I’m back in a GT, But a Convertible now

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Well I sold my GT Coupe in 2020 which I regretted 5 months later but I was retiring to Fl in 20 and thought I really didn't need it.

Boy was I wrong, however I love convertibles so I looked for a Gold Certified 19 GT PP1 with low miles and made a deal on one

Doesn't have MR or the Active Exhaust but I can live without those items. Just having a PP1 GT convertible is fine with me

It is a 401a Package 😎

Best part is its Shadow Black with Showstopper Red interior, the only other color I would want is Blue with Red but they’re very tuff unless u order one

So I’m back, with the top down in South Fl, Life is Grand

927217E8-3C1A-4EB1-B862-4A1521056ED5.jpeg

0EF485B9-8213-4C35-8F16-059C9D4F4732.jpeg
Sponsored

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome car congratulations enjoy your retirement

Sponsored

Dai Uy Ted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2020 Maserati Levante S Ribelle
You began your search too late. A year ago I found this low-mileage '19 in St. Pete. PP1, 401a, active exhaust, red interior, custom Coyote package with some Roush stuff.
Stang.jpg

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You began your search too late. A year ago I found this low-mileage '19 in St. Pete. PP1, 401a, active exhaust, red interior, custom Coyote package with some Roush stuff.
Stang.jpg
As you know those are unicorns, and your Blue/Red unicorn is beautiful

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Congratulations on your retirement, I went at the end of June and don’t miss it one bit. There is nothing more therapeutic than being able to drop the top and go for a drive.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Convertible is the only way to go in FL. Good choice!

Ecto1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
If you live in Florida without a convertible you may as well move back to Buffalo. The GT is a Great choice. I have the EB but it's still a great touring car. Enjoy. :like:

Sponsored

Onewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
As someone who lived in Central Florida for 40+ years (until recently) and having owned 5 convertibles, I refer to dark colored convertibles with dark interiors as the "Convection Oven" package. :facepalm:

CUL8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT vert. PP1, 401A, AE, 6spd, ESS G2/G3
Congrats, and nice choice... though I may be biased :)

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
As someone who lived in Central Florida for 40+ years (until recently) and having owned 5 convertibles, I refer to dark colored convertibles with dark interiors as the "Convection Oven" package. :facepalm:
I had 01 GT Vert in Hawaii. I could never have top down unless it was night time. Gets too hot

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Last time I checked mine is showstopper red interior and with cooled seats I’ll be fine, plus I dont drive more than 5-6000 miles a yr 🤗

Onewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Last time I checked mine is showstopper red interior and with cooled seats I’ll be fine, plus I dont drive more than 5-6000 miles a yr 🤗
I was not commenting about your situation specifically, just dark colored convertibles with dark interiors in Florida as a general situation. What you will find during the 'warm' times of the year on sunny days is that all those dark surfaces will soak up the sun and radiate it back out as heat. Cooled seats definitely help, but they don't overcome all the sun's energy. What I found in central Florida for me was that convertibles were great Nov->April, but May->October I would normally only opt for the convertibles for early morning driving.

I had Mustang convertible rentals several times when I was up visiting the Knoxville area and I found the ones with black interiors would get uncomfortably hot even in early May when the temps were in the low 80s when stuck/stopped in traffic. This led me to decide on looking for a light colored Mustang with dark ceramic interior. Add the 6MT requirement and it's a Unicorn. So I ordered a 2023.
Sponsored