DandeeLioness

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Ughā€¦an unfortunate update. I had a passenger in my backseat for the first time in a while and he noticed something that made me šŸ„²

B291057D-DCC5-45BB-9571-997D20FBDA1C.jpeg

Not sure what happened but Iā€™ll be reaching out to @HGP_AutoGlass about their warranty process soon. At least I have plenty of pictures to prove it was fine for several weeks before this random crack appeared out of nowhere!

Hereā€™s hoping the process isnā€™t too bad but Iā€™m really not looking forward to having to coordinate the tint/install sessions all over again and footing that billā€¦ugh. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
Ughā€¦an unfortunate update. I had a passenger in my backseat for the first time in a while and he noticed something that made me šŸ„²

Not sure what happened but Iā€™ll be reaching out to @HGP_AutoGlass about their warranty process soon. At least I have plenty of pictures to prove it was fine for several weeks before this random crack appeared out of nowhere!

Hereā€™s hoping the process isnā€™t too bad but Iā€™m really not looking forward to having to coordinate the tint/install sessions all over again and footing that billā€¦ugh. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø
Bummer! I remember how stoked you were to get those. Maybe if you butter Hyperformance up when you talk to them they'll at least cover the installation cost. Tell them they probably sold (or will sell) some more based on your excellent review.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Product review for Hyperformance louvered glass windows!

8BCFE263-05EC-42D8-8FAD-79E07C6F4660.jpeg

I knew the moment I saw these and before Iā€™d even ordered my car that these would be my very first mod. Iā€™ve always loved the classic look of louvered windows but Iā€™m (personally) not a huge fan of the black plastic version that you just stick on with 3M tape ā€” and how Iā€™d go about cleaning under them was a mystery lol

So when I saw these last year I knew I had to save up and hopefully catch a Black Friday sale ā€” and I did!

The only challenging part I encountered was having these professionally tinted. I had to go to two different people (one for tint, one for install) for this which wasnā€™t a big deal and, looking back, would honestly be my preference in order to take advantage of the expertise of both.

Hereā€™s a collection of photos of the finished product (including a shot from the interior for anyone curious):

034DE51D-F7C0-4AA9-8B71-AE3FC067A69C.jpeg

FCA9AFB4-3EFF-4A76-B0A4-340B1CB00D1F.jpeg
5B1FF017-B548-42E6-84AB-A41BED809163.jpeg

D416689B-FD7B-4A15-BAFD-530E3B9285AA.jpeg

189B3D06-EAA9-4658-9ABF-08584FEE4206.jpeg

8093C22B-6D11-4B57-BB48-B080B0C27B0E.jpeg

I have some recommendations and tips for anyone that is considering purchasing these:
  • the company (Hyperformance Glass Products) posts discount codes a few times a year that take a considerable amount off the cost ($200+ during Black Friday) so I recommend checking posts by @HGP_AutoGlass AND their Facebook page during sale season!
  • pay attention to the companyā€™s fine print after ordering that states when your shipment arrives, you check the windows BEFORE you accept the delivery. If they are cracked or damaged, you are supposed to refuse delivery and contact Hyperformance. My FedEx person just left my box outside (no signature required) but thankfully, my windows were undamaged so no issues
  • if youā€™re interested in tinting these, do so BEFORE they are installed (make sure you know the tinting percentages of your other windows so they match!). Some shops wonā€™t even work with these if theyā€™re already installed in the car, as itā€™s more difficult to cut and apply the custom shapes that will be needed.
  • wait to gather tinting quotes until you have these in-hand and can physically take them to local tinting shops. I recommend finding people that specifically work with cutting custom tint (for cars, businesses, etc.), as these were definitely a custom cut for my guy and required him to create paper templates and hand-cut the film with a knife. Not a complex process according to him, but the first few shops I spoke with werenā€™t willing to do this and only worked with precut tint.
  • Your tinter will likely NOT believe you when you tell them these are glass. They may do a ā€œtap testā€ with their finger and still wonā€™t be convinced, but rest assured, the tinting film WILL adhere (I guess it doesnā€™t stick to plastic?). My guy did a small knife check on a back corner and even looked them up on Hyperformanceā€™s site because he was still paranoid lol
  • while the packaged windows themselves have stickers on the protective wrap that warn the tinter, Iā€™d recommended reiterating they should NOT apply concentrated heat to these ā€” just in case!
  • have an auto glass installer do the install as they know exactly how to remove and preserve your OEM windows and properly install/seal these new windows. Assuming you want the OEM windows back, make sure you mention that so they donā€™t keep them to sell them or something.
  • make sure you tell the glass installer NOT to press on the center of these windows to ā€œpush them intoā€ position. Another forum member mentioned that their glass cracked from this scenario, so I mentioned it to my own installer (these windows do have pins and according to my guy, he said they never press on the center, but a less experienced person may try to).
  • Iā€™d also recommend you tell them to apply enough rust inhibitor during install, which was another helpful tip from @Evolvd!
My tinter charged $100 to custom tint the set and my installer charged $200 to do the install for both sides. He said it took his guy an hour or two to swap them out.

