goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Now before you say "he is nuts" think about the below :D
My Pony Projection Light has developed the Hump, now spoken to Boatwrights who have flown one over, and will be fitted when I have the Sat Nav done, as no crazy rush. But Mark believes he can seal the unit better as he thinks its rain in the mirror hitting the paper inside the mirror
which does make sense
But there could be another reason I have a Spider living in my mirror as I had in the S197 now, the side of where the Spider is has been affected. Could the movement of the Spider inside the mirror move the paper around?
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
haha I have a spider living in mine too but I highly doubt that is the issue...the lamp itself is a removable, sealed unit so in theory nothing can get inside it. My guess would be that is the temperatures effected the template somehow - mine went, and got progressively worse in the winter early this year.

welsh treg

Mid life crisis guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony power
Now before you say "he is nuts" think about the below :D
My Pony Projection Light has developed the Hump, now spoken to Boatwrights who have flown one over, and will be fitted when I have the Sat Nav done, as no crazy rush. But Mark believes he can seal the unit better as he thinks its rain in the mirror hitting the paper inside the mirror
which does make sense
But there could be another reason I have a Spider living in my mirror as I had in the S197 now, the side of where the Spider is has been affected. Could the movement of the Spider inside the mirror move the paper around?
Mine pony now looks like a puffer fish :tsk:

Btw is your spider from Mars?

OP
OP
goldengooner

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Mine pony now looks like a puffer fish :tsk:

Btw is your spider from Mars?
it could be, or family of the one I killed in Denmark, as he finally let his guard down, and I got him, just like 007 in Dr No :D
Mind you unlike 007 I nearly went tits up, as was a stony path and the neighbours at the hotel in Denmark, I heard one say "Mad English" :lol:

Tacklebury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Could it be jetwashing that's causing these Issues? I'm always careful when rinseing off my mirrors.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Could it be jetwashing that's causing these Issues? I'm always careful when rinseing off my mirrors.
I jetwash the shit out of my car. like... A lot of times a week. Mine are still fine. :shrug:

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
I blame a crappy design / use of materials, and a reluctance on FORD to improve the part. Good news is that it is fairly inexpensive. Bad news it's so cheap, FORD does not care.
I think I may buy them in 6 packs like my beer.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I blame a crappy design / use of materials, and a reluctance on FORD to improve the part. Good news is that it is fairly inexpensive. Bad news it's so cheap, FORD does not care.
I think I may buy them in 6 packs like my beer.
Ford have released a non-paper version of the puddle lights I believe.

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Hope not... I always the Jet Wash or use my power washer to blast the spiders out of the wing mirrors!

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I did consider the spider theory that maybe they were eating the paper. Slugs and snails love a bit of paper, so spiders might be the same. However after removing a lamp for inspection I decided that it would have to be almost microscopic to breach the sealing of the unit and to make the damage in such small increments. The pony gobo must only be a couple of millimetres in size, so a good sized insect would devour the whole thing in one sitting - if it could get in.

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Lots of people must has spiders based on how many have this same issue. ;)

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
DIY

Any tips on how to remove the old and install the new puddle lamp? The edges are really tight ad I can't see how a flat head would fit.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Any tips on how to remove the old and install the new puddle lamp? The edges are really tight ad I can't see how a flat head would fit.
Flat head screwdriver :thumbsup:

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
A really small flat blade screwdriver, precision size. Or could maybe try an unfolded paper clip.

OP
OP
goldengooner

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
A really small flat blade screwdriver, precision size. Or could maybe try an unfolded paper clip.
I am letting Mark do mine, he has had a good look at it, its amazing that Ford take months to get these items in, when it took Boatwrights 5 days
But won't bother till the Sat Nav conversion, and if it bugs me too much, will cover it up
My horse don't like people laughing at it :D
Sponsored