Sponsored

How to open the decklid with a dead battery?

Raisin

50 year owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT premium coupe and 1965 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
How can the decklid (trunk lid) be opened when the battery is dead? Page 59 of the owners manual states "If the power decklid release does not operate because of a discharged battery, pull the rear seat left-hand side seatback aside, insert the mechanical key blade into the key slot and turn the key to release the dicklid latch.". I can't find anyplace to insert a key, can anyone else? See the image below.
Decklid.jpg
Sponsored

CompOrangeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Don't quote me on this, but the key hole is only on the convertible models. On the fastback models you have to fold down the rear seat and crawl through and pull the safety handle on the trunk lid. HTH :)

CompOrangeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
How can the decklid (trunk lid) be opened when the battery is dead? Page 59 of the owners manual states "If the power decklid release does not operate because of a discharged battery, pull the rear seat left-hand side seatback aside, insert the mechanical key blade into the key slot and turn the key to release the dicklid latch.". I can't find anyplace to insert a key, can anyone else? See the image below.
Also, LOL. :ford:

OP
OP
Raisin

Raisin

50 year owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That makes sense guys since there would be no access to the trunk with the top down. Too bad they didn't include that feature on the fastbacks. Thank you.

CompOrangeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That makes sense guys since there would be no access to the trunk with the top down. Too bad they didn't include that feature on the fastbacks. Thank you.
I remember reading about it and was a little disappointed also, but I think I can count on one hand how many times I have ever had to do that so no big deal :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Raisin

Raisin

50 year owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I remember reading about it and was a little disappointed also, but I think I can count on one hand how many times I have ever had to do that so no big deal :)
I agree with you CompOrangeGT, I have never had to do that. But then I have never owned a car that didn't a key access to the trunk either.

1stWorldMustang

1st 2015 mustang Tennesse
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Jenkins
Vehicle(s)
2015. V6. 3.55 LTD 051A. received Oct. 8, 2014
wow. trunk physical unlock answered

Thanks guys. I looked for 30 minutes oneday for that so called physical key unlock behind the rear seats. Lol.

JJR512

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang 50 Years LE #1523
Did anyone notice that the copy of the owner’s manual says “dicklid”?

I was Googling to find out how to get into the trunk of my fastback with a dead battery and came across this page.