Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I was not commenting about your situation specifically, just dark colored convertibles with dark interiors in Florida as a general situation. What you will find during the 'warm' times of the year on sunny days is that all those dark surfaces will soak up the sun and radiate it back out as heat. Cooled seats definitely help, but they don't overcome all the sun's energy. What I found in central Florida for me was that convertibles were great Nov->April, but May->October I would normally only opt for the convertibles for early morning driving.

I had Mustang convertible rentals several times when I was up visiting the Knoxville area and I found the ones with black interiors would get uncomfortably hot even in early May when the temps were in the low 80s when stuck/stopped in traffic. This led me to decide on looking for a light colored Mustang with dark ceramic interior. Add the 6MT requirement and it's a Unicorn. So I ordered a 2023.
The Ceramic is nice but IMHO can show dirt over time, I have a windshield sun-blocker, plus a reflective car cover.

However I’d agree, May-Sept are not the best top down months in South Fl but again I’m close to the beach vs you being in Central Fl which gets no ocean breeze.

Night time, Regardless of the summer months once the sun goes down in Delray Beach the Convertible is HEAVEN😎
Sponsored