Sponsored

I am kicking myself for not moving the cabinet...

Marsalad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mazda MX-5
Wow - you don't see a wood floor garage too often these days
Technically it is the workshop in my barn so nothing wet ever gets put in there without a tarp down. This picture was taken while the car was in for a detail after a dry spell.
I live in northern New York where an obnoxious amount of salt is used on the roads during winter.

Blkbllt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullit
Technically it is the workshop in my barn so nothing wet ever gets put in there without a tarp down. This picture was taken while the car was in for a detail after a dry spell.
I live in northern New York where an obnoxious amount of salt is used on the roads during winter.
What are your detail products and process? It looks awesome!

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Last edited:

Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
so I could have gotten the whole car in the picture! IDK, had a few too many garage beers tonight, geek'd out and took a pic of my car and though it turned out kinda cool...

Please tell me I'm not the only one that takes pics of their own car! So let's see them?????

Best.jpg
My first thought when I saw the title was " Oh $hit he hit the cabinet....." However , I am greatly relieved to find out you were just pie eyed :) On a relevant note I like to have garage beers and stare at the GT. She gets purdier with every pint :) I do however, stay off of the cabinet.......

OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
Drink, Drank, Drunk...What are you all drinking tonight?

We need a new term, we have selfies, maybe taking pictures of our own cars, should be called "other-selfs"?
Mostly vodka and seltzer, I know it's not masculine but trying to stay away from soda. Had a couple little glass of Jack and what not.... marijuana isn't legal in WI.

OP
OP

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP
OP, I am still trying to figure out where the cabinet in your title comes to play. OH, it was the beers talking. 😁

No, I couldn't get the whole car in the photo because the cabinet was in the way. If I would have moved the camera view to the right any farther you would have seen the cabinet instead of the back of the car.

So basically I wish I would have moved the cabinet so I could have gotten the whole back of the car in the picture. It made sense in my head at the time, lol. Plus I needed a title that grabbed attention!

Marsalad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mazda MX-5
What are your detail products and process? It looks awesome!
I appreciate the compliment. To be fair, the car only has 2500 miles and I have very good lighting in my shop.
Most of what I use is from Walmart. Nothing really fancy or expensive. For wax I use mostly Turtle Wax.
I am one of those people that washes my vehicle several times a week, usually after dark (so I can take my time without worrying about water spots) and even in the rain if the weather is supposed to be clear the following day.
Here is my cart:
7A6C2C02-D4EF-4749-BC5F-1596B563A994.jpeg

Like I said, nothing fancy, unless you think putting my wash bucket in an old Shop Vac so I can roll it around the driveway is a big deal.

Sponsored

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
I appreciate the compliment. To be fair, the car only has 2500 miles and I have very good lighting in my shop.
Most of what I use is from Walmart. Nothing really fancy or expensive. For wax I use mostly Turtle Wax.
I am one of those people that washes my vehicle several times a week, usually after dark (so I can take my time without worrying about water spots) and even in the rain if the weather is supposed to be clear the following day.
Here is my cart:
7A6C2C02-D4EF-4749-BC5F-1596B563A994.jpeg

Like I said, nothing fancy, unless you think putting my wash bucket in an old Shop Vac so I can roll it around the driveway is a big deal.
I noticed you have a bunch of Griot's Garage spray bottles and cool that you have the same DeWalt cordless wet/dry vac that I have.

Marsalad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mazda MX-5
I “inherited” the Griot’s stuff from an Uncle that was downsizing. It does seem to be a quality product though.
The DeWalt is handy but doesn’t have the same power as the Shop Vac did.

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
My first thought when I saw the title was " Oh $hit he hit the cabinet....." However , I am greatly relieved to find out you were just pie eyed :) On a relevant note I like to have garage beers and stare at the GT. She gets purdier with every pint :) I do however, stay off of the cabinet.......
my thoughts exactly, and then before opening the thread i saw the preview that added "too many garage beers" and thought someone F'ed up their ride and is now about to get ripped a new one on the internet for it :cwl:

but glad you and your car and cabinets are safe, OP. ha. i did the same thing when i bought my vortech for my other car. too many beers and took a ton of pics of it like it was a modeling photoshoot and texted them to my friends at like 130 am. woke up to a bunch of texts ranging from "nice" to "thanks for waking me up for that... wtf is that thing...??" to "are you still alive, dude???" :cwl::cwl::cwl::rockon::beer:

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
You are not the only one...

IMG_20220110_185826083.jpg
got dayum, id probably get drunk, break into your garage, and take pictures of your car for you, haha. looks nice :rockon:

Ratical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
03 F-250 21 Mach 1
got dayum, id probably get drunk, break into your garage, and take pictures of your car for you, haha. looks nice :rockon:
Thanks
Sponsored