Itā€™s funny, both shops that worked on tinting and installing these for me told me that theyā€™ve seen hundreds of Mustangs come through but NEVER had they seen this mod before! It was an intimidating project for them initially but both were up for the challenge. I encouraged them to take photos and share on their socials if they wanted to showcase their diversity in what their people can do!

Overall, I absolutely LOVE the look and feel of these windows. They add that classic muscle car look without sacrificing quality, class, or ease of cleaning/maintenance. The extra louvered window lines just make her stand out even more so Iā€™m very happy to have a more unique addition to my car. Sure, maybe upon first glance, the average person wouldnā€™t notice them at all because itā€™s such a subtle mod ā€” but I do and thatā€™s all that matters to me in the end!

šŸ˜šŸ’™

DFDE6719-97EB-4B05-A334-352450C9D112.jpeg
Glad to see Hyperformance is getting the creds and you posted a thorough review of the product!

I've been posting about them since they debuted at SEMA back in 2020/2021? Here's an older thread of a few I've posted about in here:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/quarter-window-louvers.162713/#post-3312909

They look absolutely great on your S550!

Any updates as to the crack?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Might not be too bad. Maybe someone can replace just that pane. And tint the replacement beforehand.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

Recently discovered I have a similar crack (cracks) that showed up on my passenger side. Very very thin, and you can barely see them in some lighting, but you can catch a fingernail on them.

Sucks because I don't think it ever got bumped or anything and it was fine for a long time. I didn't even notice, a friend of mine pointed them out to me.

Let me know what happens with the warranty. My drivers side is still good.

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
Dandee, any new developments re: that nasty crack?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Recently discovered I have a similar crack (cracks) that showed up on my passenger side. Very very thin, and you can barely see them in some lighting, but you can catch a fingernail on them.

Sucks because I don't think it ever got bumped or anything and it was fine for a long time. I didn't even notice, a friend of mine pointed them out to me.

Let me know what happens with the warranty. My drivers side is still good.
@DandeeLioness and @NightmareMoon

Any updates? Did Hyperformance Glass replace the 1/4 glass - and/or cover the R&R too?

Both of you had similar failures.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I have not reached out to them. To much going on.

OP
OP
DandeeLioness

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Hey all ā€” I do have an update on this issue and finally some time to post it! Gonna tag a few folks who inquired so they get the notification: @Farkel @Cobra Jet @NightmareMoon

I reached out to Hyperformance a few weeks ago using their warranty form and got a response about a week later. They agreed that I was eligible to be sent a replacement for the driverā€™s side window after their team reviewed my photos and the details Iā€™d included about the crack.

Overall, the experience was painless and I was very happy to receive the replacement on time and as promised! šŸ‘

For right now, Iā€™m just going to hang on to it and see if the crack gets worse, splinters into more cracks, etc. You canā€™t see it from the outside if youā€™re not looking for it and Iā€™m not willing to go through the expense and process of having the new window tinted and installed right now. But at least I have it on-hand for if that becomes necessary down the line.

Iā€™m really hoping it doesnā€™t get worse and I do still love the look of this mod very much! Itā€™s rare anyone rides in my backseat so Iā€™m not super worried about it right now from a cosmetic perspective. Itā€™s unfortunate that the crack happened at all but they did right by me. Iā€™ll update here again if any other developments happen down the road (pun intended šŸ˜‚)!

Last edited:

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if the small panes are expanding/shrinking more than the surround around each panel. idk

22MAVXLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT
I didn't even know these were out. They look great! But DAMN, $100 to tint these? There is no way we could get away with those prices in our shop. Hell, we get told all the time $100 for 2 front doors of a truck/suv is too high. But, I will gladly tint these all day every day for $100 a pop.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey all ā€” I do have an update on this issue and finally some time to post it! Gonna tag a few folks who inquired so they get the notification: @Farkel @Cobra Jet @NightmareMoon

I reached out to Hyperformance a few weeks ago using their warranty form and got a response about a week later. They agreed that I was eligible to be sent a replacement for the driverā€™s side window after their team reviewed my photos and the details Iā€™d included about the crack.

Overall, the experience was painless and I was very happy to receive the replacement on time and as promised! šŸ‘

For right now, Iā€™m just going to hang on to it and see if the crack gets worse, splinters into more cracks, etc. You canā€™t see it from the outside if youā€™re not looking for it and Iā€™m not willing to go through the expense and process of having the new window tinted and installed right now. But at least I have it on-hand for if that becomes necessary down the line.

Iā€™m really hoping it doesnā€™t get worse and I do still love the look of this mod very much! Itā€™s rare anyone rides in my backseat so Iā€™m not super worried about it right now from a cosmetic perspective. Itā€™s unfortunate that the crack happened at all but they did right by me. Iā€™ll update here again if any other developments happen down the road (pun intended šŸ˜‚)!
That's great to hear that Hyperformance reviewed and sent you another 1/4 under warranty replacement.

Ramairetransam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 s550
wow these are cool , never knew they existed . sucks yours cracked , a very unique look . It looks like something that was designed for the car but never made production ..very cool pieces.
Sponsored