Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
My car has quite a lot of clear film and full ceramic coated. So it is easy to clean either for street or track. And great protection for both too.

I left it out in a brief rain shower, wiped off all the track grime, then followed that up with waterless wash. Wheels also were cleaned with waterless wash.

20210610_185731.jpg
Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
+1 for ceramic coating, all the rubber marks on car came off with no effort and just using glass cleaner.

Gearz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
For rubber and cone marks I've found that Griots bug and tar remover will practically dissolve them. Great on bugs also.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
A curry comb works for cleaning the tires. In particular, when you have rocks and pebbles imbedded in the rubber (very common with soft slicks).

For just rubber pickup, I usually don't worry about it. Just do a little scrubbing on the warm up lap.

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
A curry comb works for cleaning the tires. In particular, when you have rocks and pebbles imbedded in the rubber (very common with soft slicks).

For just rubber pickup, I usually don't worry about it. Just do a little scrubbing on the warm up lap.
My driveway is 300 yards long and gravel. I pulled the PS4S tires off the car for the first time a few days ago and was incredibly surprised to see multiple small sharp stones embedded/impelled into the tire tread. Has never happened with my other vehicles (they don't have soft rubber). I have a shop throwing Eagle F1 Supercar 3's on track wheels right now, and I'm a tad scared to drive them up/down my driveway since they are a 100 treadwear and the PS4S is a 300 treadwear. 😣

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yes I had a Lotus 7 clone at one point with pure slicks. And raced a few places without a fully paved paddock. After driving back to my parking spot, the tires would pick up so many rocks and pebbles you could hardly see the rubber "tread". Even paved paddocks and access roads often are fairly dirty, and those sticky tires would pick up a lot of junk.

The curry comb worked well to scrape most of them off in the grid before I went on track.
Sponsored