How to verify recall on tank heat cover was done

Trappen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium
So, I picked up my mustang finally after moving back from Japan. Got it on the 31st of December. It is a returned lease and had a recall work order that looked to be completed in the binder. It however also stated that they replaced a broken driver visor mirror, which when I looked at again was still broken. They are having me come in to service to get the mirror replaced, however I am now concerned if they really did the recall work as well.

Is there any way I can visually verify that it was done on the car?
Sponsored

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
I would just have (another) dealer verify it.

edited because [MENTION=13783]ronv95[/MENTION] has his man panties in a wad.

Last edited:

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I would just have the dealer verify it.
How does that help him visually verify? He obvious doesn't trust the dealer from previous work not completed...

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Dealers will replace the current fuel tank shield with a shield with better insulating capability, install thermal patches on the fuel tank and parking brake cable, and install thermal wraps on the fuel vapor lines.

OP
OP
Trappen

Trappen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium
Thanks, well it is back at the dealer now having Due Bill work done to it, They are going to call me when they put it on the lift to verify.

Sponsored

Falconetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How does that help him visually verify? He obvious doesn't trust the dealer from previous work not completed...
Check with another dealer and by doing so effectively discover how to think outside of the box.

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
He makes no mention of another dealer nor did you in your useless reply. Checking with another dealer is not "thinking outside of the box" by the way.

Falconetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He makes no mention of another dealer nor did you in your useless reply. Checking with another dealer is not "thinking outside of the box" by the way.
one useless response deserves another, And I do see that he made no mention of another dealer, however in my sporadic bought of blindness and stupidity i obviously considered that there may be another ford dealer to visit. So how important is it to verify? I doubt one could coach him to verify a mechanical change over a forum, if the dealer is far enough away that it might not be worth going it is up to him. Also Ill ad that since your post was a dead end suggesting another dealer was outside of the box...well, yours anyway...

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
one useless response deserves another, And I do see that he made no mention of another dealer, however in my sporadic bought of blindness and stupidity i obviously considered that there may be another ford dealer to visit. So how important is it to verify? I doubt one could coach him to verify a mechanical change over a forum, if the dealer is far enough away that it might not be worth going it is up to him. Also Ill ad that since your post was a dead end suggesting another dealer was outside of the box...well, yours anyway...
Your solution is not thinking out of the box, there is nothing creative or unconventional about taking the car to another dealer. The guy asked how he could visually verify the work was done and you replied take it to a dealer. Telling someone to take their car to the same dealer that lied to them before makes no sense. You can continue to argue all you want.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
what's the liability if a dealership signs a piece of paper saying they performed safety related warranty / recall work but didn't really do it?

Sponsored

Falconetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
what's the liability if a dealership signs a piece of paper saying they performed safety related warranty / recall work but didn't really do it?
Seems like fraud, I assume they would certainly bill for it. If it was billable to ford that is.

Falconetti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your solution is not thinking out of the box, there is nothing creative or unconventional about taking the car to another dealer. The guy asked how he could visually verify the work was done and you replied take it to a dealer. Telling someone to take their car to the same dealer that lied to them before makes no sense. You can continue to argue all you want.
I made a simple suggestion, op can disregard if he likes as it was simple and made no intent to be negative or un helpful, you for some reason attack my post and continue to when you offered NOTHING at all only that you thought I was wrong. No its not thinking outside of the box, perhaps it is a paper bag you are stuck in.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
too soon to say fraud. All we know is dealer slopped the mirror repair. Maybe OP could haul his car back to the dealership, have them put the car on a lift to do an inspection, and then sign another piece of paper affirming that it has in fact been fixed. Or get that done at a second dealership. Either way, its a nuisance. Not sure what I would do.

OP
OP
Trappen

Trappen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium
It is at the dealer for verification and other work, will update later with what I find out. They are supposed to call me so I can visually inspect as well.

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Good to hear
Sponsored