Sponsored

i can’t be the only one who runs regular in a GT right?

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
it’s the engine, i used to hear the same style of clanky knocks in my old 2014 3.7 when i tuned it and ran 87…i had an 87 tune but i needed to run like 91 to make it not knock…MPT sucked lol. but when they edited the tune and retarded the timing, it stopped. so i have a feeling the timing is just being adjusted to stop the knock but doesn’t catch it all, so i prob need to run the next octane higher.
So are you going to change the thread title to “ I can’t be the only one who runs mid-grade in the GT right?” :)
Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I run 93 in everything. Any car I have owned including the Mustang, the wife's Pilot, the motorcycle, lawnmower, and chainsaw (obvs with 2-stroke mix). Firm believer in the higher octane mixes having better additive packages.

Anecdotal, I know, but I have never used Stabil or a similar product in anything stored for the winter (bike and lawnmower mostly) and each starts flawlessly every spring. The bike, mower, and chainsaw are all approaching 15 years old, and even with 10% ethanol as the only option... No fuel line rot, etc.

Lost of people say things like 'oil is cheap, engines are expensive' for stuff like Amsoil or 3k oil changes, etc. 93 octane for a couple bucks more per fillup is the same thing IMO.
The reason the higher octane fuels have 'better' additives is because higher octane fuel ignites at higher temp, thus often doesn't burn completely in motors that don't need it. This results in unburnt fuel, which results in deposits. Deposits are bad, hence additives and cleaners.......

I normally run 91 or 93 if I can find it, but also have no issues with 87. I just try to stick to the mainline brands.

67go

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
tacoma, mazdacx5, 22 Mustang GT Rapid Red
ROCK CHIPS: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😦😧😮😲🤮😱😭😩🛣🥽

SMOKE46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Vehicle Showcase
lol totally got judged by this older guy who was a gas attendant at wawa today. unfortunately in nj we can’t pump our own gas (absolutely stupid) and i said fill her regular please, and he was like, what, regular? don’t you mean like super? i was like no man, regular, it’s already 3.35 a gallon 🤣🤣🤣 so yeah guy totally judged me bc he asked me like two times if i said fill it regular. lol. feel like they all judge me!
If you seen how shitty regular is to your engine then, look at your valves with regular vs high test after a few thousand miles

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Rocks are heavier than air and don't bounce that well. If you can stay far enough behind the vehicle in front, any stones they throw up will have landed by the time you get there. Not easy to do in traffic and the more stones in the road, the more chips you get when you don't leave that much room. You drive on clean/uncrowded roads and/or have great discipline. 👍
I do very little interstate travel anymore. But the highways on the trip home from work can be pretty busy. Even in my maxima when I did a lot of highway I didn't get but a couple rock chips. Wifes SUV doesn't have any either. It must be our roads being cleaner as really never seen more than a couple on my cars going back to when I could drive.

Sponsored

SMOKE46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Vehicle Showcase
Be grateful, if my maths is correct its currently $9.55 per gallon for super (v-Power) here in the UK!!!

£1.58 per Litre.

Its getting rather depressing filling up! but still use V-Power.
My car used to ping like hell on vpower I only use Mobil,esso or Sunoco premium and once in awhile in my Lightning I use turbo blue if I can find it or can-am btw the turbo blue was $850 a gallon 10 years ago

KingMatt24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Gas is so much cheaper where I work than where I live so me seeing $3.50 for high quality Shell 87 gas is now tempting after putting in 93 this whole time.. most of my miles are highway miles but I do drive aggressive, especially from stops as I usually have my shifter in S mode before taking off. I get around 20 MPG combined still. Basically I wanna know with my driving habits, is it best to stay on 93 or if 87/89 would could still be good for spirited driving? I like having fun but at the end of the day I’m not racing anyone. When it gets colder outside I’ll definitely run a lower octane regardless

Xzavior1818

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 SCION xB, 2019 Mustang Gt
If your gonna be cheap with a GT At the very miminmum run 89 octane

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Here premium is 20 cents more a liter than regular. Regular is 5.94 / gallon.
If I'm worried about 20 cents I'm doing something seriously wrong in my life.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Gas is so much cheaper where I work than where I live so me seeing $3.50 for high quality Shell 87 gas is now tempting after putting in 93 this whole time.. most of my miles are highway miles but I do drive aggressive, especially from stops as I usually have my shifter in S mode before taking off. I get around 20 MPG combined still. Basically I wanna know with my driving habits, is it best to stay on 93 or if 87/89 would could still be good for spirited driving? I like having fun but at the end of the day I’m not racing anyone. When it gets colder outside I’ll definitely run a lower octane regardless
If you use Shell exclusively, get a Shell credit card. You get $0.XX/gallon off each fill up (I don’t remember the amount). Or, find a credit card that gives you cash back for gas purchases. If you’re that concerned about the cost of 93…

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Costco visa card gives 4% on gas :giggle:

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
Yeah I just dropped 50k on a new high hp high revving V8. I consider putting 93 in the car as cost of ownership and was included in my cost analysis of owning the vehicle:like:

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yeah I just dropped 50k on a new high hp high revving V8. I consider putting 93 in the car as cost of ownership and was included in my cost analysis of owning the vehicle:like:
Cost analysis? I just said YOLO and signed my life away
Sponsored