How to lower IAT’s PMAS?

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
how the heck do you guys get the MAF in the airbox? I have the new heatshield, but there's no way the MAF housing can go that far towards the fender unless I'm missing something.
Sponsored

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
There is enough overlap with couplers that you can pretty easily slide the MAF sensor into the air box

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
There is enough overlap with couplers that you can pretty easily slide the MAF sensor into the air box
pretty sure I've got the couplers clamped where the channels on the tubes and housing are, still just seems short.

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Anyone tried using header wrap?

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
the honeycomb drilling worked wonders. happy I did it even if it looks a little hacked up.

Sponsored

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
The power gained from the flow way outweighs the temp increase. The temp of the MAF and tube don't have much of an effect on the overall air temp due to the speed that it is moving, and the buffer of air on the sides of the tube. Temps drop rapidly while moving.

Also, these cars don't even pull timing until 150* IAT, and even then, it's only 2.5* of timing. No one is experiencing 150* while moving at WOT, and we don't race at idle, so it's moot and overthinking.

sonicc

Mr. Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'd think honey comb drilling and Velossa big mouth insert would help, since it gets air more directly from the grille instead pulling some hot air from the radiator

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
I'm running the GT350 CAI and I'm pretty happy with how it performs, looks, and price point. I also drilled out the honey comb in the grill and noticed the temps drop quicker and normally runs 2-5 degrees higher than ambient when moving 50+ mph. Quick question to you guys that have done this mod, did you notice your air filter get dirtier sooner than before? Removing the grill seems to allow more dirt and grime from hwy driving. Thinking of installing a stock unmodified grill to cover up the debris from getting in.

JKL1031

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Premium
So how do u all feel about the mishimoto or airraid tube snd an upgraded filter with the stock box?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'd think honey comb drilling and Velossa big mouth insert would help, since it gets air more directly from the grille instead pulling some hot air from the radiator
This!

Sponsored

Grinder67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Does anyone know why Ford would leave some of the honeycombs on the grille closed? Must have been some reason.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know why Ford would leave some of the honeycombs on the grille closed? Must have been some reason.
Snow/water ingestion, mostly. Also the more of the grille is closed the better the drag. They opened as much as they needed to make power.