Sponsored

How was I able to pay off my Bullitt in a year!

OP
OP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt - Magneride and electronic package.
I didn't watch the video, but I paid off my Bullitt in 2 weeks, so I win :devil:. J/K. I did, but was going to pay cash for it, and dealer made me finance $5K to get a $1,250 rebate. Won't do it ever again though; it was a mess, and just got the title after 4 months.

I also grew up with nothing, and learned nothing is yours unless fully paid for, so that's what I've done all my life. It was hard initially, with everybody around enjoying financed new houses and cars, while we were driving old clunkers and living in a small apartment... but it was well worth the sacrifice, having all of that and zero debt a decade later:). With all the uncertainty, young folks should be doing just that now.
Well done!! I have never ran the numbers but do you think financing and paying it off a later was worth it? Except the time wasted ($$) did it actually save $1,250? Or was it a wash and the dealer made some money on the back end getting you to finance?
I agree, I am not older or anything but even out of college young adults are already slave to a lender. Add cars, mortgages, phones and it all adds up.
Sponsored

Justin’s5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hey man, love the video and I just subscribed to your channel.

I have a YouTube channel myself and looking to grow it!
The name is: @liftwithsahaj

would love if you could support the Channel. Thank you

Dabitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
God forbid you total it, insurance will only pay market value. SMH.

OP
OP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God forbid you total it, insurance will only pay market value. SMH.
Not sure what the point of that statement is? You have a lean on it, you total it, insurance will also pay you market value......SMH

Reactions: R5L

308 Cal. Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 + other 2/4/& 6 wheeled trash barges
Good for you!
Tons of people work EXTREMELY HARD EVERY DAY in this country.
Its not a secret. Its a lifestyle.
Many of us grew up with no education. No college. No wealth in the family.
Yet did ok.
Its not that difficult. Its just WORK HARD.
HALF DAYS FOR US ARE 12 HRS.
4000+Hr's a yr for 20+yrs of our lives got us the things we wanted.
Including a Bullitt.

You have done well it sounds like. What you CANNOT DO IS INSTILL WORK ETHIC OR PASSION INTO PEOPLE OR EMPLOYEES.
As a business owners for decades. You cannot get people to "learn" or "build passion thru speaking or telling your success stories.
It just doesnt work.

They either have the desire to WORK hard or they DO NOT.

ok..maybe 1 in a thousand can watch a motivation video & suddenly have a change of "lifestyle"..

Im not knocking you for the video of how hard you had it growing up. Hell. We all most likely did.
We all worked muti jobs. Well. Any of us who have anything.

Its better to give advice when people ask it seems. Nobody seems to want ro be told how to help themselves. They just get jealous and anger erupts from inside & they rag on your successful accomplishments.

I commend you for trying to motivate people as you motivated yourself.

Speaking from 35+yrs experience. Its nearly impossible to motivate people who are adults and are not already motivated.

The people who have it have it.
Those who do not are beyond "Difficult " to reach using words.

What works best is them getting themselves into a real jam. Like no place to live & no food to eat. Then they either hold up a cardboard sign all day or get off there Arse and get too it & make things happen.

& yes. Many of us invein stocks & other things. Again. No secret or magic.
The magic is getting people to WANT TO HELP THEMSELVES JUST BY WATCHING SOMEONE SPEAK OF THERE OWN HARDSHIPS.

It is well beyond difficult to motivate people who are not already motivated to help themselves.

People pay guys like Anthony Robin's thousand and thousands of dollars to do EXACTLY WHAT THEY CAN DO FOR THEMSELVES.
THEY think its easier to find PASSION in a weekend Seminar than to just grunt it out everyday for 18hrs.

Sundays you work a half day of 12 hrs.
Church is important to many of us. Yet we often neglect our responsibilities to our higher power which you can only do so long before it catches up to you.

Enjoy your debt free car. I know we enjoy our debt free toys as well. They came at a huge cost. Missed many events & gathering of friends and family because we worked.

Went 7.5 yrs without going on a date.
So your preaching to someone who already knows what hard work is.

Now...If you can just reach those who need the tutorials of how to get what you want in life. That is a bigger mystery than most any this earth hides in the open for all too see.

Yet few can... & do.. actually see it.
( what hard work can provide) .

Its really important to ALSO QUANTIFY that hard work requires a "price to be paid" FOR HAVING TAKEN THAT ROAD .

If you feel you Paid no Price..( like your family suffering thru not having you around) then you likely still do not know what hard work is.

Whether it be w/relationships...health...or several other things that are the prices we pay to gather material wealth and items

You must also ask yourself if its worth it?
We soent our tens of thousands of hours gathering knowledge. Not so much wealth.

