How to Listen to Your Favorite Songs?

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - I'm a really old guy, age 80, so a lot of my favorite music was recorded on 90 minute cassettes. I bought a gadget for $39 that converted the cassettes to a USB stick, I was able to get all 10 cassettes on one 32 something or other stick. I suspect an audiophile would be disappointed in the quality, but at my age and hearing capability it's okay for my purposes. Since I only use it while driving, tire and exhaust noises make the quality issue somewhat irrelevant. Just wanted you youngsters to know that we old geezers still rock - just to different songs... Bruce

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Thumb drive for 99% of my music. The biggest gripe I have is that you cannot scroll through what is on my drive while the car is moving. I can use voice activation, but some of my music has some pretty esoteric titles and the voice command doesn't recognize what I'm telling it to play. I could scroll while moving in my 2009 Edge, but bought a 2020 Edge ST and same thing, can't scroll through my music while moving. Would love to find a hack for this issue.

OP
OP
danno1

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
A lot depends on what and how you want to go about this.
You can download music to your phone, an ipod or similar music player or a USB drive. Anything on your phone can be played via Bluetooth. Ipods and USB drives need to be plugged into a USB port either in the center console or under the switches.
The music itself can be had from online or a hard copy source like a CD, etc.
The easiest way to download music online is to subscribe to a service that allows you to download music. An example is YouTube Premium (or whatever it's called now) but there are several others. In addition you can simply stream music from those as well. You can often customize play lists for streaming too.
And there are a myriad of other ways to go about downloading music. All it takes is YOUR getting out there and learning.
I decided to try a SanDisk thumb drive. It's not working. My laptop shows the thumb drive in settings. But when I click on it it shows the Amazon music page. I'm downloading from Amazon free music. Is this capable?

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Has anyone had an issue with Sync 3 all of the sudden not showing/playing certain mp3 files on their USB stick? I had a folder full of songs from a particular group that has been playing fine for months. Then all of a sudden the next day the artist/group disappears when you search for it? I deleted and re downloaded the files again to the USB stick and now the artist/group shows but only a few songs are listed. Frustrating 👎

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I decided to try a SanDisk thumb drive. It's not working. My laptop shows the thumb drive in settings. But when I click on it it shows the Amazon music page. I'm downloading from Amazon free music. Is this capable?
What exactly are you downloading? Because my Amazon music app downloads the music tracks and stores it to the internal memory on the phone (or computer) not on a USB drive.

To play music in the car you would need to use the Amazon Music app for playback.
If you want to use the USB thumb drive, you would need to copy individual MP3's or other audio files directly to the thumb drive.
Also make sure you formatted the drive as Fat32

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Has anyone had an issue with Sync 3 all of the sudden not showing/playing certain mp3 files on their USB stick? I had a folder full of songs from a particular group that has been playing fine for months. Then all of a sudden the next day the artist/group disappears when you search for it? I deleted and re downloaded the files again to the USB stick and now the artist/group shows but only a few songs are listed. Frustrating 👎
Likely the media index is messed up.
Try "Settings", then "Media Player", then select "Update Media Index".

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
Likely the media index is messed up.
Try "Settings", then "Media Player", then select "Update Media Index".
I'll give it a try, thanks👍

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Thumb drive for 99% of my music. The biggest gripe I have is that you cannot scroll through what is on my drive while the car is moving. I can use voice activation, but some of my music has some pretty esoteric titles and the voice command doesn't recognize what I'm telling it to play. I could scroll while moving in my 2009 Edge, but bought a 2020 Edge ST and same thing, can't scroll through my music while moving. Would love to find a hack for this issue.
I agree on the not being able to scroll why the car is moving. You used to until that latest update. I wish I never downloaded it.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
I agree on the not being able to scroll why the car is moving. You used to until that latest update. I wish I never downloaded it.
That's why I never uodate car systems
Sponsored