I am installing Supercharger on my S550 2016 - VMP Gen2r Stage 3

deviantnabeel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mo
Vehicle(s)
GT CS 2016
This is my first post and I am excited and nervous at the same time.
My friend has a full setup as below which will transfer to me this week. Work starts tomorrow.

Gen2r Stage 3 with 137mm throttle body
McLeod RST clutch and aluminium flywheel

I will be getting tune from VMP

S550 GT CS 2016, 68350 miles on it. Never trash raced. couple of track days for experience purposes.
Stock internals. Custom catback and eibach springs are the only mods I have on.

https://ibb.co/tb7C13n
https://ibb.co/NNCW1Qd

This is a first for me. My first ever performance upgrade. Any points will be great to receive from you guys.

Thanks
Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Focus on the IRS. You'll need some mods there to keep it under control with adding a substantial amount of power. If you get at tune that will rev to the moon, or if you have a habit of bouncing it off the rev limiter, get OPG's and a crankshaft sprocket. Make sure you have a big enough heat exchanger, and an upgraded intercooler pump will benefit you.

OP
OP

deviantnabeel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mo
Vehicle(s)
GT CS 2016
Focus on the IRS. You'll need some mods there to keep it under control with adding a substantial amount of power. If you get at tune that will rev to the moon, or if you have a habit of bouncing it off the rev limiter, get OPG's and a crankshaft sprocket. Make sure you have a big enough heat exchanger, and an upgraded intercooler pump will benefit you.
What specific upgrades would you suggest for the IRS?
I am planning to run the tune on a safe side for the car as this is a daily driven car as well

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Well, IRS support braces from Steeda or BMR's lock-out kit would be a good start. Steeda has a "stop the hop" kit where you get bushings and other items as well that can help. IF you like to gun it from a stop a lot of the time, these things would really help with the rear end bouncing around and possibly breaking things. Certain tires can really help as well.

OP
OP

deviantnabeel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mo
Vehicle(s)
GT CS 2016
Well, IRS support braces from Steeda or BMR's lock-out kit would be a good start. Steeda has a "stop the hop" kit where you get bushings and other items as well that can help. IF you like to gun it from a stop a lot of the time, these things would really help with the rear end bouncing around and possibly breaking things. Certain tires can really help as well.
been advised on a michellin cup 2s and to only roll race and gun it from 3rd gear and never gun it from first gear so that i dont break my axles. i am looking at tuning it to max 650whp

Sponsored

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
been advised on a michellin cup 2s and to only roll race and gun it from 3rd gear and never gun it from first gear so that i dont break my axles. i am looking at tuning it to max 650whp

Cup 2 is overkill for the street. I will get laughed at for this but for now I decided to put Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ on my OEM 18 inch wheels. I went with 255’s. So far they are holding the power well. I also have a Gen2r blower. Currently making 602 WHP. Of course if I were tracking the car I would go with a lot more meat on a wider wheel.

With the Pzeros the car would spin at 50mph in 2nd gear.
Yesterday I played around just a bit and was able to punch it at 40 in 2nd and actually not spin like crazy.

OP
OP

deviantnabeel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mo
Vehicle(s)
GT CS 2016
Cup 2 is overkill for the street. I will get laughed at for this but for now I decided to put Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ on my OEM 18 inch wheels. I went with 255’s. So far they are holding the power well. I also have a Gen2r blower. Currently making 602 WHP. Of course if I were tracking the car I would go with a lot more meat on a wider wheel.

With the Pzeros the car would spin at 50mph in 2nd gear.
Yesterday I played around just a bit and was able to punch it at 40 in 2nd and actually not spin like crazy.
are you running stock IRS or any upgrades? i am runing 20" so i would be at 305s.

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
are you running stock IRS or any upgrades? i am runing 20" so i would be at 305s.
For now the suspension is stock. Still getting my tuning sorted. I don’t launch the car so I haven’t noticed anything weird or wheel hop since adding the extra power.

For the most part it drives like stock until you ask for the power. I’m betting a 305 in the Michelin AS3 or 4s will be great for you. I went with the AS3 because I do drive my car when it’s cold out and I still wanted some traction.
Sponsored