To us the knowledge was much more important to me than wealth or oaid off cars and oaid off homes.

Yeah. We got both from hard work. But make no mistake.
You oaid a price for it all ..
& we do not mean in the form of money.

Congratulations on your huge success!
Hopefully you inspired someone who otherwise would not have been.

Its Probably worth it (videos like this)
if you just TRUELY REACH EVEN 1 person.

Over decades we could hardly motivate several of our co-workers & employees to "want more" than stuff video games and weekend booze ..& weed. Sont get me wrong. These are good people for the most part.. just no real ambitious in life.

The American Indians would be said to have no Ambitious nature if you looked at there accumulated wealth. Yet most would say they lived a wonderful and peaceful existence fir the most part before the white man & settlers came along.

Maybe they
( the people with little ambitious nature)
are just smarter than US Dumb guys..???

Who work our Arse's off for 35+yrs &ARE STILL DOING IT.

I TAKE THE HARD WORK ROAD MYSELF ANY DAY.
TO EA HIS OWN.

What i hav learned very well is you cannot motivate people without ambitious nature.

Although Anthony Robin's became a muti millionaire trying to help people find ambitiion & motivation in tgere otherwise seemly not productive lives.

Nuff said

Sponsored

OP
OP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
308 well said as it all comes down to motivation. What do you want to do with your life? Where do you want to be at? How do you get there? Not only setting up goals helps you, it can give you motivation but in the end its all about what you are doing and how you are getting there.

OP
OP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
7.5 years without a date? That's not a life worth living.
There is a trick to that one. You have to spend some right away so they move in and cover half your mortgage/rent. Talk about savings!

OP
OP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now that's funny right there. Maybe you should do stand-up instead of rambling "car" videos.
No I am terrible. Its just the basic principal of investments. Put some extra money in now and get more later :D.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Congrats.

I recently paid off my '19 F-150, and I am gunning for being 100% debt free by my 52nd birthday next spring, including my properties. Then the car fun can really begin, assuming life doesn't cornhole me somehow.

OP
OP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats.

I recently paid off my '19 F-150, and I am gunning for being 100% debt free by my 52nd birthday next spring, including my properties. Then the car fun can really begin, assuming life doesn't cornhole me somehow.

That is awesome. Something I can look up to as I want to have a debt free property at a point of my life. Well done sir!

Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
For me it was in 3 months. Made my first payment to ensure the connection between FMC and my bank worked, then the bulk of it in month 2 and then the small final amount. Thank you Elon Musk ;-) I bought a bunch of Tesla when it was $350-300 a share, and shifted my car savings fund into the stock before it skyrocketed. Sold enough to pay off at $2200 a share, and thankfully before it dropped after the split.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
If you had a 1.9% loan on a $50K car, the best thing to do would be to let the bank hold that for the 5 or 6 years it takes you to pay it off, and then take the $50K you got lying around and invest it it S&P 500 ETF, which makes 10% per year average, historically.

But what do I know?

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
If you had a 1.9% loan on a $50K car, the best thing to do would be to let the bank hold that for the 5 or 6 years it takes you to pay it off, and then take the $50K you got lying around and invest it it S&P 500 ETF, which makes 10% per year average, historically.

But what do I know?
Not sure what you do or dont know, my TSP & IRA's are returning 20-25%, and I dumped $11K into Tesla Stock over the last 2 years just cashed $45K out, still have 20K worth. Happy to have the car paid off. No bills. I'm gonna be retired next year or two.

OP
OP

Rev'n Step

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

But what do I know?
Yes sure. The problem is you are not factoring risk in the calculation. What will make you wealthy in the long term? Having a car loan and investing or paying off your car loan freeing up extra cash to invest a month?

What happens if we follow your strategy? Lets say in 2 years you have 30k loan remaining @ 1.9% because you make your regular payments. You invest the 50k in the S&P 500 ETF at the current price. Year one, great you made 10% return, year two it drops 30%. The economy tanks. You end up losing your job and your 50k investment is worth 20% less while you still have that 1.9% car loan of 30k. Companies start declaring bankruptcy and you lose more investments because of it. I know this is hypothetical but you always have to factor risk in your investments.
Not having a car loan frees up extra capital to invest and protects you from downturns. Overall not having debt. We have been blessed with the longest bull market and we have forgotten what happened in 2008. We saw in march that the market can turn in just a few days.

In the end it comes down to apatite of risk. I am more conservative while others are willing to gamble.

Dabitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Not sure what the point of that statement is? You have a lean on it, you total it, insurance will also pay you market value......SMH
Have you ever heard of GAP insurance? Must have on any car loan.
Sponsored