Sponsored

how to get rid of the tire mobility kit warning lite?

inspecto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
as the title says . Every time I start the car my center stack message is to ck the T. M .K.
I replaced the kit with real spare when I bought the stang. just started recently to do this.
Sponsored

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
its in the vehicle settings.

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
Happened on my daughters 2012 C-Max my mom gave her after getting a new car. It's on the cluster, it's timing related for every 2 years, you can choose when to have it go off again in 4 years, was pretty straightforward, give it a Google.

Edit - or watch that video

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You can disable it in FORScan here:
720-03-02 Cxxx xxxx - Tire Mobility Kit disabled in IPC
720-03-02 Dxxx xxxx - Tire Mobility Kit enabled in IPC
Great info; thanks. Hey, do you know if in that same ID, changing the xxx8 to a xxx0 disables the IPC welcome (blue) screen? It's supposed to, but not sure it did. It's based on the F-150, but it's probably wrong, since the first digit does NOT have the info about the tire mobility kit you posted. I'd also like to eliminate the Ford animation for a 'quick boot', but the F-150 instruction doesn't work either. If you know how to accomplish those 2 tasks, I'd greatly appreciate the info :D. Thanks man.

Sixxarp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1968 Chevy Camaro
You could just keep it as a reminder to check the tire pressure in your spare. I have heard stories of spares loosing a lot of air pressure over time. I'm leaving mine on for that reason.
Sponsored