huracan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020
Hi,

I need some help to determine what catback it is that I have, I will provide sound clips below
My car is a 2020 Mustang GT Euro (speedometer is km/h), and all the sound clips below are recorded in Track mode

So I bought this catback from eBay, and it's supposed to be the "Sport to Extreme" sound level (active exhaust), which I assumed was the Corsa Extreme when you set it to Track mode, but since the day of installation at the shop I felt that it cant possibly be the Extremes, it is not as loud as my older 2017 non active Corsa Extreme, it does not have a similar tone, it doesnt even sound like the Extreme active exhausts on Youtube, they must have sent me the Touring mufflers?

I wrote an email to Corsa performance a month ago but did not receive a response

Here are some sound clips I recorded from outside, inside, in tunnel and in the city

From outside:

Tunnel:

Inside cabin

Outside in the city

What do you guys think?
Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Tjena Johan

2018+ Euro Mustangs have two gpf filters one on each header in addition to the cats.

It will most definitely not give the same sound as 2018+ US dito or a EU 2015-2017

If you have received the incorrect catback I cannot comment on but the car will not sound the same as a none EU 2018+(it will sound lower and with another pitch)

OP
OP

huracan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020
Tjena Johan

2018+ Euro Mustangs have two gpf filters one on each header in addition to the cats.

It will most definitely not give the same sound as 2018+ US dito or a EU 2015-2017

If you have received the incorrect catback I cannot comment on but the car will not sound the same as a none EU 2018+(it will sound lower and with another pitch)
Tjena Mazman

That might explain it.. because the tone and loudness is not the same as the videos on Youtube with american cars (crazy that some filters can make for such a big change)

Do these filters go away when you install Headers? My car is getting Corsa long tube headers installed today so im kind of curious how loud it will sound :crackup: kind of why im wondering if it's the Sports or Extremes...

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi

yes I have had, x and h-pipe and the Borla Ataks so I know first hand compared to 2015-2017 models running the same and there is a difference to say the least.

@huracan who is doing the install. You will for sure need to have a tune I guess you have that already covered. The GPF filters are combined with the cats I believe so either if you are going for cat-less for with high flow cats the GPF-filters will also be removed. However I have only seen one EU-car without the filters with headers. However that car was running a blower as well and was not running as supposed to.

Lund won't e.g tune cars with GPF-filters. If you remove them/changing headers they can provide their tune they have if it works I am not sure. PBD have stated over e-mail that they have tunes for cars with GPF-filters, I have heard of one car (in UK) that was running their tune. Also whipples canned tune seems to support the GPF filters.

Anyhow with headers and corsa it will sound absolute bonkers you are lucky you have the active exhaust.

That's probably why it sounds like the Sport to me.
Tjena Mazman

That might explain it.. because the tone and loudness is not the same as the videos on Youtube with american cars (crazy that some filters can make for such a big change)

Do these filters go away when you install Headers? My car is getting Corsa long tube headers installed today so im kind of curious how loud it will sound :crackup: kind of why im wondering if it's the Sports or Extremes...

OP
OP

huracan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020
@huracan who is doing the install. You will for sure need to have a tune I guess you have that already covered. The GPF filters are combined with the cats I believe so either if you are going for cat-less for with high flow cats the GPF-filters will also be removed. However I have only seen one EU-car without the filters with headers. However that car was running a blower as well and was not running as supposed to.
About the tune, I have read that the check engine light will show when installing the headers, but is a tune absolutely required or just recommended to do? I want to drive the car for a week or two and decide if im gonna keep the Corsa Headers, if I keep them then I might consider the Lund tune

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It is always recommended to run a tune when chaning the headers. If the filters are removed I would most definately think a tune would be needed as there are sensors in the filters as well.

Which company is doing the install? Or are you doing it yourself?

About the tune, I have read that the check engine light will show when installing the headers, but is a tune absolutely required or just recommended to do? I want to drive the car for a week or two and decide if im gonna keep the Corsa Headers, if I keep them then I might consider the Lund tune

OP
OP

huracan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020
It is always recommended to run a tune when chaning the headers. If the filters are removed I would most definately think a tune would be needed as there are sensors in the filters as well.

Which company is doing the install? Or are you doing it yourself?
The shop that is doing it is called Grufman bil in Stockholm, I hope the car runs without the tune :whew:

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
ok no comment....

I would give Sweden Mustang a call and ask for Magnus input on the matter.
The car will most likely run without a tune but not sure how it will react.

Was it Grufman that said to just install the headers without a tune? Don't use the BAMA tunes they are selling however :p

The shop that is doing it is called Grufman bil in Stockholm, I hope the car runs without the tune :whew:

OP
OP

huracan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020
ok no comment....

I would give Sweden Mustang a call and ask for Magnus input on the matter.
The car will most likely run without a tune but not sure how it will react.

Was it Grufman that said to just install the headers without a tune is needed? Don't use the BAMA tunes they are selling however :p
We did not discuss about a tune to be honest, I just brought them the parts and told them to install it and they said no problem :cwl:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Doesn't the box say what type of exhaust you bought??
I'm confused about this. Is there a packing slip with the box?

Sponsored
OP
OP

huracan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020
Doesn't the box say what type of exhaust you bought??
I'm confused about this. Is there a packing slip with the box?
Not sure about this since I installed the catback some months ago and threw away the box, I have a picture of the box however since it came a little damaged, it only says "Corsa performance exhausts" on the side basically
IMG_20200309_083744.jpg

OP
OP

huracan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020
wouldn't the packing slip have the part number on it?
I dont think that there were a packing slip, at least I dont remember seeing any.. on the page on eBay it says

Manufacturer Part Number:
21001GNM

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang