HOW TO: Swap PP gauges into standard model

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost, Rapid Red Premium
I believe they all should have my color available as part of the illumination functions.

BD
Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Do I need to enable boost with forscan to get boost gauge to work?
Does the procharger use a ford map sensor to read vacuum/boost, if so then you will need a dealer to enable the PCM to read the boost or if you may be able to get PBD to go in with the HP tuners VCM editor and enable the boost signal readout in PCM.

Forscan cannot alter PCM data.

Thats all I know for sure, but there may be other ways to enable the function.

BD

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic, 2011 Nissan quest
Hi Guys
I am still reading through this thread but has anyone done this on their EcoBoost?
Do i need an oil pressure sending unit? I have already done the 8 inch screen upgrade
Thanks

Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hi Guys
I am still reading through this thread but has anyone done this on their EcoBoost?
Do i need an oil pressure sending unit? I have already done the 8 inch screen upgrade
Thanks
I believe your 2017 eco should already have a pressure sensor not a switch since doesn't it show an oil pressure reading of "low/normal/high" in the center of the cluster. If so, it most likely would be a plug and play install but not 100% sure. The vac/boost gauge should for sure be a plug and play.

If you can check the wire connector at switch/sensor at oil filter mount to see if it has 1 wire or 3 wires will tell you if it's a switch or sensor. switch = 1 wire, sensor = 3 wires.

BD

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe your 2017 eco should already have a pressure sensor not a switch since doesn't it show an oil pressure reading of "low/normal/high" in the center of the cluster. If so, it most likely would be a plug and play install but not 100% sure. The vac/boost gauge should for sure be a plug and play.

If you can check the wire connector at switch/sensor at oil filter mount to see if it has 1 wire or 3 wires will tell you if it's a switch or sensor. switch = 1 wire, sensor = 3 wires.

BD

I have a base eco. I have upgraded to the digital dash and the 8 inch screen.
I want to try this so i am still reading through it. I appreciate your response. I don't recall if I had the oil pressure gauge on the dash or not.
Will have to check and get back to you
Thanks

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I have a base eco. I have upgraded to the digital dash and the 8 inch screen.
I want to try this so i am still reading through it. I appreciate your response. I don't recall if I had the oil pressure gauge on the dash or not.
Will have to check and get back to you
Thanks
On your factory analog dash, you should have been able to bring up a readout in the center that showed the 3 pressures referenced in above post of low, normal, high which would require a sensor for that to be possible. If it did not have that option, then it is likely a switch.

My buddies 2017 with analog dash has the option to show the 3 pressure readouts. My 2020 digital has no oil pressure indication at all, not even an idiot light that comes on at key on engine off and unsure if it will come on at pressure loss. There is an idiot light in the cluster that will come on in the engineering test but that's the only time I have ever seen it.

BD

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On your factory analog dash, you should have been able to bring up a readout in the center that showed the 3 pressures referenced in above post of low, normal, high which would require a sensor for that to be possible. If it did not have that option, then it is likely a switch.

My buddies 2017 with analog dash has the option to show the 3 pressure readouts. My 2020 digital has no oil pressure indication at all, not even an idiot light that comes on at key on engine off and unsure if it will come on at pressure loss. There is an idiot light in the cluster that will come on in the engineering test but that's the only time I have ever seen it.

BD
I seem to remember those gauges. I'll get things ready and will report back on what I find.
Thanks

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone have the part numbers on the screws that hold the gauge in? I am allocating the parts to do this upgrade.
Thanks

Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

Blade007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if part number 7 or 3 is the correct screw but it's a start to give a dealer to confirm.

I just took one of my screws out of the dash panel I have, and it is the part number 7 in the below diagram. It is a T20 torx head screw that is 12mm long and 4mm in diameter.

W507122-S424

https://parts.levittownfordparts.co...-3l-l4-gas/electrical--instruments-and-gauges

BD
Thanks, @Buldawg76 . I saw these but wasn't sure. I'll call the dealer tomorrow.
Much appreciated

Kitzur

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nico
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost US
Now i bought the complete dash, the 4 PIN wire to connect the gauge, a oil sensor (had the switch) and the WPT-1066 for the new sensor.

My question ist (i read all sites from this topic): How to connect the 3 oil sensor wires to the PCM? Any chance that anybody have a wiring diagram?

I have a 2015 Mustang EB with Sync 2, oil switch and no gauge wire.

Hamsterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herman
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
A big shout out to all the pioneers of this job I have an Aussie spec Bullitt so needed to alter dash add wiring to the apim add oil sensor and wire into the pcm Had tune done this morning and all works Note each model and motor have different wire diagrams at the pcm

44E49BCB-D310-4E73-BE70-8A0D1E7BA271.jpeg

Last edited:

Cashley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen2
Is it necessary to use a performance pack oil pressure sender?
Sponsored