Hamsterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herman
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hi John,

I'm from Melbourne and doing the same modification, you will need ...

Wire Assemblywpt10661$30.79Shipped6797689113
Oil Pressure Sending Unitcm5z9d290b1$23.01Shipped6797689113

These were purchased from Tasca Parts in the USA.
It is a hassle of a job putting the wire to the PCM connector though.

Good Luck,
Matt
Hello Matt
Have you fitted that pressure unit yet ? On several sites it says it's not
compatible with the 5.0 coyote
Cheers Herman
Sponsored

swinetune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79.85.86.88 Pontiac Transam, 2011 SV6
Hello Matt
Have you fitted that pressure unit yet ? On several sites it says it's not
compatible with the 5.0 coyote
Cheers Herman
Hi Herman, It says it is compatible on Tasca Parts site.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
On my 17 GT Premium I installed GT350 gauges and the oil temp works but not the oil pressure. Have to take it to Galpin Auto Sports in SFV to have them unlock the gauge,

Hamsterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herman
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hi Herman, It says it is compatible on Tasca Parts site.
Hello Matt
After a little bit of digging it seems as though Ford have changed the sender and
wiring plug post 2017 models Surely the thread would still be the same

Sponsored

sermonscj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium
Well guys I did it....

Swapping PP or OEM aux gauges into a standard non performance package mustang is indeed possible. Panels with gauges can be found on ebay for usually $250-350. You will also need a gauge wiring connector.

Once you have gathered all parts you can start the install process. The wiring consists of 4 wires, all of which can be tapped into from the OEM APIM (sync) connector. 2 are power, positive can be tapped into from pin 1 on the APIM connector while ground can be pin 37( for premium owners) or pin 38 (for base model owners). The remaining 2 leads are for HS1 CAN. These can be tapped into from pin 53 for high (pin 53 APIM to pin 2 on connector) and pin 54 for low (pin 54 APIM to pin 3 on connector)

Once the wiring is completed we now need to make room for the gauges in the center of the dash. This will require the use of a Dremel to remove the center panel between the two outermost ac vents. You will also need to trim the center AC vent back about 1 inch to make room for the connector. A picture below has more detailed information. Again do not worry, this will not prevent you from still using standard 3 vent dash panels.

NOTE: Oil pressure gauge will not work on V6 base models. PCM programming and a new sending unit would be required. Unfortunately the PCM cannot be easily programmed and no data exits on what would have to be modified in the programming. GT owners and EB owners can activate the oil pressure gauge by simply getting a tune update to include the aux gauges.

Gauge connector part number: 6U2Z-14S411-JB

For those looking for the GT350 Oil Temp gauge, part numbers below.

GT350 Gauges part number: FR3V-10B944-AC

GT350 Dash trim panel part number: FR3V-63044A92-AJSMRJ
connector.jpg
gauges.jpg

Yan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Did this install on a friends ecoboost,

It is a 2017 ecoboost, cloth seats, base rear bumper with reverse parking sensors.

Not a common configuration, it had the plug there.

20210626_170025.jpg

20210626_170030.jpg

20210626_165908.jpg

20210626_165906.jpg

Jroy333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
just to bump this thread again, I gave up on the tuning because it's a PITA and I am wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of which wires to pick up power from. I installed custom gauges instead of the Ford PP gauges as the same as one member in this thread did. I am wondering what a good source would be to pick up power for keep the gauges on and having them turn on with ignition.

Sharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sharon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang ecoboost Premium
Looks like my theory is correct!! I can find part numbers for two different oil pressure sending units. One reads "less performance pack" and the other "with performance pack". :thumbsup: Best part about it is that the unit is only $30!
Do u have a video of this.

Sponsored

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Researching the install into a 2020 401A GT Premium Manual. Based on reading multiple threads my understanding is thatbthe GTPP guages are a direct plug and play with zero additional requirements.
Has anyone installed a set of GT350 gauges into an 18+ GT and had the Oil Pressure and Oil Temp function without any additional work, meaning is the GT350 plug and play as well in a 2018+ GT?

Thanks!!!!

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
I was going to do this swap on my 2017 convertible. But then decided it was easier to just replace the car with one with the performance package LOL

After moving back to Michigan from North Carolina I decided that a convertible wasn't a practical car here (after owning 6 of them over the years living in Michigan) and it was time to get a coupe. Found this 2019 in July with only 7,000 miles on it and they made a great offer on a trade for my convertible. Almost went with a 2021 with the HPP EcoBoost, but didn't like the color.

Down south I found that I could drop the top every month of the year, but in Michigan there are only a couple of months where top down works. I missed it a couple of times in August and September when it was warm and I thought "I should stop and drop the top".

GT_MTL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yves
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium - 2018 F-150 XLT

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
If my car did not have the factory installed 2 gauge set above the center stack, I don't think I'd install the oem part.
I'd install aftermarket gauges that are not a shared board but separate and use the angle trim rings to aim the gauge faces at the driver. Why Ford did not do this is :facepalm: When they designed the 2 gauge set .
Just something to think about. If you are adding the gauges and like to be able to look at them fast while driving. If adding just for looks. have at it.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Last edited: