Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking at the mods you've made to your car. Considering the costs of these just consider the spare another mod. Yes, of course, it will not improve performance. Until you need it.
Yep, it’s always hard to buy those things that you may or may not use, but then we pay for insurance right?

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
Good idea. Thanks!

just did it. let me add with the CS package. Feeling better now.
I know your CS is a 2019, but I have a 2016 CS that came factory equipped with the spare kit. I would assume that even though our wheels look different, that they are both probably 19 in wheels, 8.5 inches wide, with prob the same wheel offset. So yes, my CS has the factory equipped spare kit.

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT

Sponsored

Fast Dan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1968 GT500KR, 1972 Mach 1, 2014 GT/CS, 2019 GT/CS
I was told there is no spare tire kit for 2019 GT/CS because of the calipers. I went to Ford and they put my vin number in the system and said sorry. Have you tried the tire on the front? If it fits what brand and if it is available the product number would help.

Thanks
I have a 2014 GT/CS and a 2019 GT/CS the spare tire came with both of mine from the factory.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I have a 2014 GT/CS and a 2019 GT/CS the spare tire came with both of mine from the factory.
Dan, just want to clear up that your 2019 did not "come" with a spare. It was a factory option and ordered on your car.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Good stuff. Thanks.
I ended up buying the Automotive Authority kit. Their customer service is very helfpul. I have the '19 Bullitt, so the Brembo brakes and this is supposed to fit. I didn't try it yet (luckily didn't have to), but even despite the price tag, it's worthy piece of mind for my daily driver.
It fits in the trunk just barely and my car smelled horribly like new tire for about a week, but I suppose I could've washed the wheel first.

Sevensixteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, MT-82, 2024 Bronco, Big Bend, SAS
Sorry I’m a little late to the dance , I’ve never had a vehicle that I didn’t have to change a flat tire on . With less 200 miles on my 5 liter the spare went on
5884DA16-FBBF-45F7-98B5-420C291E4BEE.png

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Looks like it 20k. I don’t see any exceptions. I am at 10k on the rears and they are toast. Fronts still have quite a bit of life.

Regardless of .07 or .10 a mile it doesn’t matter. If I go to the beach and it’s 450 to rent(week) for 1500 miles or .35 a mile to drive my car, why would I spend more to drive my car and have the wear and tear and mileage? Plus if I wreck it or get a flat they will bring me another. No brainer.
If I'm going on a 1500 mile trip, I want to be driving the car I'm used to driving. The car I bought that caters to what I enjoy about driving. The driving enjoyment part is perhaps the main reason I buy cars in the first place, so why would I want to leave mine home and punish myself by driving something I'd most likely never buy?

Norm

Last edited:

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Because your car can stay clean in the garage.
True, but where's the fun in that?

The coating of bugs from summer Florida driving is terrible. The salt, the sand, the rock chips, and the mileage are other reasons.
We were actually in Florida for a few days last summer in one of our cars (part of a 4000+ mile road trip). While it didn't involve the beach, conditions weren't nearly as bad as you're making them out to be, not even the bugs.

I can rent an f150 for a week at this point for $350 or $.23 a mile.
It’s not like I rent shit boxes either. Last year we rented a convertible and ended up with a Q60. This year we rented a premium SUV and ended up with a Q80 durning covid for $250. During the elclipse (2017) we rented a new pathfinder and put 4200 miles on it for $700 dollars road tripping to Wyoming. .17 a mile.
Of your list, the Q60 is the only one that there's even a chance of us ever renting for a road trip. Not the least bit interested in driving a pickup truck or SUV, so those are hard no's unless there's absolutely no way of avoiding it.

17¢/mile vs $40k just sitting there back home, idle and depreciating, hmmmmm . . .

The biggest reason is what this thread is about. If the car breaks down, has a flat, or I get in a wreck I will Uber to a hotel with all my crap and let enterprise figure out how to get me another car. One less worry in my life. My car is also not a daily so I don’t drive it in the rain much. Just to add one more thing, I don’t have to worry about the rental like a worry about my car. Full parking lots, shopping carts, or road construction is awesome in a rental.
If I get a flat - what this thread is supposed to be about - I just get out, change it, get back in the car and continue on my way. Most likely in less time than it would have taken road service to even show up, which has to be better than just sitting there waiting. I never needed anybody to do this job for me before, so as long as I am physically capable of changing a tire, I'll continue to do so. And worry about any physical inability issue if that time comes. Hell, I have to pull all four to bleed the brakes before a track day, or to swap to my cold-weather setup. Having to deal with only one tire is nothing.

Yes, I've had to change a flat in the rain.

Norm

Last edited:

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Norm, I 100% agree with you.
Changing a tire is nothing compared to the hassle of dealing with UBER, a motel, a car rental company and trying to get reimbursed for it all.
And I get to drive the car I most desire to drive.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Changing a tire is nothing compared to the hassle of dealing with UBER, a motel, a car rental company and trying to get reimbursed for it all.
I keep going back and forth with my Bullitt too. It's a special car to me and I keep thinking if I'd be better off garaging it for the winter, but then again, I bought a fun daily for a reason you know...

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
As the sayin' goes, "different strokes for different folks. It appears most of us would prefer to drive our own cars on trips short and long. Obviously some of us don't. That's OK.

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80