Sponsored

How to maximise mpg? Any tips

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Thanks for the info on Holly carbs, didn’t know that. Yeah, my experience was with Rochester Product quadrajet carbs. My mechanical linkage was adjusted so that I had to have the pedal floored in order to activate the secondaries on both the 4 BBL and triples which avoided overuse - but definitely not all the time as I enjoyed hearing the tiger roar and experiencing the acceleration.

With regard to milage, if one can rely on the car’s calculation I get around 30 on the open road and my overall average is between 22 and 24 mpg. It’s at 23.4 for this year. I recently returned from a 350 mile trip and averaged 29.2. Being an old guy (80) I’m a conservative driver, but that doesn’t mean I don’t occasionally have fun. In my particular situation had there been an option, I would have chosen 3.55 or lower gearing as I would like to see the cruising rpm around 1200 to 1500 instead of 1750 at 60 mph. At the same time I can also understand someone wanting 4.10 gearing… Bruce
The quadrajet properly tuned was more fun.
Sponsored

E=MC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge & Soon to be Mach 1
I’m getting around 15mpg city dfiving
Motorway around 24-25mpg
That sounds pretty good already. - Highway 25 MPG! City 15 MPG!

What MPG would you like?

Never… don’t buy the big engine car. Or buy a cheap beater for daily. Same with people that buy luxury/high performance car and then complain about having to use premium gas
[/QUOTE

Do this