Sponsored

How would you spend $100 on suspension for a stock GT?

S550 Recon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
'22 CF150
Mustang6G. Where bracing braces with multiple braces or installing braces to "cure tramlining" is highly recommended. Where installing diff bushings, vertical Links and alignment dowels are said to make a world of difference.

Yet, people make fun of someone wanting to spend $100 on the suspension, when...the single most important aftermarket upgrade is literally $90 and the conversation skips right over them. Incredible, honestly. 😂
Sponsored

OP
OP
CXRs

CXRs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT A10
Mustang6G. Where bracing braces with multiple braces or installing braces to "cure tramlining" is highly recommended. Where installing diff bushings, vertical Links and alignment dowels are said to make a world of difference.

Yet, people make fun of someone wanting to spend $100 on the suspension, when...the single most important aftermarket upgrade is literally $90 and the conversation skips right over them. Incredible, honestly. 😂
What is the part you're talking about? I'm not shying away from anything, or biasing towards only one thing. I can only swing a set amount every week for the car, and have a decent sized list of things to add. I like knowing what to change, why to change it, and how it works.

OP
OP
CXRs

CXRs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT A10
This part right here that literally EVERY performance car should have.

https://lmr.com/item/M5A460M/2015-f...gu-Lnrq3wwXGA4BKt0vYL8Tutq2hFOi0aAqIvEALw_wcB
I think that toe links were mentioned at one point. They are on my list, but I'm curious if the FRPP ones are the best option, or if there's some better aftermarket version based on poly or delrin.

-I just realized I'm a moron, and the FRPP ones are made of delrin. That takes some guesswork out of the list.

Last edited:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I didn't leave a zero out. I'm not gonna put in suspension parts now just to replace them later, I'm looking for whatever little items can be easily improved. Every car I've had before had parts that were installed for NVH purposes that could be swapped for poly/billet equivalents that made them significantly better to drive, and none of them were that expensive. I'm not putting together the track build yet, I'm looking for easy parts I can do now that won't matter if I throw them away later when I replace them, or can be left in because they're already the best they can be.
That's a guaranteed way to waste $$

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Thanks for the insight, did you have a suggestion though?
In the sub $100 range to not waste your money in other words something that would be replaced or superceded, I would buy the steeda clutch pedal spring, the steeda shifter mount, and for suspension about the only thing sub $100 is the the lower 2 point strut brace. That makes an immediate difference.

Virtually anything else you'll buy will be superseded and replaced as you change and upgrade things or swap out in the suspension. That was my point, but you knew that...

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
This part right here that literally EVERY performance car should have.

https://lmr.com/item/M5A460M/2015-f...gu-Lnrq3wwXGA4BKt0vYL8Tutq2hFOi0aAqIvEALw_wcB
They are rapidly coming to the top of my list :like:

$132 cheapest I can find them delivered for me (in the UK) ... :frown:

WD :like:
£159 plus postage from a major U.K. supplier.

Or £92.66 from Amazon :

1690488187594.jpeg

Delivered today from the USA (less than a week), with no additional fees … :sunglasses:

OP
OP
CXRs

CXRs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT A10
I have a set sitting on the shelf, along with a CB005. Just waiting on the subframe alignment pins, and I'll knock it all out at once with an alignment. I still haven't gotten around to sway bars yet, because every time I think I settle on a brand, I keep going back and forth with another brand lol

geezer stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt,base
The PP1 lower K brace and oil filter/pan cover. Not quite $100 but about $130 with all parts.
installed this part on my "base gt" along with factory strut tower brace and pp-1 wheels,ps4s tires...big difference!
Sponsored