Sponsored

I am on the verge of selling my Mustang guys...

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
You are not torn Dave. You have been wanting a BMW for years. You have and always will be a Beemer guy. Enjoy.

I have an S650 on order, a Splash Yellow 400a, MT, PP and red calipers. It won't be here for 4 mos. So I am in the waiting game. If I can get an allocation for an M2 I am considering it. I want to lease, and its amazing a car that specs out at 10K more is leasing better than the Mustang.

Believe it or not, I am torn. My last 2 BMWs were 2 E92 M3s with V8s. I drove a 6MT M2 and it was an amazing car, but the lack or the sound that was there was underwhelming and I don't think it can be fixed by the aftermarket. The build quality was in another league and I do believe the S650 interior build has made some headway over the S550 but its still has quite a bit of room to improve.

Dave.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Really liked the look of your Mustang… The epitome of clean simplicity, in my opinion…

Yours is the blue twin of my car.

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
Will be real sad to see you go to the other side. Although it may be a lot fun for you. Best wishes whichever way you go.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I have an S650 on order, a Splash Yellow 400a, MT, PP and red calipers. It won't be here for 4 mos. So I am in the waiting game. If I can get an allocation for an M2 I am considering it. I want to lease, and its amazing a car that specs out at 10K more is leasing better than the Mustang.

Believe it or not, I am torn. My last 2 BMWs were 2 E92 M3s with V8s. I drove a 6MT M2 and it was an amazing car, but the lack or the sound that was there was underwhelming and I don't think it can be fixed by the aftermarket. The build quality was in another league and I do believe the S650 interior build has made some headway over the S550 but its still has quite a bit of room to improve.

Dave.
Yellow Splash is a cool color. Dealer by me has a couple. It’s closer to Triple Yellow than Grabber Yellow but not as deep of a yellow as TY IMO. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
The M2 is a great car, but no way I'd give up the ZF 8 speed auto and I'd like AWD to handle the S58. I'll buy an M3 competition Xdrive when I can afford it.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Don’t do the S650. Can’t accept the step back in styling. Far too generic. Easily confused with 5 or 6 other cars out there. No clue what they were thinking.

I’d have a look at a Supra. Yea, I know, M2 under the skin. But you won’t confuse that with anything else!

Aftermarket performance exhaust for those cars? If that’s the deal breaker.

Gargoyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Ever owned a corvette? I had a 2008 and 2012 LS3 engines fun cars .. the new ones are a blast too ! More reliable then the BMW I owned the M3 S65 E92 .. with bearing clearance issues the forum had a 1 million page discussion on this issue.. I’m sure the M2 won’t but still they got issues and their interiors were bland but I never bought a car for its interior anyhow.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Go to Hertz or turo and rent candidates for 3 days. I sorta agree the hellcat is out of left field but it's way too inferior of a car for that much money.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Ever owned a corvette? I had a 2008 and 2012 LS3 engines fun cars .. the new ones are a blast too ! More reliable then the BMW I owned the M3 S65 E92 .. with bearing clearance issues the forum had a 1 million page discussion on this issue.. I’m sure the M2 won’t but still they got issues and their interiors were bland but I never bought a car for its interior anyhow.
I've owned both BMW 6s and V8s and the V8s have always been problematic. If it isn't bearings, it's valve guides or something else with them. They should stick to 6s. The S58 is one of the best engines BMW has ever built.

But, Vettes are certainly an attractive option if you want a two seater. They have excellent power to weight ratios and aren't terribly expensive to repair.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gargoyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
I've owned both BMW 6s and V8s and the V8s have always been problematic. If it isn't bearings, it's valve guides or something else with them. They should stick to 6s. The S58 is one of the best engines BMW has ever built.

But, Vettes are certainly an attractive option if you want a two seater. They have excellent power to weight ratios and aren't terribly expensive to repair.
Agreed I think the BMW N55 was a good little engine too with its twin scroll ..
Good luck .. it’s always fun looking for a new car !

CVN 80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Really liked the look of your Mustang… The epitome of clean simplicity, in my opinion…
It's no Grand National, third-gen Trans Am or MN12 Super Coupe, but it's among the best of Modern cars for clean, elegant lines.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The buyer is picking her up mid next week. I am very melancholy over it, I sold it for a fair price. I am not going to have a car for a while. I am either considering a new S650 or a BMW M2. I am torn...
I have not driven a BMW in recent years but have ordered numerous M3, M roadster and coupes over many years and personally would never go back to the BMW brand ever again.

The reliability of the BMW vehicles that I owned included problems such as rod bearing issues, transmissions issues, cooling issues, navigation problems, etc.

Like you the aural sound of a performance vehicle is paramount and for me as well and another important reason for not purchasing an M2.

Being an older enthusiast, I may look at things somewhat differently than younger automotive enthusiasts such as yourself, but assuming that your next vehicle may be a daily driver, I would encourage you to look at a purchasing a low mileage 2nd Generation Boss 302 or a recent Generation GT350 and suggest that the 4-seat models would be best for a daily driver.

Another great choice might be a 2015 Mustang GT 50th Anniversary Limited Edition as there are many low mileage examples to be had with either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic.

Having owned numerous Boss 302 LS and GT350R vehicles along with the 4-seat models, I would not encourage purchasing one of those Mustang models as a daily driver but as a non-daily driver those models are as good as it gets from not only an overall driving engagement experience but also from an aural sound at either their 7,500 RPM or 8,250 RPM redlines.

Good luck with your final decision and will be interested on what direction to decide to take!

2012 Boss 302.jpg

DSCF2054.JPG

DSCF1563.JPG

DSCF1575.JPG

DSCF0854.JPG

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
You are not torn Dave. You have been wanting a BMW for years. You have and always will be a Beemer guy. The past 2 years of posts have been trying to justify why you don't have another BMW. It's OK, everyone isn't a Mustang guy. Enjoy.
Damn, almost sounds like you're telling him to go ahead and put on the dress and high heels because that's who he is.
Now I'm not a BMW guy, never have been. Always heard bad things about them when it came to reliability. You know, BMW = But it Might Work, but I have no experience with them. Now I have been known to drool on a couple of Mercedes so it's not completely a foreign car thing.
On the other hand, I looked at and sat in a Dark Horse Friday and was completely unimpressed. Didn't like the grill at all, but the rest of the exterior was okay (looked like a 550). The interior was what killed it for me. It was just blah.
Don't envy this decision at all.

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Dave.

Allocation? They are sitting on dealer lots @ MSRP or under.

Go get one.
Sponsored