How to Enable Heated/Cooled Seats - All Models

rubens_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben Rolon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP ESS G3 SUPERCHARGED
Can this be done on a premium 16 mustang with recaros?
Sponsored

OP
OP

NC GTier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Haider
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0 Conv Auto Silver
Can this be done on a premium 16 mustang with recaros?
Yes just need to replace the radio control panel with one that has the heated/cooled buttons and install a harness for your new seats to power this feature. So yes totally doable.

rubens_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben Rolon
Vehicle(s)
I have enabled buttons on ac controls through forscan so have soft buttons for heated and cooled seats just dont know what harness im looking for

OP
OP

NC GTier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Haider
Vehicle(s)
I have enabled buttons on ac controls through forscan so have soft buttons for heated and cooled seats just dont know what harness im looking for
Your new seats has two connectors each. One plugs to your original connector and a second one. The two second connectors connect to each others. The first thread talks about the pigtails you can buy to make that harness.
Other steps I should say, you will also need to feed power to the module and data lines. DM if you need any help.

rubens_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben Rolon
Vehicle(s)
Your new seats has two connectors each. One plugs to your original connector and a second one. The two second connectors connect to each others. The first thread talks about the pigtails you can buy to make that harness.
Other steps I should say, you will also need to feed power to the module and data lines. DM if you need any help.
Ok forsure havent gotten the seats yet but its a mod i been wanting to do and just doing research that its more complicated than i thought right now im trying to add blis and cta on the mustang so seats will be next mod and will dm you thanks

Sponsored

KonaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Which connectors do I need to purchase? And which pins must get power/ can +-? This is the last step to get them working properly!
Thanks in advance.

cstokes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clinton
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
Depending on how you fell about removing the seat cover you could replace the blower assemblies with the new ones in the kit or if you felt comfortable figuring out the wiring in the motor assembly you could just tap I to those wires instead. I plan on figuring out wiring when my kit comes in.
Have you figured this out yet? I also ordered these switches and would like to run them independently without the mustang head unit or switches.

sam94c

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Was planning on doing this to my 2018 gt with the 301a (touch screen dash.) If 18+ are plug and play does that mean I need 2018+ seats or will earlier seats work the same? Will I still need to create the harness for the heat/cool functions if they are plug and play? Thanks

OP
OP

NC GTier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Haider
Vehicle(s)
Was planning on doing this to my 2018 gt with the 301a (touch screen dash.) If 18+ are plug and play does that mean I need 2018+ seats or will earlier seats work the same? Will I still need to create the harness for the heat/cool functions if they are plug and play? Thanks
Hi, earlier seats work fine... you still need the h/c harness. I can do the harness for you, pm for more details

OP
OP

NC GTier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Haider
Vehicle(s)
Ok forsure havent gotten the seats yet but its a mod i been wanting to do and just doing research that its more complicated than i thought right now im trying to add blis and cta on the mustang so seats will be next mod and will dm you thanks
Just to confirm your new seats are not Recaro, correct? Recaro seats don't have heat/cool

Sponsored

rubens_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben Rolon
Vehicle(s)
Just to confirm your new seats are not Recaro, correct? Recaro seats don't have heat/cool
hey really thinking of trading my recaros for heated and cooled seats how much for the harness to make heated and cooled seats to work mine is a 16 plus how bout the power seats?

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base with PP
I am about to swap in a set of h/c leather seats and my seller (on eBay) is willing to pull out and send me the complete “second connector” harness from the donor car. If you are negotiating to buy a set of seats, you may want to ask your seller to do that as well. Worst case, I would have to make up the harness anyway - not a big worry. Thanks to the OP for this DIY!

OP
OP

NC GTier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Haider
Vehicle(s)
I am about to swap in a set of h/c leather seats and my seller (on eBay) is willing to pull out and send me the complete “second connector” harness from the donor car. If you are negotiating to buy a set of seats, you may want to ask your seller to do that as well. Worst case, I would have to make up the harness anyway - not a big worry. Thanks to the OP for this DIY!
I am afraid that won't work. Original harness is combined with the entire body harness. They wouldn't be able to separate it from that big one.

djcwardog

V8 Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base with PP