How to Listen to Your Favorite Songs?

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
The biggest problem I've found using a thumb drive is trying to find a specific song I want to hear. Any suggestions?
Use Windows to create the usb stick.i always have mine with 1000 songs on it and the sync voice command allows you to call out a song or artist
Sponsored

OP
OP
danno1

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
So probably I would use a thumb drive. (same as a USB drive?). Download Apple Tunes? What could I use instead of my Android phone OR laptop to transfer?

DaveR.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP2 ; 67 Shelby GT350; 67 Mustang S Code Coupe; 88 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe
I just use Spotify account. I have my album lists and I Bluetooth them from my Android phone. Done.

I rarely listen to music in my Mustangs. The real music is continuously played with the gas pedal. That's the only thing I'm interested in listening to.

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
just plug this to your laptop
5019323_sa.jpg
LOL. I went through a few of these bad boys...they make a horrible grinding noise when they start to go bad.
Plug in into your mp3 player and go...
Also had a few fm-transmitters...

It's so much easier nowadays..

Am I the only guy here who has an Ipod strictly for car music purposes? Just plug it into the USB port. Simple, works great.

Just make sure it's a new-er ipod touch. Bought an old school clickwheel ipod (cuz it's easier to control without having to take your eyes off the road) and sync didn't recognize it

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Am I the only guy here who has an Ipod strictly for car music purposes? Just plug it into the USB port. Simple, works great
Nope, I've got a 7th generation Nano plugged into the USB in the center console. It's on a 4" cable and velcroed to the front inside of the console just below the top lip. Easy access to it of I need to but mostly controlled with Sync.
This is the third car It's lived in.
I've always got music I like even when broadcast, streaming or Sirius fails. And at some point they all do.

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Yes this is a "real" question. I want to copy off I guess a song list online. And have just songs downloaded. What would be the best device to copy it on? How then to plug in to the car?
I have a bunch of collections or song list on you tube.
and can play them in a vehicle, with the ubs connection for the audio , as I can make a list and put the songs in the running order I want.
Like making the old school mix tape.
Lotsa live recording and such to pick from.
Only down side is ad's between songs. bu no worse than pandora or slacker radio if using them free.
Best part is no paying Apple a monthly fee.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
I am just glad my GT350 still has a CD player. ☺

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Yup, mine has Richie Blackmore's Rainbow's greatest hits in it ATM
Very interesting! I have the Rainbow founder Ronnie James Dio in mine.

Sponsored

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
DIO was the singer not the Founder. Blackmore was. I have all of Dio's solo albums also.
Well Wikipedia lied to me then. 😄
At least incorrectly worded...

Ronald James Padavona, known professionally as Ronnie James Dio, was an American heavy metal singer-songwriter and composer. He fronted or founded numerous groups throughout his career, including Elf, Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Dio, and Heaven & Hell. Wikipedia

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well Wikipedia lied to me then. 😄
At least incorrectly worded...

Ronald James Padavona, known professionally as Ronnie James Dio, was an American heavy metal singer-songwriter and composer. He fronted or founded numerous groups throughout his career, including Elf, Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Dio, and Heaven & Hell. Wikipedia
First hint should have been the bands name
"Richie Blackmore's Rainbow"
Just say'n 🎸

Last edited:

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Yes this is a "real" question. I want to copy off I guess a song list online. And have just songs downloaded. What would be the best device to copy it on? How then to plug in to the car?
I have a couple of these SanDisk drives that I rotate. In addition to having 15,000 tracks available for listening it provides me with a backup of my music just in case. Same device PoCoBob showed. They're great.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-128GB-Ultra-Flash-Drive/dp/B07855LJ99

Copy your music on and plug it into the USB port inside your center console. Give Sync some time to index it and you're ready to play. A good music manager that can create playlists helps.

Gratuitous plug for actually buying music the old fashioned way. If you enjoy indie artists streaming services and YouTube pay them virtually nothing.

Last edited:

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a couple of these SanDisk drives that I rotate. In addition to having 15,000 tracks available for listening it provides me with a backup of my music just in case. Same device PoCoBob showed. They're great.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-128GB-Ultra-Flash-Drive/dp/B07855LJ99

Copy your music on and plug it into the USB port inside your center console. Give Sync some time to index it and you're ready to play. A good music manager that can create playlists helps.

Gratuitous plug for actually buying music the old fashioned way. If you enjoy indie artists streaming services and YouTube pay them virtually nothing.
Most bands have a web site and still sell Their c/d's.

Reactions: nrc

wadewolf76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang coupe, 21 Twister Orange GT premium
Spotify works well. I prefer it over Pandora myself. The wife uses Amazon music due to it coming with her prime account. But really almost all the music streaming apps should work via bluetooth or apple/android carplay.
Sponsored