Sponsored

I’m a potential buyer needing some advice

Shelby93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 camaro SS
Hey guys, new here, I’m strongly considering trading my 2017 Camaro SS for a 2016 or 17 GT350. A few things I wanted to ask, what are some big differences with the 16s and 17s? I’ve also seen a few different packages and I’ve noticed the prices seem to be quite different between the packages so what’s that about exactly? I know I could just look it up but I’m working and I’d also like to hear from people who personally own the cars. Last but not least, without being bias as possible, I’ve got a spiritual connection to the 350, I mean I’m just drawn to it. No matter how much I like my SS I’m always dragged back to the gt350. I just Love it. But would y’all say it’s worth trading for? I know the obvious answer on a mustang forum is yes, but I figured I’d ask what y’all think. That exhaust note :love:
Sponsored

flyinlow007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Big difference is the electronics package and track package. For the 16 you could only get one or the other. Some guys who don't have the track package and have taken their 16's to the track have had overheating issues. For the 17's the track package is part of the standard build, only a couple of other options, one of which is the electronics package. For the 18's, you can choose between the electronics package, which gives you the standard Recaro seats and the electronics package, or choose the convenience package, which gives you standard heated/cooled bucket seats and the electronics package

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
On the 17's you could get either the convenience pkg.(heated/cooled leather buckets) or the electronic pkg.(Recaro bucket seats, not heated/cooled and not powered)

chedder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Raptor SC, 2016 custom crew cab
Look for a low milage 16 with both packages. You will love it. Visibility is so much better than the Camaro, and the sound is hipnotic.

Sponsored

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I’ve had nothing but GM performance cars all my life. The 350 made me switch. The drug was so strong, I chased an R. Couldn’t be happier.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2155026&postcount=46

Addl info on the '16s. The same info applies to the '15s but the '15s didn't have the 'Base' as described for the '16s. The '15s were a limited edition of 137 (50 Track, 50 Tech & 37 Rs) Base '16s are different from Base '17 and on...(all '17 and on GT350s have engine oil, transmission and differential fluid coolers. As you read more, you'll understand better.

Read the first post in the public service thread below for more info too.

To answer your question, yes, trade the Camaro, get yourself a GT350 :D Good Luck and welcome to the forum.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Last edited:
OP
OP

Shelby93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 camaro SS
Thank you guys so much!!! I’ll be purchasing in a few months. A 16 with track pack sounds like what I’d want. I’ll try to buy from a poster on here since we are all enthusiasts

Calipony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Me too!

:headbang: I too am seriously interested in getting one. The more I look into them, the more I realize I don’t know what my options are as for packages. Tech, track, convenience, Electrical, etc. I drove a 2016 w/o recarros for all of about 10 minutes and fell in love of course. Not sure about the recarros though... But I know I want the shaker stereo and dash switches. I just don’t know what else comes with the other options... a little help? Also, when looking at used GT350’s dealers have no idea which packages they are, how can I tell what the car has? Codes, etc.?

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
A very small thing to add, but I believe the 17s have softer touch materials on the door card/sill area and I also think they have a little bit better stereo and Apple Carplay. Both stereos are nothing great though.

I will probably get flamed for this, but I'm not sure if I was in your shoes I would make the trade based on how much of a $$$ hit you are going to take. I'm not sure your reason for trading, but the performance difference isn't great at least numbers wise. If it is other reasons and you don't care about the money aspect go for it, I love my car. I considered a Camaro (SS/ZL1), but I didn't like the layout of the interior/cockpit or the exterior look as much as the GT350.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
The low-end torque on the GT350 (under 3500 RPM), isn't great.

It's still good, but not compared to what you get over 3500 RPM. I think that will be something to pay attention to compared to the LT1.

-T

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
FWIW, you'll find yourself running over 4k all the time because of the sound.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
:headbang: I too am seriously interested in getting one. The more I look into them, the more I realize I don’t know what my options are as for packages. Tech, track, convenience, Electrical, etc. I drove a 2016 w/o recarros for all of about 10 minutes and fell in love of course. Not sure about the recarros though... But I know I want the shaker stereo and dash switches. I just don’t know what else comes with the other options... a little help? Also, when looking at used GT350’s dealers have no idea which packages they are, how can I tell what the car has? Codes, etc.?
Just as an FYI, the upgraded audio system in the GT350/R doesn’t have the shaker sub in the trunk, just the main speakers. It’s still a good sounding system given the more performance oriented nature of the car.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
Look for a low milage 16 with both packages. You will love it. Visibility is so much better than the Camaro, and the sound is hipnotic.
16’s were not available with both packages. One of the other.
Get a 2017 or newer they all came with the coolers. Then figure out which seats you like. Choose package based on seat preference.
Sponsored