Sponsored

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
Love the back and forth. Good, adult debate. Discourse the way it should be. But, I'm still getting one.
Sponsored

MT-Taco

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra, 2022 Corolla Hybrid, 2022 RAV4 XSE
Honestly it’s kind hard to say what true mpg’s are with 10-15 minute drive? And what would have the non hybrid be on the exact same trip?

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
Honestly it’s kind hard to say what true mpg’s are with 10-15 minute drive? And what would have the non hybrid be on the exact same trip?
A lot of varibles to consider. First off, Toyota hybrids do not go into full hybrid mode until the engine is at operating temp. In theory, all things being equal with 100% engine on, the hybrid would lose do to its extra weight. But that's rarely the case. In mixed driving, the hybid will do better because in stop and go driving or just creeping along, the engine will be off or your running on battery. Those incremental savings will add up over time. But, -as always- your mileage my vary.

AlexT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado ZR2
Something I noticed in other videos from that event is that the hybrids didn’t seem to be operating at full capacity on the dash display. I think they gave each reviewer only 15-20 minutes to drive them and they all proceeded to hammer them back to back with little to no recharge time. I’m not sure how much of a difference that would make but it’s not nothing.

WKTJR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra CrewMax
Something I noticed in other videos from that event is that the hybrids didn’t seem to be operating at full capacity on the dash display. I think they gave each reviewer only 15-20 minutes to drive them and they all proceeded to hammer them back to back with little to no recharge time. I’m not sure how much of a difference that would make but it’s not nothing.
The battery will always deliver it's rated power regardless of the amount of charge left. It's no different than having 25% of fuel left in the tank. The only difference is the system will not let the battery go dead. It will always charge when there is an opportunity.
Sponsored