How to "Pay Cash" when you have to fly

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
If you are absolutely sure you are going to be happy with the car, wire the money. Very easy. They get paid within a few hours. I have done it with at least 15 cars and tractors.
Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Maybe it's just me, but I would not carry that much cash for any reason...there several other options discussed here. It's not just the govment that wants your cash.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Well, the last 4 cars I bought were with personal checks from out-of-state banks (although I lived in the same state as the dealership for 3 of those 4 and the 4th was the next state over), and no one raised an eyebrow.

Past that, get a cashier's check and have it made out (or fill out yourself) with the name of the dealership. If you lose it or it gets stolen (by the government or anyone else), call your bank and tell them it has been stolen and to refuse payment (yes, you can do this with a cashier's check). If you get there and there's an issue with the car, don't give the check to the dealer and return it to the bank for a refund when you get back home.

You will then be dealing with the hassle of not having the money available to purchase the car, but at least you're not out the cash at that point.
Sponsored

Last edited: