs really really bad.

shogun32

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Some of thats the jackass that had it before you.
PP1 (3.55 gears) with 1500 miles on the clock. It was the down-shifting failure to 'blend' that was the major problem. If I want to head-bang I'll do it of my own volition to metal tune'age , thanks.

My A10 in the F150 rev hangs really really bad.
Get a tune. Ford sucks at it. I don't know why. I flashed all my vehicles within a couple thousand miles of new. I don't put up with factory shit.

NotagainV2

Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Whoa whoa settle down with that kind of common sense around here......

tw557

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost
My first car was an 82 Gt. I like everything about the mustang but have to admit I want the camaro or corvette power. I'm definitely not the only gt owner heck even gt350 owner that wants more torque without having to Rev it out. Honestly usually us older guys.

NotagainV2

Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
My first car was an 82 Gt. I like everything about the mustang but have to admit I want the camaro or corvette power. I'm definitely not the only gt owner heck even gt350 owner that wants more torque without having to Rev it out. Honestly usually us older guys.
The answer is simple. PD blower.

OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,1965 Sunbeam Tiger (Stolen, Elk Heart Lake)
The video posted is to sell a manifold and E85 tune. Use the truck manifold and spin it out of it's powerband then compare it to a manifold that makes more power in the top range equals a stacked deck.

Consider the source., and their reason.

I'm not selling anything to anyone, I just want to keep the stock top end and gain some low end. Preliminary results say this manifold accomplishes that goal.

I am willing to spend the time and money to try something, and freely give out TRUE information and back it up with logs and or timeslips.

WH, have you personally tried the 18 up truck manifold? or is your information coming through sales pitches?

This is my last post until I have completed my testing, yes TESTING, with no benefit to me other than knowing I have helped my fellow man make an educated decision.

My mistake was starting a testing thread on this site before the testing was complete.

If the manifold ends up being a turd, I will say it's a turd.

Last edited:

Momogt26

Reaction score
First Name
dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2012 mustang gt
This thread has gone way off topic. it started out as a comparison between the 15-17gt manifold and the 18-20 f150 manifold. Than f150 vs 18 gt manifold. And than A6 vs A10 Damn my head is spinning 😆🤣😂

NotagainV2

Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Thats what hapoens when it requires mental gymnastics to try justify using an F150 manifd.

Sorry.

GT 550

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
it started out as a comparison between the 15-17gt manifold and the 18-20 f150 manifold.
Lol IMHO it actually still is if you separate the noise, think of the ignore button as a sieve. Some folks are negative by nature and compulsive rock chuckers due to whatever unfortunate state of mind happens to possess them. Possibly a form of attention seeking. Meh maybe they just don't express themselves well.

Last edited:

Advertisement

127 - Borla - 1

Advertisement