Sponsored

i can’t be the only one who runs regular in a GT right?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Premium-only in the God's chariot. Unleaded is for econo shitboxes, not a Mustang.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Premium-only in the God's chariot. Unleaded is for econo shitboxes, not a Mustang.
Got some bad news for you. Premium has been unleaded for a LONG time now.

OP
OP
velocityblue5.0

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
Converted your 5.0 to leaded eh? Someone misses the 60s!

Sponsored

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
This will make you feel better, I only run mine on super, 99 octane and over here its almost 9 dollars a gallon

sdskinner73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2014 V6 Premium w Pony Package
Now that it’s colder and I’m only driving in normal, it is a waste of money to use premium. I fill up 8-9 times per month, so I save about $80-100 a month. Premium did not get better fuel economy in normal mode. If you’re racing or doing any sort of “spirited” driving, premium is the way to go. I know some of these guys are purists and think it is an absolute must, but Ford says otherwise. Idc if the engine gets messed up from it, I’m following the manual and that’s why it has a warranty. If you’re just daily driving and only using normal, don’t waste your money. If you will use any other mode, I would avoid regular. It screws with the timing and makes the shift points jumpy, plus you lose power

sdskinner73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
This brings up a question that I don't know the answer to. If I have a 91/93 tune from Lund and put in 87 will anything bad happen or will the tune adjust?
If you have it tuned to higher octane and use lower, that will be bad. The timing is adjusted for higher octane. Do not do this

sdskinner73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
You are. Paying upwards of $50,000 on a car and then skimping on a few dollars at each fill-up?

You also paid for 460hp, but you only get <450hp on regular.

Do you like buying stuff and not getting everything you paid for?
By that poor logic you should be driving at 155mph at all times too

Sponsored

sdskinner73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
Am I the only guy here who won't use anything other than Top Tier gas in my car? :blush:
I only go to BP. I drive a ton, so I got their credit card to save 15 cents a gallon. I’ll take 87 at a top tier over a non top tier 93

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
lol, dicks. 🤣

nope and my baby is running beautifully, i might add!!!!!!! well, i did put 89 in the other day….😏
i put some sam's club 87 in last night for $2.99 :shock: living on the edge here, pushing the boundaries with my non-Shell/BP regular unleaded. for my I294 commute with ohare stop and go traffic. i think ill burn this up instead of that super duper $4.30 a gal 93.

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
I'm not sure Top Tier is all it's cracked up to be. The Costco in my area sells Top Tier gas and it is usually 8 to 12 cents a liter cheaper than anywhere else. I filled up there a few times until I figured out that weird smell in my garage was sulphur fumes from the car. I did some reading about what makes gas Top Tier, all that means is the amount of detergents that are in the gas, nothing to do with the quality of the gas itself. So they're taking crap gas and throwing in a bunch of cleaners and bam it's Top Tier. I went back to buying gas at the regular chain stations in town and that funky smell in my garage is gone.

Prefo20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 and 2022 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
lol totally got judged by this older guy who was a gas attendant at wawa today. unfortunately in nj we can’t pump our own gas (absolutely stupid) and i said fill her regular please, and he was like, what, regular? don’t you mean like super? i was like no man, regular, it’s already 3.35 a gallon 🤣🤣🤣 so yeah guy totally judged me bc he asked me like two times if i said fill it regular. lol. feel like they all judge me!
Super only for me.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I'm not sure Top Tier is all it's cracked up to be. The Costco in my area sells Top Tier gas and it is usually 8 to 12 cents a liter cheaper than anywhere else. I filled up there a few times until I figured out that weird smell in my garage was sulphur fumes from the car. I did some reading about what makes gas Top Tier, all that means is the amount of detergents that are in the gas, nothing to do with the quality of the gas itself. So they're taking crap gas and throwing in a bunch of cleaners and bam it's Top Tier. I went back to buying gas at the regular chain stations in town and that funky smell in my garage is gone.
That's the detergents cleaning all the crap out of your engine left over from the low grade gas you were using.
Sponsored