I’m an idiot, help!

njudd921

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 FORD MUSTANG GT PP
I just replaced my oil pump gears on a 2017 mustang gt. However i missed the critical step of having the cam phasers/gears pointing the right direction and essentially took my chains off 180 degrees opposite of what i should have done. The passenger side L is facing the fender instead of the R, and when the drivers side tensioner came off the cams spun and wasn’t in a neutral position.

can anybody help, or point me in the right direction!? I’m outside of Detroit in Michigan.

oil pump gears are in, I just have no idea how to time this thing correctly.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
No. But good luck.

bauern

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F150 Powerboost
The safest procedure would be to remove the cams so all the valves are closed, turn the crank to the correct starting position then re-install everything in the correct procedure.

What direction is the crank keyway pointing?

OP
OP
njudd921

njudd921

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 FORD MUSTANG GT PP
The safest procedure would be to remove the cams so all the valves are closed, turn the crank to the correct starting position then re-install everything in the correct procedure.

What direction is the crank keyway pointing?
Keyway was still at 5 o clock. Was able to get the drivers side cam turned over to the correct spot and installed the chains, then got the passenger side in the correct spot and all timed correctly. Crank turns over by hand smoothly.
Sponsored