yoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wojciech
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550 2015, 2.3 ecoboost
Got few questions:
1) are you able to post WPT-1279 pin numbering that you use?
2) you have marked that pins 11, 12, 13, 14 are not used, and than that CAN+/- should be feed to PIN 12 and 13.
On drivers side seat 4 pins are missing - I assume it is 11-14 (but which way count?) On passenger side pins 12 i 13 are there. On your photo it seams that you have cut into cable of 12 and 13th - but I think I can feed directly those 2 pins (just run cable from bezel to seat pigtail) - am I right?
3) Do I need to activate H/C in forscan? actually buttons lights up while pressing (didn't make any connection to seat yet).

Making all simple - what need to be done:
1) make 12 wire harness + 2 loose cables on passenger pigtail pin 12 and 13
2) passenger seat pin 12 and 13 feed from bezel 17 and 18 (loose cables from passenger seat run to bezel instead of driver seat)
3) Cut pin 9 wire in seat connector and splice it with pin 1 (connect green/red wire with purple/red)
and thats it? am I correct?
Sponsored

OP
OP

NC GTier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Haider
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0 Conv Auto Silver
Got few questions:
1) are you able to post WPT-1279 pin numbering that you use?
2) you have marked that pins 11, 12, 13, 14 are not used, and than that CAN+/- should be feed to PIN 12 and 13.
On drivers side seat 4 pins are missing - I assume it is 11-14 (but which way count?) On passenger side pins 12 i 13 are there. On your photo it seams that you have cut into cable of 12 and 13th - but I think I can feed directly those 2 pins (just run cable from bezel to seat pigtail) - am I right?
3) Do I need to activate H/C in forscan? actually buttons lights up while pressing (didn't make any connection to seat yet).

Making all simple - what need to be done:
1) make 12 wire harness + 2 loose cables on passenger pigtail pin 12 and 13
2) passenger seat pin 12 and 13 feed from bezel 17 and 18 (loose cables from passenger seat run to bezel instead of driver seat)
3) Cut pin 9 wire in seat connector and splice it with pin 1 (connect green/red wire with purple/red)
and thats it? am I correct?
1) attached to the first post, you will find file "Workshop Manual", the entire seat wiring diagram. Follow the pins from 1 to 16 related to connector C3808 to figure out what is connected to WPT-1279.
2) if you were going to enable seat memory function, 12 and 13 would feed data-lines from the H/C module (under pass sea) to seat memory module (under driver seat). Data-lines is one big network you can connect to at different locations in your car. If you were not interested in seat memory (because it requires more work - driver door module, etc), then 12 and 13 are not needed. However, it does't hurt to have connect them, if you desire.
I think Ford kept 12 and 13 on the pass side in case they want to add memory feature, which would be just replacing the driver seat with memory enabled seat, and connect these two wires.
Yes you are correct, you can feed data-lines from the bezel connector. Again, one big network of MS Can you can tab to from anywhere.
3) you don't need to activate HC in forscan. Once you connect power and data-lines, pressing the buttons will hear a click in the HC module and it will work. What we do in forscan is add the HC buttons on the display screen if they are not there, so you can utilize the screen, in addition to the bezel buttons. makes sense?

yoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wojciech
Vehicle(s)
Perfect. I don't need memory feature. So 12 and 13 for passenger seat will connect to CAN to have access from buttons.
Thanks!

yoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wojciech
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I'm trying to find where is the second connector in workshop manual... there is only one part that has 16 (the one on the bottom left). In first post you wrote that CAN +/- should be feed to pin 12 and 13 but in workshop manual it is on pin 1 and 2... so I'm a bit confused here and don't know what to follow exact...
Which pin and which colour on SECOND CONNECTOR is CAN + and which is CAN - ? so the harness should look like bellow?

harness.jpg

yoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wojciech
Vehicle(s)
Did it :) Just need to check connection between seats - passenger seat work but driver does not. But I think I will solve it.

