Sponsored

HOW TO: Swap PP gauges into standard model

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
All you people with LHD are very lucky, as for us with RHD it is not possible to do due to no trim available.:brokenheart::(:tsk:
Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I have a PP but thanks for doing that for people wanting to add the gauges. It doesn't make sense to me to do the mod if you don't have a working oil pressure gauge. I mean that would basically be trading an A/C vent for a vacuum gauge!

But I would like to replace the vacuum gauge in my GT PP with an oil temp gauge. You mention the part number but does this thread say what you have to do to make the oil temp gauge work in a GT PP?
The oil temp gauge assembly is a plug and play swap for any GT PP owner!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The oil temp gauge assembly is a plug and play swap for any GT PP owner!
I don't understand how it can be plug and play. I assume presently there is a connector from an oil pressure sensor and from a vacuum sensor plugged into my GT PP gauges. I don't understand how plugging the vacuum sensor wires into the new oil temperature gauge will work. Or are you saying there is just one plug and it has all possible gauge data going thru it and the gauges just take theirs and ignore the rest?

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Yeah it's a can bus connector (or sort of)

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I don't understand how it can be plug and play. I assume presently there is a connector from an oil pressure sensor and from a vacuum sensor plugged into my GT PP gauges. I don't understand how plugging the vacuum sensor wires into the new oil temperature gauge will work. Or are you saying there is just one plug and it has all possible gauge data going thru it and the gauges just take theirs and ignore the rest?
That is exactly how it works. The gauge cluster is connected to the car via the CAN BUS network. Think of it like this... The pressure/temperature sensors are emitting signals based on what they are reading, these signals are then being sent to a computer (PCM) which then converts these signals to digital readings/data. This data is then transmitted over a local network (CAN BUS) for any device to use. All the gauges in the vehicle use CAN BUS and listen to the network for the specific data they are programmed to listen for (speed, tach, coolant temp, etc) So the connector and wiring does not have to change in order to get different gauges. That gauge assembly must simply be programmed to listen for the (oil temp) data on the CAN BUS network (assuming that data exists on the network).

That is also why us non pp owners need to wire in a new oil pressure sender. That data for oil pressure does not exist on the network so while the gauge is programmed to read that data, that data does not exist. Non PP cars have a standard basic oil pressure switch that is just ON/OFF based on if there is pressure or not.

Sponsored

Twenty15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium | DIB
I have read the entire thread. Where do I get a gauge cluster with oil temp and pressure. This part number is not coming up anywhere. FR3V-10B944-AC

I have a GTPP

Thanks

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I have read the entire thread. Where do I get a gauge cluster with oil temp and pressure. This part number is not coming up anywhere. FR3V-10B944-AC

I have a GTPP

Thanks
Your best bet is eBay.... That part number that came with my gauge cluster is either a pre production number or a part that ford does not directly sell (since it is SVT).

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
For those looking for the GT350 Oil Temp gauge, part numbers below.

GT350 Gauges part number: FR3V-10B944-AC
I'm also not able to find that part in any search of the internet or various Ford dealer parts departments or ebay.

Also not sure if there is a part number for the individual gauges as I only need the oil temperature gauge since the car already has an oil pressure gauge or maybe that is the part number for just the one gauge.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I'm not able to find that part in any search of the internet or various Ford dealer parts departments.

Also not sure if there is a part number for the individual gauges as I only need the oil temperature gauge since the car already has an oil pressure gauge or maybe that is the part number for just the one gauge.
The two gauges are one assembly and not separate so it is not possible to swap just one gauge. You will be swapping the entire unit for the GT350 cluster. It seems as though this part number (even though it was printed on the back of my cluster) is either not valid or ford is just not selling this gauge cluster to the public.

Twenty15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium | DIB
The two gauges are one assembly and not separate so it is not possible to swap just one gauge. You will be swapping the entire unit for the GT350 cluster. It seems as though this part number (even though it was printed on the back of my cluster) is either not valid or ford is just not selling this gauge cluster to the public.
If someone finds a source, let us know.

Sponsored

Rjdamato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rj
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT
Just a little confusion. 53 and 54 has 2 wires per pin. Do I tap into both or just one?

Rjdamato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rj
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT
Just finishes the install tonight. Looks awesome!

Snagged a 4 piece 50th anniversary dash, with ceramic cloth it looks great.
14495415_10155384296764552_3153956297470255699_n.jpg
14449958_10155397764479552_3565543401710348112_n.jpg

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Where have you found the 50th anniversary dash? It seems similar to our EU brushed aluminium version!

01saleencobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 saleen cobra 2016 mustang gt
just so we don't get the base people models hopes up ( like me sadly ) this can be done. BUT the oil pressure gauge will NEVER work. it will light up and thats about it. i tried to this as well and sadly the 3pin for the new oil pressure sensor does not have a wire it can be tapped too. All diagrams listed above are for Performance pack models only. So the base model Gt cannot have the oil pressure gauge. It can however have the right side of the gauges.
Sponsored