Sponsored

I am not going to get the Ford Protect (ESP). Am I crazy?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I jumped all in. Premium plan 7/100,000.
as long as you put those miles on the car, then it was a smart choice. Im not a fan of any kind of extended warranty, unless we are talking about these cars.

OP
OP
-RAC-

-RAC-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
as long as you put those miles on the car, then it was a smart choice. Im not a fan of any kind of extended warranty, unless we are talking about these cars.

I have 36K already on summer only driving. I don't plan on letting up. Going to get my money worth.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
You need the PremiumCare for the electronics. You also have to add the lights package. A must when you consider the cost of a headlight or taillight on our cars.
It's true, my premium care already paid for itself. Rear tail light had to be replaced, list price is $1200 something lol

Sponsored

CorralesR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R HR067
Geez, sounds like Ford is losing millions of dollars with these warranties! Seems like half the commenters have had the warranties more than pay for themselves. Could I still get one for a 17?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Geez, sounds like Ford is losing millions of dollars with these warranties! Seems like half the commenters have had the warranties more than pay for themselves. Could I still get one for a 17?
That's why the rates went through the roof a while back.

OP
OP
-RAC-

-RAC-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Yes rates jumped over 1k from when I first started looking. Rates are set to jump again October 3rd if I remember correctly.

There are used car warranty too CorralesR. Not sure what qualifies.

GTIIIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
I'm looking for an ESP for my 2020 GT350, but I'm in Cali and I would like to know if anybody has found a decent price from a dealer out this way?

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I debated getting an ESP, but did it anyway to protect the electronics and potential A/C issues. Good thing I did because I'm using it for my A/C repairs (2 compressor replacements, hi/low pressure lines, expansion valve, and now (drum roll) replacing the evaporator/condenser); total estimated cost @ dealership is $5-$7K ($100 deductable). in my case the ESP investment has more than paid for itself. needless to say, i'm very worried about the outcome after looking at a picture of the "in-progress repairs".

IMG_20230918_110148.jpg
That would make me want to get a new car right there. Hope the dash rattles aren’t too bad. If it was my luck, there would be rattles and squeaks galore and every piece of plastic would be scratched.

Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I don't think its crazy. There was a user here who talked about the extended warranty and said that its not hyped up to what it is. He had an earlier model and needed an engine replacement and was talking about his experience with it. I don't remember the exact details but from his experience the extended warranty was a joke.

cortez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
That would make me want to get a new car right there. Hope the dash rattles aren’t too bad. If it was my luck, there would be rattles and squeaks galore and every piece of plastic would be scratched.
No rattles or creaking, and they replaced a scratched glove box door with a new glove box. The service advisor took 10 pictures off the dash, console and seats before they started repairs, and we reviewed them for damage after the job was finished

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I don't think its crazy. There was a user here who talked about the extended warranty and said that its not hyped up to what it is. He had an earlier model and needed an engine replacement and was talking about his experience with it. I don't remember the exact details but from his experience the extended warranty was a joke.
I remember reading about that. Was it a Ford ESP or was it a 3rd party warranty? I don’t recall and I can’t find the thread at the moment. For some reason I thought it was a 3rd party warranty but I could be wrong

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
I remember reading about that. Was it a Ford ESP or was it a 3rd party warranty? I don’t recall and I can’t find the thread at the moment. For some reason I thought it was a 3rd party warranty but I could be wrong
No it was a Ford ESP. Wish I remembered the details but it was something about the warranty coverage being slim and lame surrounding an engine replacement. I believe it was a guy having oil burning issues. Its been years so I don't know but it always stood out to me. I did a search and couldn't find much but I know I saw his comment.

OP
OP
-RAC-

-RAC-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
I think I remember a person saying that after so many miles (60k) that it would be unlikely Ford would stand behind the warranty for engine work/replacement. The decision maker was a different department then ESP people. He got his information from the dealership he was working with. No clue if it true or not. I think the guy then canceled his ESP.
Sponsored