Sponsored

cj22009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
So as I understand you are splicing into the power from the base connector? Also I have the factory connectors and pins 12&13 aren’t present on the passenger side should I just switch them around and use 12&13 for ms -can for the buttons?

yoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wojciech
Vehicle(s)
Premium passenger seat has pins 12 and 13th on secondary socket. 11 and 14 is not there. On driver side there is no pin 11-14.
Power spliece you need to do on primary connector (on vehicle side connector pin 9 you have no cable, seat side has both. So simply you cut 9 and connect with 1 - as on photo in first post)

OP
OP

NC GTier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Haider
Vehicle(s)
Premium passenger seat has pins 12 and 13th on secondary socket. 11 and 14 is not there. On driver side there is no pin 11-14.
Power spliece you need to do on primary connector (on vehicle side connector pin 9 you have no cable, seat side has both. So simply you cut 9 and connect with 1 - as on photo in first post)
Yes

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Adding this as it may help future front seat swaps; complete front seat info. Applicable to 2015-2017, some parts may still apply to 2018+).

Attachments

OP
OP

NC GTier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Haider
Vehicle(s)
Adding this as it may help future front seat swaps; complete front seat info. Applicable to 2015-2017, some parts may still apply to 2018+).
Excellent service manual, thanks for sharing!

Sponsored

1970bird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Pontiac firebird
Has anyone been able to check the voltage required to function the heating/cooling portions of these seats so i can possibly wire my own rocker switches and bypass the large lcd screen??

would these voltages possibly be in the service manual recently shared? I skimmed many portions but it is not an easy read.

thanks

fphilips

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
1982 Mustang GT
Has anyone been able to check the voltage required to function the heating/cooling portions of these seats so i can possibly wire my own rocker switches and bypass the large lcd screen??

would these voltages possibly be in the service manual recently shared? I skimmed many portions but it is not an easy read.

thanks
Well, I have time to start working on this seat problem. Does anyone know what I need to check to bypass the control module?

Thanks,

petah50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
After a little time and research, I can confirm that this mod can be completed in a 2019 mustang GT base. However, a lot has changed in a 2019 model. Thanks to my best friend and his incredible mechanical / electrical knowledge we made this work. I now have fully functional 2019 heated / cooled seats in my 2019 base GT. I can tell you that the wiring is different. The control module is now on the driver seat. We made the jumper cable as the OP described. Some of the wire colors are different. We did not tap into the wires behind the control panel for the can bus +/-. We found an unused test port plug directly above the OBD port. The plug is grey and just taped to the wire harness directly above the OBDport. That plug has can bus +/-. We were able to run the wires directly to that plug and did not have to cut or tap into any of those wires. If any 18+ owners have questions, feel free to reach out and I will try to help in anyway I can.

OP
OP

NC GTier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Haider
Vehicle(s)
After a little time and research, I can confirm that this mod can be completed in a 2019 mustang GT base. However, a lot has changed in a 2019 model. Thanks to my best friend and his incredible mechanical / electrical knowledge we made this work. I now have fully functional 2019 heated / cooled seats in my 2019 base GT. I can tell you that the wiring is different. The control module is now on the driver seat. We made the jumper cable as the OP described. Some of the wire colors are different. We did not tap into the wires behind the control panel for the can bus +/-. We found an unused test port plug directly above the OBD port. The plug is grey and just taped to the wire harness directly above the OBDport. That plug has can bus +/-. We were able to run the wires directly to that plug and did not have to cut or tap into any of those wires. If any 18+ owners have questions, feel free to reach out and I will try to help in anyway I can.
Petah50, good find. That's true, you can use the obd can +/- or anywhere u find them. I used those to enable driver seat memory function. Mainly cos the seat slides back and forth when you switch the off/on

petah50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Petah50, good find. That's true, you can use the obd can +/- or anywhere u find them. I used those to enable driver seat memory function. Mainly cos the seat slides back and forth when you switch the off/on
Just felt like a much better option for us vs.trying to tap into those wires. They are so small, made us really nervous. :)
Sponsored