Sponsored

How-to vids on totally removing the dash (not just covers) to get at A/C?

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
After getting off the phone with Ford, I'd like to be able to pull out the dash enough to access the A/C system. Seems like taking the covers (where the vents are located) is not sufficient. I tried looking on youtube and can't find anything for our generation of Stangs.

Does anyone know of a how-to vid to completely removing the dash?

Anything to be aware of that might make it worth the $160 to have Ford diagnose and then $1k-$2k to have them do the rapair?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Rod Schneider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
Your best bet would be to obtain a copy of the factory shop manual. It has excellent step by step instructions on removing the dash and climate control housing. It is a big job, but not really that difficult if you go step by step. I did mine (2016 Ecoboost) about a year and a half ago. The entire dash assembly has to completely come out of the car to do the job. I did mine over the span of two days, working by myself....

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
What you are seeking is in this main thread which is stickier synths too if this forum:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/a-c-evaporator-factory-defect.62682/

I don't recall the exact page it's on, but M6G members have ousted the dash R&R, plus some have even documented it with pics.

Reading your other thread - your A/C issue sounds like the common EVAP failure as discussed in that above EVAP thread. If you call Ford, they will assist with the repair by discounting it since it is a very well known issue. Others have also mentioned it in the above thread.
Sponsored