Sponsored

HPDE Plans for 2019 (Track/Club/Group/Dates)

rob_s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Assuming this is like any other MVP event, if you're in the novice group, there will be sign up sheets for each instructor wherever they hold the drivers' meeting. You're welcome to sign up with instructors for any and all run sessions. MVP is brand-agnostic; you'll probably see a lot of E36 and E46 M3s.
Sponsored

lil'Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane Landis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 1993 Ford Lightning 2018 Jeep Unlimited Sahara 2004 Ford F150
Sounds great! When you attend your first MVP event is it traditional that you run the novice group, or at least run it for the first day? I have been to other weekends where they put you in the novice group to start with to help you learn the track with some instruction but later in the first day or by the second day the instructor can move you to an intermediate group etc. I like approaching a new track with caution and some assistance even though I have track/seat time elsewhere. Thanks again!

rob_s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
When you sign up, you self-select your run group (Advanced, Intermediate, Novice). You don't necessarily have to sign up for novice your first time if you do have a lot of track time under your belt, but they typically say to go down a group your first time at a new track. I think they say they may move you around over the course of the weekend, but I haven't seen it happen much. Most likely the only way they'd move you up is if they need to move someone else down. All the tracks I've done with them have the same passing zones for novice and intermediate (only advanced gets a few more passing zones, and always with a point-by in all 3 groups).

OP
OP
Gray Ghost GT

Gray Ghost GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang GT 5.0l 3V
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds great! When you attend your first MVP event is it traditional that you run the novice group, or at least run it for the first day? I have been to other weekends where they put you in the novice group to start with to help you learn the track with some instruction but later in the first day or by the second day the instructor can move you to an intermediate group etc. I like approaching a new track with caution and some assistance even though I have track/seat time elsewhere. Thanks again!
How much HPDE experience do you have? Which clubs and tracks? I was an experienced HPDE3/4 driver prior to my 1st event with MVP, so I signed up for their HPDE 3 Advanced/Solo group and it worked out great.

If you're new to MVP and new to the road course but have some experience, e.g., HPDE2, then I would recommend riding with an instructor to learn the line, apexes, club rules/expectations, and other good information.

They usually have full run groups, so there is little opportunity to go up or down among the groups once you sign-up. Sounds like you may be going to a new track. It's all about learning; I would get an instructor. Mike

Sponsored

lil'Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane Landis
Vehicle(s)
How much HPDE experience do you have? Which clubs and tracks? I was an experienced HPDE3/4 driver prior to my 1st event with MVP, so I signed up for their HPDE 3 Advanced/Solo group and it worked out great.

If you're new to MVP and new to the road course but have some experience, e.g., HPDE2, then I would recommend riding with an instructor to learn the line, apexes, club rules/expectations, and other good information.

They usually have full run groups, so there is little opportunity to go up or down among the groups once you sign-up. Sounds like you may be going to a new track. It's all about learning; I would get an instructor. Mike
I usually run in intermediate class as I’m okay with restricted passing zones and live starting out a new track riding with an instructor. I’ll shoot for that. As far as tracks I’ve been to Heartland Park in Topeka KS, hallet in OK, gateway roval in STL and MPH in NE

Bumzo1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT PP
Next even I'm doing is with The Drivers Edge at the Motorsports Ranch - Cresson 3.1 mile course. I've ran the MSRC 1.7 and 1.3 courses before but this will be the first time I've run the combined course. I'm looking forward to some more instruction as I'm still fairly new to the sport and need a little more driver mod.

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I'm locking in Barbers soon for March 23/24.

FlaGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic PP GT
Sebring International Raceway, April 13th, Chin

Sponsored

lil'Zeus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane Landis
Vehicle(s)
Anyone doing the Mustang Club of America Heartland Motorsports Park in Topeka Kansas in July 18-21? 3 track days will be fun. I’ll be there!

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'd like to do atlanta but i think id just be in everyone's way.
You can do RA with me at Jzilla Track Days - beginner group and an instructor you won't be in anyone's way. I was passing people all day my first time with an instructor getting 1:50 times, haha.
Sponsored