Hyperformance Louvered Glass Windows: Install & Review

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
⭐ UPDATE 7.4.23: Be sure you read my latest comments about these windows, as my experience with them has not been great since I had them installed. Just things to keep in mind if you are considering investing in these for your own pony!

Product review for Hyperformance louvered glass windows!

8BCFE263-05EC-42D8-8FAD-79E07C6F4660.jpeg

I knew the moment I saw these and before I’d even ordered my car that these would be my very first mod. I’ve always loved the classic look of louvered windows but I’m (personally) not a huge fan of the black plastic version that you just stick on with 3M tape — and how I’d go about cleaning under them was a mystery lol

So when I saw these last year I knew I had to save up and hopefully catch a Black Friday sale — and I did!

The only challenging part I encountered was having these professionally tinted. I had to go to two different people (one for tint, one for install) for this which wasn’t a big deal and, looking back, would honestly be my preference in order to take advantage of the expertise of both.

Here’s a collection of photos of the finished product (including a shot from the interior for anyone curious):

034DE51D-F7C0-4AA9-8B71-AE3FC067A69C.jpeg

FCA9AFB4-3EFF-4A76-B0A4-340B1CB00D1F.jpeg
5B1FF017-B548-42E6-84AB-A41BED809163.jpeg

D416689B-FD7B-4A15-BAFD-530E3B9285AA.jpeg

189B3D06-EAA9-4658-9ABF-08584FEE4206.jpeg

8093C22B-6D11-4B57-BB48-B080B0C27B0E.jpeg

I have some recommendations and tips for anyone that is considering purchasing these:
  • the company (Hyperformance Glass Products) posts discount codes a few times a year that take a considerable amount off the cost ($200+ during Black Friday) so I recommend checking posts by @HGP_AutoGlass AND their Facebook page during sale season!
  • pay attention to the company’s fine print after ordering that states when your shipment arrives, you check the windows BEFORE you accept the delivery. If they are cracked or damaged, you are supposed to refuse delivery and contact Hyperformance. My FedEx person just left my box outside (no signature required) but thankfully, my windows were undamaged so no issues
  • if you’re interested in tinting these, do so BEFORE they are installed (make sure you know the tinting percentages of your other windows so they match!). Some shops won’t even work with these if they’re already installed in the car, as it’s more difficult to cut and apply the custom shapes that will be needed.
  • wait to gather tinting quotes until you have these in-hand and can physically take them to local tinting shops. I recommend finding people that specifically work with cutting custom tint (for cars, businesses, etc.), as these were definitely a custom cut for my guy and required him to create paper templates and hand-cut the film with a knife. Not a complex process according to him, but the first few shops I spoke with weren’t willing to do this and only worked with precut tint.
  • Your tinter will likely NOT believe you when you tell them these are glass. They may do a “tap test” with their finger and still won’t be convinced, but rest assured, the tinting film WILL adhere (I guess it doesn’t stick to plastic?). My guy did a small knife check on a back corner and even looked them up on Hyperformance’s site because he was still paranoid lol
  • while the packaged windows themselves have stickers on the protective wrap that warn the tinter, I’d recommended reiterating they should NOT apply concentrated heat to these — just in case!
  • have an auto glass installer do the install as they know exactly how to remove and preserve your OEM windows and properly install/seal these new windows. Assuming you want the OEM windows back, make sure you mention that so they don’t keep them to sell them or something.
  • make sure you tell the glass installer NOT to press on the center of these windows to “push them into” position. Another forum member mentioned that their glass cracked from this scenario, so I mentioned it to my own installer (these windows do have pins and according to my guy, he said they never press on the center, but a less experienced person may try to).
  • I’d also recommend you tell them to apply enough rust inhibitor during install, which was another helpful tip from @Evolvd!
My tinter charged $100 to custom tint the set and my installer charged $200 to do the install for both sides. He said it took his guy an hour or two to swap them out.

It’s funny, both shops that worked on tinting and installing these for me told me that they’ve seen hundreds of Mustangs come through but NEVER had they seen this mod before! It was an intimidating project for them initially but both were up for the challenge. I encouraged them to take photos and share on their socials if they wanted to showcase their diversity in what their people can do!

