Sponsored

hub centric rings and velgens

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
i removed my wheels and the hub centric rings i had broke in the process now i need to replace them does anyone know what size i need for velgen wheels
Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
You will need 73.1-70.5

I have them if you need them brotha, or [MENTION=11003]Velgen[/MENTION] they can hook you up direct since your local to the area.

OP
OP

danny0441

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt DIB
You will need 73.1-70.5

I have them if you need them brotha, or [MENTION=11003]Velgen[/MENTION] they can hook you up direct since your local to the area.
thank you i really appreciate the offer great to see such amazing customer service a local shop which i wont name wanted to charge me 45 bucks for a set of plastic ones called velgen today after work and they had me swing by to pick up an aluminum set complimentary awesome customer service from so many vendors

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
thank you i really appreciate the offer great to see such amazing customer service a local shop which i wont name wanted to charge me 45 bucks for a set of plastic ones called velgen today after work and they had me swing by to pick up an aluminum set complimentary awesome customer service from so many vendors
Awesome news brotha and not a problem at all.

Sponsored

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Curious what these rings are. Are they for mounting the wheels or are they the center caps? Just curious what the 70 size means, just shy of 3", wondering what they are.

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
they are for mounting the wheels concentrically on the hub as opposed to using the wheel studs. Those are the sizes in mm for front and back.

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
they are for mounting the wheels concentrically on the hub as opposed to using the wheel studs. Those are the sizes in mm for front and back.
Okay, I get that. So do they push the wheels out further (as in a spacer). Why aren't the wheels made to be hubcentic from the manufacturer?

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
Okay, I get that. So do they push the wheels out further (as in a spacer). Why aren't the wheels made to be hubcentic from the manufacturer?
They are not a spacer, they are made to allow a snug fit to the hub thus reducing the chance of vibrations.

There are wheels that are mustang specific at 70.5 MM CB however those wheels then cannot work on anything other then a Mustang. So a resolution for many manufacturers are to make a wheel in say a 5x114.3 PCD that allows it to work on lexus, mustang, acura, honda nissan etc and just uses a hubring to provide a snug Hub fit.

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
They are not a spacer, they are made to allow a snug fit to the hub thus reducing the chance of vibrations.

There are wheels that are mustang specific at 70.5 MM CB however those wheels then cannot work on anything other then a Mustang. So a resolution for many manufacturers are to make a wheel in say a 5x114.3 PCD that allows it to work on lexus, mustang, acura, honda nissan etc and just uses a hubring to provide a snug Hub fit.
Thanks, now I get it. Sorry I have another question. When ordering wheels like this, do they typically come with the required rings for the model vehicle you order them for? Also do they attach to the wheel somehow or do you place them over the hub and then lift the wheel up onto them?

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, now I get it. Sorry I have another question. When ordering wheels like this, do they typically come with the required rings for the model vehicle you order them for? Also do they attach to the wheel somehow or do you place them over the hub and then lift the wheel up onto them?
No worries

So typically 99.9% of the time they do come with it either the manufacturer provides it or companies such as myself provide it. It is always good to verify with the source you are purchasing from.

In other cases when buying them used you may need to purchase new hubrings.

They only fit in one way they have a bezel of sorts that only allows for them to slide onto the CB of the wheel in one direction, and or you can slit it onto the hub of the CB and then mount the wheel, but I prefer the first way better.

esco11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I’ve been having trouble finding some hub rings in 73.1-70.5 and would appreciate it if I could buy some from you.
I was also thinking about adding some 5mm spacers and wanted to know if that could work with them.

esco11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I was considering plastic but thought they might melt since I live in Texas.
It’s been getting over 100 degrees here lately.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
I was considering plastic but thought they might melt since I live in Texas.
It’s been getting over 100 degrees here lately.
They wont melt sir.
Sponsored