N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Intake temp always reads higher. Every morning or even after a week of sitting whole car going to be same temp and intake is always high by few degrees. So insulating everything will not change that. Why ford had it do this maybe to protect engine? maybe outside reading is wrong? But in the end doesn't really matter?
Higher cause of the electrical voltage/amps.
Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
You guys that have made covers for the filter area, any pics? Really interested in seeing the Plexiglas solutions.

DeadLoad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
If you chop up the factory snorkel enough it will fit in there with the pmas intake. I have mine fitted pretty good to direct air right to the filter.

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
no need to chop stock one.gt350 one fits and is bigger

Sponsored

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I'm talking about the top so water doesn't get in if you have after market hood vents. I already know I need the gt350 snorkel and will add the bigmouth as well.

DeadLoad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
No need to pay for a gt350 when the stock one fits. Bigger isn't gonna do anything when the inlet is the same

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
The foam? partition on top of the intake tube like Wildhorse has on his JLT is what you want to lower intake temps. Just make it out of something high temp. I made a Lexan part for mine with a small length of the rubber seal shoved over the top, effectively creating another side to the box. The IAT went down significantly. I experimented with foam too and that works just as well (don't use anything that can melt). The IAT will still climb while sitting at a light but not nearly at the rate as before. On the highway, temps are near normal. It's easy enough to try and see for yourself.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I was under the impression that someone on here covered the top in plexiglass so that it would not be possible to get water on the filter during rain/car washing...I may have misread.

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
where do you get the thermo tape at home depot?

Sponsored

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I ordered thermo tape from online.

blue5.slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base, M/T
All these CAI's move the MAF closer to the radiator (well, at least my JLT did), so heat soak now becomes an issue at idle. Once moving my IAT's were much lower than the stock box. I've since thermo wrapped it, 10 degree drop in IAT everywhere.

Cheers
You relocated the MAF?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
A cover on the air box is the only thing that will make a real notable difference. These companies spend all this money on "R&D" and put out HAI(hot air intakes). Unless you're moving above 35mph, they aren't doing shit. For the 300-400 you spend on a CAI, that bitch should form to the hood or be closed box while out flowing the stock box. Coming from a camero to a mustang, I didn't know much. But steeda was supposed to have a good CAI for our cars, so I went there. I honestly think it's a pile of shit, like the PMAS and JLT. Horribly formed plastic, shitty weather stripping, sucks in nothing but hot air until you're moving. Then, when you're moving, you're partially losing the ram air affect. The only intakes I would consider are the injen(restrictor removed) or GT350. I wish cold air inductions made a box for our cars. Anyway, sorry for the rant. I tried various things to lower IATs and the most effective thing was making a cover for my box. IT was a pain in the ass too. I definitely wouldn't do it again. It looks easier to make one for a PMAS though.
The gt350 cai wasn't any better when I had it on. I routinely saw Temps in excess of 150 degrees in bumper to bumper stop and go traffic. Going back to the stock intake manifold and tube I see them at about 120 here in Texas.
Sponsored