Overall, I absolutely LOVE the look and feel of these windows. They add that classic muscle car look without sacrificing quality, class, or ease of cleaning/maintenance. The extra louvered window lines just make her stand out even more so I’m very happy to have a more unique addition to my car. Sure, maybe upon first glance, the average person wouldn’t notice them at all because it’s such a subtle mod — but I do and that’s all that matters to me in the end!

😍💙

DFDE6719-97EB-4B05-A334-352450C9D112.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tawse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2022 GB GT/CS
Excellent review and GD you're really gonna make me have to be a copycat here lol... LOVE the look from the inside. That pretty much sells it for me. Mayhaps I'll make this Stella's BDay present, I don't think the wife will let me get anything else major until I throw more money at the mortgage. Something about being financially mature. blah blah blah. lol

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Product review for Hyperformance louvered glass windows!

8BCFE263-05EC-42D8-8FAD-79E07C6F4660.jpeg

I knew the moment I saw these and before I’d even ordered my car that these would be my very first mod. I’ve always loved the classic look of louvered windows but I’m (personally) not a huge fan of the black plastic version that you just stick on with 3M tape — and how I’d go about cleaning under them was a mystery lol

So when I saw these last year I knew I had to save up and hopefully catch a Black Friday sale — and I did!

The only challenging part I encountered was having these professionally tinted. I had to go to two different people (one for tint, one for install) for this which wasn’t a big deal and, looking back, would honestly be my preference in order to take advantage of the expertise of both.

Here’s a collection of photos of the finished product (including a shot from the interior for anyone curious):

034DE51D-F7C0-4AA9-8B71-AE3FC067A69C.jpeg

FCA9AFB4-3EFF-4A76-B0A4-340B1CB00D1F.jpeg
5B1FF017-B548-42E6-84AB-A41BED809163.jpeg

D416689B-FD7B-4A15-BAFD-530E3B9285AA.jpeg

189B3D06-EAA9-4658-9ABF-08584FEE4206.jpeg

8093C22B-6D11-4B57-BB48-B080B0C27B0E.jpeg

I have some recommendations and tips for anyone that is considering purchasing these:
  • the company (Hyperformance Glass Products) posts discount codes a few times a year that take a considerable amount off the cost ($200+ during Black Friday) so I recommend checking posts by @HGP_AutoGlass AND their Facebook page during sale season!
  • pay attention to the company’s fine print after ordering that states when your shipment arrives, you check the windows BEFORE you accept the delivery. If they are cracked or damaged, you are supposed to refuse delivery and contact Hyperformance. My FedEx person just left my box outside (no signature required) but thankfully, my windows were undamaged so no issues
  • wait to gather tinting quotes until you have these in-hand and can physically take them to local tinting shops. I recommend finding people that specifically work with cutting custom tint (for cars, businesses, etc.), as these were definitely a custom cut for my guy and required him to create paper templates and hand-cut the film with a knife. Not a complex process according to him, but the first few shops I spoke with weren’t willing to do this and only worked with precut tint.
  • Your tinter will likely NOT believe you when you tell them these are glass. They may do a “tap test” with their finger and still won’t be convinced, but rest assured, the tinting film WILL adhere (I guess it doesn’t stick to plastic?). My guy did a small knife check on a back corner and even looked them up on Hyperformance’s site because he was still paranoid lol
  • while the packaged windows themselves have stickers on the protective wrap that warn the tinter, I’d recommended reiterating they should NOT apply concentrated heat to these — just in case!
  • have an auto glass installer do the install as they know exactly how to remove and preserve your OEM windows and properly install/seal these new windows. Assuming you want the OEM windows back, make sure you mention that so they don’t keep them to sell them or something.
  • make sure you tell the glass installer NOT to press on the center of these windows to “push them into” position. Another forum member mentioned that their glass cracked from this scenario, so I mentioned it to my own installer (these windows do have pins and according to my guy, he said they never press on the center, but a less experienced person may try to).
  • I’d also recommend you tell them to apply enough rust inhibitor during install, which was another helpful tip from @Evolvd!
My tinter charged $100 to custom tint the set and my installer charged $200 to do the install for both sides. He said it took his guy an hour or two to swap them out.

It’s funny, both shops that worked on tinting and installing these for me told me that they’ve seen hundreds of Mustangs come through but NEVER had they seen this mod before! It was an intimidating project for them initially but both were up for the challenge. I encouraged them to take photos and share on their socials if they wanted to showcase their diversity in what their people can do!

