Hyundai Elantra N Owner has car deregistered for driving in "N" Mode

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Exactly. No matter how hard they try, the result will always be "pretty <insert your adjective here> for a Hyundai".
Sure, but the more performance gas engines before they're all gone the better in my opinion. It stands pretty tall on its own merits, especially for the price.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I hate to be that guy, but the Elantra N is pretty cool. It's one of the more enjoyable 2L turbos out there. Albert Biermann was the head of that N program for a few years now and that was one of his last projects before he retired. It's ugly as sin, and I'd rather have my Mustang, but it's pretty damn entertaining for a Hyundai lol
Yup. but jury is still out on the engine lasting. but all oem's have teething problems. not my type of vehicle, but for those in the market for a sporty somewhat fast car, it might be.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Sure, but the more performance gas engines before they're all gone the better in my opinion. It stands pretty tall on its own merits, especially for the price.
At one time everyone laugh'd at the misu lancer also. they stopped soon after getting doors blown off by a misu

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I've nothing against Hyundais in general; I'm sure they're fine for the price.
Just don't make them loud. Trying to sound cool in a car that everyone and their mother knows you've only bought for the price and warranty is ridiculous. It's like wearing a studded leather jacket when you're a puny, bald, stammering bank accountant. You aren't fooling anyone.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Just don't make them loud. Trying to sound cool in a car that everyone and their mother knows you've only bought for the price and warranty is ridiculous. It's like wearing a studded leather jacket when you're a puny, bald, bespectacled accountant. You aren't fooling anyone.
I dunno, I think it's cool. We can agree to disagree though. Any car that's absurd for the sake of being fun gets a pass in my book.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I dunno, I think it's cool. We can agree to disagree though. Any car that's absurd for the sake of being fun gets a pass in my book.

No. Just no.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Quite the perch your up on.

Just don't make them loud. Trying to sound cool in a car that everyone and their mother knows you've only bought for the price and warranty is ridiculous. It's like wearing a studded leather jacket when you're a puny, bald, stammering bank accountant. You aren't fooling anyone.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; On a stock vehicle from the factory there are a few items under the users control that can get us a ticket. I can run with the lights on high beams all the time. I can break the speed limit. I can tailgate. I can drive on the wrong side of the road. I can park in front of a hydrant. Now it seems a factory stock car can have too loud pipes.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Have you ever driven one of these fugly N's? I did and I can say that it gives much better performance on track versus a stock mustang. You need to do quite a number of suspension mods to make mustang handle in corners like this one. With close to 300hp and being much lighter, it's not slow in straights by any means either. It's a great track day car that you can take to HPDE straight from dealership. I'm not sure why it cannot have some pops and burbles to compliment that great handling experience.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
:ninja:

Have you ever driven one of these fugly N's? I did and I can say that it gives much better performance on track versus a stock mustang. You need to do quite a number of suspension mods to make mustang handle in corners like this one. With close to 300hp and being much lighter, it's not slow in straights by any means either. It's a great track day car that you can take to HPDE straight from dealership. I'm not sure why it cannot have some pops and burbles to compliment that great handling experience.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Some people think NA V8 cars are dumb. I try to be as tolerant as possible of fellow "car people". There aren't enough of us and I think we should try to be supportive of each other.

That goes for everyone except those that buy cars with automatic transmissions. Those guys are terrible (this is a joke!).

Quite the perch your up on.
That's what I was thinking too. I would understand it more on a Porsche or Corvette forum. Mustang is not typically any kind of elitist machine.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
This incident highlights the need for clarity in regulations regarding factory-installed features and their impact on noise levels. Manufacturers should ensure that their vehicles comply with local regulations when operating in various modes, especially if those modes affect exhaust noise.
their confirmation that the car is factory stock will likely play a crucial role in determining the outcome.
Hello; This may be a repeat of my views. Most every car I have owned has come from the factory with the capacity to break current traffic laws. In particular speed limits, even interstate limits of over 70 MPH. Were i given a ticket for speeding and then tried to claim I shouldn't be punished because the top speed was a stock factory item, I would lose that claim.

I could buy a ford raptor 4x4 truck and claim because it has factory off road traction therefore i should not be blamed for chewing up someone's land. In fact I witnessed such an incident decades ago. A guy i knew had a new Bronco. He decided to try it out in a field. The truck was awesome. Went thru the mire great. He even drove one of the tires partly off a rim. Had to put on a spare. Thing turned out that he had to pay the landowner damages.

Point being, if not yet clear, is having a factory setting does not make it OK to use such everywhere. I was about to buy a Bullitt with active exhaust. Had the active exhaust option. I knew there would be places I could not open it up.
Sponsored