Sponsored

How well will Mach 1's hold their value?

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Close.

If I were to order a '22, assuming the color was offered, it would be a Grabber Blue 600A HP with RSD and A10. That's Mr. Gurney to you.
I would wager that grabber blue will not be the rarest color for ‘22. But a 600A/a10/rsd car in whatever the rarest color of each year will be the least common that I’m sure of!
Sponsored

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Does rare = desirability and better future value?

A 6 speed Tremec Mach 1, in a hero colour (FJG) with Recaro's and Handling Package, may be more common and may also end up being the most sort after version of the Mach 1.
Fully speced with Rear seat delete may be the key to the above combination becoming the most sort after version.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I would wager that grabber blue will not be the rarest color for ‘22. But a 600A/a10/rsd car in whatever the rarest color of each year will be the least common that I’m sure of!
You're probably right, GB would/will be popular, but would be my pick. My other color of choice would be silver, same configuration....

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'

A 6 speed Tremec Mach 1, in a hero colour (FJG) with Recaro's and Handling Package, may be more common and may also end up being the most sort after version of the Mach 1.
Fully speced with Rear seat delete may be the key to the above combination becoming the most sort after version.
Very possible. I think collectors can be a weird bunch. Some are going to want the rarest combo from a numbers standpoint. Others will want the exclusive color for the trim. Unfortunately for the later group, they can’t have mine :wink:

You're probably right, GB would/will be popular, but would be my pick. My other color of choice would be silver, same configuration....
GB would be my pick as well. Really glad I got my ‘21 and don’t have to agonize over FJG vs GB. Although the correct answer could be get both……..

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
I thought FJG was a high number? I seem to recall a list from Zach where about half were FJG

-

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
I thought FJG was a high number? I seem to recall a list from Zach where about half were FJG

-
Yes, the highest. But it is also a model exclusive. There aren’t many race red Mach’s, But there are more race red mustangs than FJG mustangs, for example.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Your equation is close but needs tweaked:

rare + desirable = better future value.

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Not sure where the best thread to post this is but… OMG the attention this thing gets!!! It’s UNBELIEVABLE. I thought silver would be inconspicuous but no. Just took a 30 minute ride… Guy and his girlfriend slack jawed in their driveway as I’m waiting to pull out from a stop sign… two dudes in a pickup riding next to me in the fast lane ogling… 80-ish year old man on the sidewalk with a point and thumbs up. Maybe just because it’s clean. Have already had 3 buddies request a viewing at the house. This is not the way it was with the 2018 GT.

Sponsored

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Not sure where the best thread to post this is but… OMG the attention this thing gets!!! It’s UNBELIEVABLE. I thought silver would be inconspicuous but no. Just took a 30 minute ride… Guy and his girlfriend slack jawed in their driveway as I’m waiting to pull out from a stop sign… two dudes in a pickup riding next to me in the fast lane ogling… 80-ish year old man on the sidewalk with a point and thumbs up. Maybe just because it’s clean. Have already had 3 buddies request a viewing at the house. This is not the way it was with the 2018 GT.
Ain't it great!

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
It's weird, some days I get slack jaws, some days a thumbs up, some days nothing.

I also drive in an area where I see Ferraris, lambos and P1s everytime I drive.

Maldelver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
well, the very premise of your thread and the dozen+ like it would suggest people mistake cars for "investments' and not 'durable consumer goods'.
Something I find funny is people mistaking “investment” and “holding value” as having the same definition lol.

Btw if your “investment” is merely “holding its value” you should fire your financial advisor 😂

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Something I find funny is people mistaking “investment” and “holding value” as having the same definition lol.

Btw if your “investment” is merely “holding its value” you should fire your financial advisor 😂
New cars are not an investment unless it is low production and you park it. BUT, I was looking on cars.com and in CA used Mach 1's with under 10K miles are listed for MSRP. All of the new M1's are $5K over MSRP, as well as few and far between.

So, in the short term, if you wanted to sell right away, after the new car smell goes away. You might get most of your money back, if you didn't get scalped by ADM.
Sponsored