Wings1090

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R "HR612" ; 2009 Cobalt SS
Vehicle Showcase
Hello All. I've been lurking on here for about two years, getting useful information from the members on here. I placed an order for a 2017 GT350R at MSRP in March 2016. I guess I was either naive or just hopeful, but after almost a year and a half, I found out that my dealer would not be getting either a 2017 or 2018 allocation. Around July 4th I was able to acquire a car at an ADM that I was willing to live with in Texas, and made the 1,280 mile trek down from Michigan with a truck and trailer to get it on July 14th. Two weeks and 1,100 miles later, I have no regrets and could not be happier. Pics of course:

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

Funny little side note. I went to the Concours d'Elegance Cars and Coffee in Plymouth, MI over the weekend. On top of being the only GT350R at the show, I ran into the infamous "Gotti". He and I chatted for about 45 minutes, super nice guy. Pic for evidence:
picture.jpg
Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Glad you were able to find a backup car. Hopefully it's in the color you wanted also. I got lucky and my dealer who didn't originally have an allocation for '17 ended up getting one. But not before I traded my '16 350 in and placed a heavy deposit on an order. Most of my deal was luck and I know the struggles of trying to find a car, for a while I was convincing myself I was gonna have to pay adm to get one. Congrats on the new machine. I'd have to wrap the entire car as I'm entirely too ocd for black. But they sure look great when they are clean!

OP
OP
Wings1090

Wings1090

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you were able to find a backup car. Hopefully it's in the color you wanted also. I got lucky and my dealer who didn't originally have an allocation for '17 ended up getting one. But not before I traded my '16 350 in and placed a heavy deposit on an order. Most of my deal was luck and I know the struggles of trying to find a car, for a while I was convincing myself I was gonna have to pay adm to get one. Congrats on the new machine. I'd have to wrap the entire car as I'm entirely too ocd for black. But they sure look great when they are clean!
Thanks! Luckily, it was exactly what I wanted. Black w/Black is a very common color combo as it turns out. After my deal fell through, I knew that I wouldn't get one at MSRP. So, I decided what I was willing to spend and started calling around. I'm glad to hear your gamble paid off too. I'm having it partially wrapped, then Opti-coated next spring. I was quoted $6800 for a full wrap, or $3200 for full front, A-pillar and partial roof, rockers, and front of the rear wheels. The main issue around where I live is that all of the place are fully booked until fall. I was lucky to get in around mid-August.

Sponsored

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Congrats on your new ride. Thanks for sharing some pics,always nice. Can't help but ask, apparently there is no avenue for a Ford employee to have an inside edge to acquire an 350/R?

Now for a really big favor........... your a Ford employee & you just met Mr. Gotti, would it be asking to much if you guys could see to it that our R gets a little extra "Pixie Dust" ? Supposed to be this week.

Thanks to the 10th power!

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Congrats on your new ride. Thanks for sharing some pics,always nice. Can't help but ask, apparently there is no avenue for a Ford employee to have an inside edge to acquire an 350/R?

Now for a really big favor........... your a Ford employee & you just met Mr. Gotti, would it be asking to much if you guys could see to it that our R gets a little extra "Pixie Dust" ? Supposed to be this week.

Thanks to the 10th power!
If by Ford employee you mean union? Then no. If you are high enough on the food chain within the company then, yes.

Gotti I believe was or is looking for an R for himself.

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mustang, 2017 GT350R
Best color combination!! It looks like my car's twin. Congratulations, it looks so nice, hope you enjoy it!!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Congrats on the car. The hunt is over and now time to enjoy your prize. I'm having my TY Xpel'd tomorrow (whole car).

Great color combo. What mods are you considering?

Again, congrats.

Sponsored

oldmachguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Hello All. I've been lurking on here for about two years, getting useful information from the members on here. I placed an order for a 2017 GT350R at MSRP in March 2016. I guess I was either naive or just hopeful, but after almost a year and a half, I found out that my dealer would not be getting either a 2017 or 2018 allocation. Around July 4th I was able to acquire a car at an ADM that I was willing to live with in Texas, and made the 1,280 mile trek down from Michigan with a truck and trailer to get it on July 14th. Two weeks and 1,100 miles later, I have no regrets and could not be happier. Pics of course:

picture.jpg

Funny little side note. I went to the Concours d'Elegance Cars and Coffee in Plymouth, MI over the weekend. On top of being the only GT350R at the show, I ran into the infamous "Gotti". He and I chatted for about 45 minutes, super nice guy. Pic for evidence:
picture.jpg
What a coincidence. Saturday around 5:00 pm Gotti emailed me some video from that meet, I texted him back with a picture of HR606 (which he shepherded through the build for me) getting Xpel.

He texts back that he had seen HR612 there. Guess that was you, huh? The Internet sure has shrunk the world.

OP
OP
Wings1090

Wings1090

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the car. The hunt is over and now time to enjoy your prize. I'm having my TY Xpel'd tomorrow (whole car).

Great color combo. What mods are you considering?

Again, congrats.
Thank you! I'm planning to eventually do some mods. Cooltech Harness Bar, 4-point Harnesses, Steeda Jacking Rails, Redline Hood Struts, Oil Separators, and an extra set of wheels and tires (P51s).

What a coincidence. Saturday around 5:00 pm Gotti emailed me some video from that meet, I texted him back with a picture of HR606 (which he shepherded through the build for me) getting Xpel.

He texts back that he had seen HR612 there. Guess that was you, huh? The Internet sure has shrunk the world.
Yea, we chatted for a while about cars that he was watching for certain members. He then wanted the photo taken of him next to my car so the forum's enjoyment.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Looks great Congrats!
Gotti is a good fella. I know he too is looking for an R. Hope he has found one. Im sure he will when all is said and done, if he hasnt already.

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
Congrats, the R looks great.
Sponsored