How to Retain Handling Without Front Sway Bar

QBailey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Quinton
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Installing a procharger stage 2 kit with crank support on my 17 GT, sway bar has to go. What can be done to maintain decent handling characteristics? This is a performance pack car so it does handle decently and I hate that the sway bar is coming out, hoping there is a potential remedy.
Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Installing a procharger stage 2 kit with crank support on my 17 GT, sway bar has to go. What can be done to maintain decent handling characteristics? This is a performance pack car so it does handle decently and I hate that the sway bar is coming out, hoping there is a potential remedy.
Eeemmm, whaat? šŸ˜Ø are you sure you're not talking about strut tower brace?

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
So heā€™s definitely talking about strut tower braceā€¦ that being said, g-track k member brace and the rear strut tower brace with the little extension piece prollyā€¦

Sponsored

OP
OP
QBailey

QBailey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Quinton
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So heā€™s definitely talking about strut tower braceā€¦ that being said, g-track k member brace and the rear strut tower brace with the little extension piece prollyā€¦

Nope, definitely talking about the sway bar.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
That be a deal breaker for me, Fine for a car that only does drag racing. but anything else, no way I'd remove the front antiroll bar. Sorry, I'd be returning it, and getting a screw rotor blower.

OP
OP
QBailey

QBailey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Quinton
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Iā€™ve seen whipples break crank snouts off too. Some of us are out here making big boy horsepower numbers.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
That be a deal breaker for me, Fine for a car that only does drag racing. but anything else, no way I'd remove the front antiroll bar. Sorry, I'd be returning it, and getting a screw rotor blower.
+1 Iā€™d pass on this option if your car is going to see any street use.

INSTALLATION IS A PIECE OF CAKE!
It does require you run an Innovatorā€™s West or ATI damper and it also requires an 8- or 10-rib Stage 2 drive system. The crank support clears all stock accessories but it doesnā€™t clear the stock swaybarā€”if youā€™re running skinny front drag tires, you donā€™t need the sway bar anyway. The brackets and Bolt locators are all doweled, so once installed the ProCharger crank snout upgrade solidly holds your crankshaft in place and eliminates the movement that can cause breakage.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Nope, definitely talking about the sway bar.
Pffff sorry man, I didnā€™t even read what type of supercharger you were installing. Everyone complains about losing the strut tower brace when installing a super charger. I didnā€™t even know you lost the sway bar with the pro charger setup.

Sponsored
OP
OP
QBailey

QBailey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Quinton
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
+1 Iā€™d pass on this option if your car is going to see any street use.
Thatā€™s not an option. I was hoping someone with some actual suspension knowledge would offer a solution on how to set up a car without a sway bar, or possibly know where I could get a custom sway bar bent for this application.

OP
OP
QBailey

QBailey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Quinton
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Pffff sorry man, I didnā€™t even read what type of supercharger you were installing. Everyone complains about losing the strut tower brace when installing a super charger. I didnā€™t even know you lost the sway bar with the pro charger setup.
No Worries, you donā€™t necessarily have to lose the sway bar with a stage 2 procharger kit, itā€™s just the addition of the crank support that causes this issue. If This were a non F series blower I probably would just send it without the crank support.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Thatā€™s not an option. I was hoping someone with some actual suspension knowledge would offer a solution on how to set up a car without a sway bar, or possibly know where I could get a custom sway bar bent for this application.
There is no way to make a car handle in turns without a front sway bar. Period.
As for a custom made. Iā€™m sure itā€™s possible but quite expensive
Contact people like Steeda and see if they are willing to help

Dana Pants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Iā€™ve autocrossed a ZL1 1LE camaro without swaybars and the consensus of the owner is that itā€™s actually better with both swaybars disconnected because the car is so stiff. I didnā€™t notice anything particularly ā€œwrongā€ with disconnected swaybars. So if you remove front swaybar, add the stiffest front springs you can find and move on with life.

OP
OP
QBailey

QBailey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Quinton
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
There is no way to make a car handle in turns without a front sway bar. Period.
As for a custom made. Iā€™m sure itā€™s possible but quite expensive
Contact people like Steeda and see if they are willing to help
Price isnā€™t an issue at this point. šŸ˜‚ Just need to find someone willing to make me one.

Iā€™ve autocrossed a ZL1 1LE camaro without swaybars and the consensus of the owner is that itā€™s actually better with both swaybars disconnected because the car is so stiff. I didnā€™t notice anything particularly ā€œwrongā€ with disconnected swaybars. So if you remove front swaybar, add the stiffest front springs you can find and move on with life.
That also crossed my mind as a solution. The car will be getting coilovers soon.
Sponsored