Sponsored

i can’t be the only one who runs regular in a GT right?

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Small world... well if u ever see a white/grey stipes its prob me - unless ford buys it back that is...
Small world it is. You probably know my cousin too 😆 but ok I’ll be on the look out. I go back on Xmas break.
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so let's say 150 miles a week? That's filling up ever 2 weeks or so.
300 miles to a tank … ?

Damn, I better get my foot booked in for a service as something must be wrong with it … :giggle:

Be grateful, if my maths is correct its currently $9.55 per gallon for super (v-Power) here in the UK!!!

£1.58 per Litre.

Its getting rather depressing filling up! but still use V-Power.
Yeah, my 14 (large U.K.) mpg is getting fed with V-Power … :crazy:

WD :like:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
This brings up a question that I don't know the answer to. If I have a 91/93 tune from Lund and put in 87 will anything bad happen or will the tune adjust?
Bad things, very bad things. The tune will not adjust. Just don't do it.

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
Small world it is. You probably know my cousin too 😆 but ok I’ll be on the look out. I go back on Xmas break.
Maybe - i dont know many around here though.. lol moved from MD by way of Tx... :p

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
300 miles to a tank … ?

Damn, I better get my foot booked in for a service as something must be wrong with it … :giggle:

Yeah, my 14 (large U.K.) mpg is getting fed with V-Power … :crazy:

ive seen my mpg as low as 7.... my foot is really heavy...

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
ive seen my mpg as low as 7.... my foot is really heavy...
Yeah I’ve seen it like that lol

My 14 is the cars lifetime average from new (I bought new) :like:

Reactions: Ock
OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
This brings up a question that I don't know the answer to. If I have a 91/93 tune from Lund and put in 87 will anything bad happen or will the tune adjust?
on my 2014 3.7 i ran an 87 mpt tune, and it knocked like all hell on 87. so no nothing adjusted in it’s own back then. i had to run 91 to get rid of the knock. they claimed thats never happened before on their tunes so by the 4th revision it didn’t knock, but it felt almost identical to stock. totally worth 400 bucks….🙄🙄🙄🙄

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
The tune won't adjust but if you're gentle it should be okay. I was on a road trip (spur of the moment) out in butt f**k no where and needed a fill up. Only station was some run down, abandoned station with 87 in some backwoods town. I have a 93 tune but it was that or get stranded. I drove her like grandma Jenkins drives her camry and didn't experience any knock. But you bet your sweet tush I drowned my tank with fuel cleaner when I got back. Now if you dump in 87 and drive it on race day then you may find yourself with a hole through one of your pistons.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
The tune won't adjust but if you're gentle it should be okay.
The tune should very much adjust, unless Lund specifically turns that aspect off which is terrible.

Stock tune can go -10 or +10 in timing over the base map, so it should definitely adjust. It won't run great, but it also won't put a hole in your piston.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You also paid for 460hp, but you only get <450hp on regular.

Do you like buying stuff and not getting everything you paid for?
Oh no. Does that mean I have to carry 2,000 lbs in the bed of my pickup all the time because I paid for that capacity?

Sponsored

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
I think 87 in winter on winter tires isn't going to be your limiting issue for power :)

Summer? Yeah I put 91 (Canada) or occasionally 94 even daily driving but that's because I know the day I don't, I'll get into a rolling race and be kicking myself I didn't have the best possible fuel and that'll ruin my week because I obsess like that :)

EDIT to add your money, you earned it the hard way, you get to spend it any way you want.

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
I think 87 in winter on winter tires isn't going to be your limiting issue for power :)

Summer? Yeah I put 91 (Canada) or occasionally 94 even daily driving but that's because I know the day I don't, I'll get into a rolling race and be kicking myself I didn't have the best possible fuel and that'll ruin my week because I obsess like that :)

EDIT to add your money, you earned it the hard way, you get to spend it any way you want.
I run Petro 94 as much as possible. It's up to $1.75 / L in my area ($6.60 CAD/$5.10 USD per US gallon) but I figure I bust my ass to earn it and I can't take it with me, so why not?
If I can't get 94, I'll run Shell 91.

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
The tune should very much adjust, unless Lund specifically turns that aspect off which is terrible.

Stock tune can go -10 or +10 in timing over the base map, so it should definitely adjust. It won't run great, but it also won't put a hole in your piston.
It's not "terrible." It's kind of the idea. Comparing the stock tune to a 93 oct tune doesn't work. The stock tune is specifically calibrated to run at both ends. The downside to that is if any knock is detected it retards your engine as if you had 87 in the tank. In my case, it took forever for the stock tune to adjust even though I only ever ran 93. It felt completely neutered at the low end about 70% of the time. The 93 tune fixed that issue. It'll still retard the timing if there's knock, sure, but not enough to make it safe to run 87 and go all out. If it did then what would be the point? Just stay stock. It's not like a 93 tune will gain much performance on its own.

Dark Stallion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Fastback
I use 87 normally and on rare occasions put in 91… If I know I’m going to be able to drive hard a decent amount.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
it’s already 3.35 a gallon
You only work part time ? I'm paying 4.73 (us) / gal. for premium 91. DOesn't bother me one bit and I ain't a rich guy.
Sponsored