Overall, I absolutely LOVE the look and feel of these windows. They add that classic muscle car look without sacrificing quality, class, or ease of cleaning/maintenance. The extra louvered window lines just make her stand out even more so I’m very happy to have a more unique edition to my car. Sure, maybe upon first glance, the average person wouldn’t notice them at all because it’s such a subtle mod — but I do and that’s all that matters to me in the end!

😍💙

DFDE6719-97EB-4B05-A334-352450C9D112.jpeg
Happy my experience helped you out! I love this mod and it’s so subtle most people don’t even notice it.

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
Another well thought out review from the Dandee one! Helpful tips, great pics, AND they do make B.B. look even better. I was pleasantly surprised by the view from inside; no loss of visibility at all.

OP
OP
DandeeLioness

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Excellent review and GD you're really gonna make me have to be a copycat here lol... LOVE the look from the inside. That pretty much sells it for me. Mayhaps I'll make this Stella's BDay present, I don't think the wife will let me get anything else major until I throw more money at the mortgage. Something about being financially mature. blah blah blah. lol
Bahaha well you totally called it months ago when you said we both have great taste in cars!! 😎

I love the look from the inside and that it lets in light, your vision isn’t impaired, etc. But I will say that the laminated glass does kind of give a “warped” view when looking out? It’s not like looking out of perfectly flat glass (could be the way each glass pane is positioned 🤔) but it’s not bad and way better than the alternative. I noticed it yesterday on my drive home and figured I’d mention it here!

Sponsored

OP
OP
DandeeLioness

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Happy my experience helped you out! I love this mod and it’s so subtle most people don’t even notice it.
For sure! I saved all your notes and recommendations months ago and wanted to reference back for anyone else who may benefit from them. I love this mod and totally agree with you, too — the subtlety is nice and those who know, will know!

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
So glad I saw these and I think I want them but will have to wait a bit. I still want to get the rear window aluminum one I found and not one of the plastic ones for that and now these too since they do not really impede on looking out of those windows.

Love em and thanks for sharing this!

OP
OP
DandeeLioness

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Another well thought out review from the Dandee one! Helpful tips, great pics, AND they do make B.B. look even better. I was pleasantly surprised by the view from inside; no loss of visibility at all.
Thank you! And I like writing reviews based on what I wished I’d seen/known before committing to a purchase, so hopefully this helps other folks.

So glad I saw these and I think I want them but will have to wait a bit. I still want to get the rear window aluminum one I found and not one of the plastic ones for that and now these too since they do not really impede on looking out of those windows.

Love em and thanks for sharing this!
That’s awesome and you’re welcome! I can only imagine how sexy these would look on a FJG Mach 1, so you’ll definitely have to share photos on here if you end up going for it. 🔥

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Thank you! And I like writing reviews based on what I wished I’d seen/known before committing to a purchase, so hopefully this helps other folks.

That’s awesome and you’re welcome! I can only imagine how sexy these would look on a FJG Mach 1, so you’ll definitely have to share photos on here if you end up going for it. 🔥
I definitely plan on getting these and will do so once I get them. So did you have these tinted prior to going on the car or after? I still have yet to get my windows tinted and plan on doing so this coming season.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I definitely plan on getting these and will do so once I get them. So did you have these tinted prior to going on the car or after? I still have yet to get my windows tinted and plan on doing so this coming season.
Get them tinted before you install them. Makes it so much easier for the tinter.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DandeeLioness

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Like @Evolvd mentioned, you tint them before install for sure. That way they can pattern the windows and cut and lay the tint from a table (or other flat surface) rather than try to maneuver around inside the car.

And if the same shop will also be tinting your other windows, that would definitely make choosing the correct tint percentages and brands much easier!

(also amended my original post to add this recommendation about tinting prior to install)

JB2017V8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jeroen
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT ford mustang
Great review and a lot of useful tips.
These are the first louvers that I really like, those plastic glue on things you see the most I think look horrible and just block visibility.
And so I can add a other part to my growing mod list :)

tsantsa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
WHO can even install this? This is obviously not a DIY type of project in my opinion...

OP
OP
DandeeLioness

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
WHO can even install this? This is obviously not a DIY type of project in my opinion...
All the info for the installation process is in my original post and yeah, definitely not a DIY project at all and requires a pro!

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah my tint guy also balked and didn’t believe they were glass until Iet him do the knife thing. He was pretty sure lol.
Sponsored