How to Listen to Your Favorite Songs?

groove93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Brown
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I use Android Auto in my Car. Spotify and Youtube Music are my main music Apps. I also use Google Podcasts and Audible.

I have Plex set up for my Home Theater, and via Android Auto, I can stream my Music Library in my car as well.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Yes this is a "real" question. I want to copy off I guess a song list online. And have just songs downloaded. What would be the best device to copy it on? How then to plug in to the car?
A lot depends on what and how you want to go about this.
You can download music to your phone, an ipod or similar music player or a USB drive. Anything on your phone can be played via Bluetooth. Ipods and USB drives need to be plugged into a USB port either in the center console or under the switches.
The music itself can be had from online or a hard copy source like a CD, etc.
The easiest way to download music online is to subscribe to a service that allows you to download music. An example is YouTube Premium (or whatever it's called now) but there are several others. In addition you can simply stream music from those as well. You can often customize play lists for streaming too.
And there are a myriad of other ways to go about downloading music. All it takes is YOUR getting out there and learning.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Yes this is a "real" question. I want to copy off I guess a song list online. And have just songs downloaded. What would be the best device to copy it on? How then to plug in to the car?
Copy it to your laptop. using Windows.i gave you a how to.put the songs your copying into a folder.maybe mustang songs.withon that make folders for groups of songs. So you can use voice option on sync to play specfic album.once you've done one it becomes second nature.follow the how to I posted from google. Google you tube on copying songs to usb from laptop

Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
If you have limited data on your phone, you don't want to use Spotify or Pandora or any other streaming service. Like @tom_sprecher said you can load your music onto a USB thumb drive (aka flash drive). The drive will plug directly into your console. Then you just have to choose that option on your radio. i.e. change the "source" from radio or satellite, etc to USB.
150331_storage_USB_mobile.jpg

OP
OP
danno1

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I actually like this method. I really don't want to "use" my phone storage.
If you have limited data on your phone, you don't want to use Spotify or Pandora or any other streaming service. Like @tom_sprecher said you can load your music onto a USB thumb drive (aka flash drive). The drive will plug directly into your console. Then you just have to choose that option on your radio. i.e. change the "source" from radio or satellite, etc to USB.
150331_storage_USB_mobile.jpg
nt

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
The biggest problem I've found using a thumb drive is trying to find a specific song I want to hear. Any suggestions?

Deleted member 35644

I'm pretty old school, I've got an old iPod Touch plugged in the console. ITunes isn't supported anymore but I still have it on my computer so I can manage the IPod. Download music from Amazon and transfer it over. The old dude that had the car before me left a Korn CD in the CD player, it's been in there since May and I didn't know it until recently. Frisbeed into the trash.

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
I use a Sandisk like this. Mine is a 16GB and it's almost flush with the dash. I worry about something sticking to far out and getting hooked on something and breaking.

If you want to load from your CD's and have a Windows based computer open the CD with Windows Media Player. Along the top there's an option "Rip Settings", click on that. There you can choose what format to save as, choose MP3 with a quality of 256 or 320. Then click "Rip CD" and it will convert the CD to MP3's. Check the boxes (or uncheck) to choose which songs to include. Copy those onto your USB drive. This will also load the info that shows on the media screen in your car, song title, artist name and album name.

To answer Stangnuts question, just press the voice activation button on the steering wheel and say "Play song *******" and it will play.

USB.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
The biggest problem I've found using a thumb drive is trying to find a specific song I want to hear. Any suggestions?
Press the voice button and ask Sync to play it. Say "Play (insert track name here)"
Or you can say "Play (artist name)" or "Play (album name)"
You can also use Windows Media Player to create playlists and ask Sync to "Play playlist (name)"
This only works if CP or AA are not connected otherwise you will invoke Siri or Google assistant.

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
music comes on usually at around 4500+ RPM.
crescendo comes in around 7000 rpm.

I roll down the window to play the music in high fidelity.

*edit*
Jk i usually just plug my android phone in, and play spotify stuff.

Reactions: nrc

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I know it's a "no brainer" for some of you techies...but I'm wondering how I can record and play my favorite songs on my car radio?

I put them on a USB memory stick, and use FLAC files for the best sound quality. Using MP3 files and then pushing them through bluetooth further degrades the quality.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I put them on a USB memory stick, and use FLAC files for the best sound quality. Using MP3 files and then pushing them through bluetooth further degrades the quality.
^^^^^ This. easy peasy and great quality. Buy a 1TB USB and you can put a ton of songs on it.

I also buy a second one and have a backup of my work just in case.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Thinking about installing an 8-track player in my stallion.

If you want a quality recording of your favorite song on the radio, try the audio recorder function on your S21. :crazy:
Sponsored