Sponsored

i can’t be the only one who runs regular in a GT right?

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Ok, so let's say 150 miles a week? That's filling up ever 2 weeks or so. If you save $6 per fillup, you'll be saving a whole $12 a month going 87 vs. 93.

What will you do with all that money? Make it rain quarters at the local titty bar?
...I don't understand?!
Why do you care what level of gas he uses?

Of course, if you are helping him pay for it; ok.

Otherwise.......STFU..........................:giggle:
Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
lmao you guys act like i’m using all 460hp on streets with 50mph max in jersey with cops who are all over your ass for anything 🙄🙄🙄
I would probably sell my Mustang if I moved there.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
That’s cute ☺

I filled up with regular twice when sheeps were going crazy with the gas shortage. It ran just fine. Filled up two days ago driving from Tennessee at $56 … No worries. 😃
Same here.

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
I would probably sell my Mustang if I moved there.
nj blows that’s for sure. i’m already running without a front plate bc it looks like ass so i have to be extra careful lol. i just got my tint today. only did my rears at 5%. not touching fronts because again, a target lol a bright blue shiny target!!!

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
The 93 tune fixed that issue. It'll still retard the timing if there's knock, sure, but not enough to make it safe to run 87 and go all out. If it did then what would be the point?
Why not? There's a very wide range of how much timing swing can be had over the base timing table(s). In such a way that you can run 87 or 110 octane on the same tune. That's what flex tunes are. You can greatly reduce the amount of time the ECU spends in a low timing situation so that when you do put in higher octane gas it doesn't take forever to get up to the proper timing after running low octane gas.

And the point would be to be able to get the most power out of 93, while also being able to run 87 (or a bad tank of gas) in an emergency situation. Why be pidgenholed into only being able to run 93 when the computer is sophisticated enough to run a wide array of octane ratings.

Sponsored

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I wouldn't judge you. I'm guilty for putting regular as well in my GT. My excuse is I drive 100 miles a day for work and gas here in socal for premium is 5 bucks. I've been running regular for about a month now and noticed the loss in HP and even my corsa extremes got quieter some how so i ran thag baby down to a few miles and filled up with premium. Cost me 70 bucks and shes puckered up again. But will probably go back to regular since I fill up every 2-3 days. Haters gonna hate. Hahaha

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
lmao you guys act like i’m using all 460hp on streets with 50mph max in jersey with cops who are all over your ass for anything 🙄🙄🙄
No joke. This Canadian was in Parsippany on training (amazing small Italian restaurant, legit, down the road to the hotel) and I was in a rental car. It was snowing and my rear window wasn't cleared off. Parked the car to go into coffee shop and I was given a stern warning about clearing off my window. I won't forget that Jersey cop barkin' at me anytime soon...

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
Fair enough. I'm sad that the Arco in my town got sold so now I need to pay Shell/Chevron prices for Top Tier gas. (~$4.80 for 87)
Whoa that's crazy!
Top tier 93 at the 76 I go to just went up to $3.89....
That should be ******* illegal
Sponsored