Sponsored

How to direct wire Sirius Starmate 5 Audio using 3.5mm Stereo Plug

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
I have a Sirius Starmate 5 with a lifetime subscription. Instead of paying for Sirius fee for Mustang indash radio, I would like to connect Starmate audio out with 3.5mm stereo plug to 8" SYNC3 radio.

Is there a way to do this? I don't want to use the FM transmitter option because as you travel by cities you keep changing frequencies to avoid interference.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I have a Sirius Starmate 5 with a lifetime subscription. Instead of paying for Sirius fee for Mustang indash radio, I would like to connect Starmate audio out with 3.5mm stereo plug to 8" SYNC3 radio.

Is there a way to do this? I don't want to use the FM transmitter option because as you travel by cities you keep changing frequencies to avoid interference.

You probably need a 3.5mm to USB adapter. If you plug it into either USB port, it may then be available on SYNC.

Or maybe you can find such an adapter that has Bluetooth capability, plug it into the USB, plug your 3.5mm Sirius into it, then stream it BT to the BT on SYNC.

?

OP
OP
thunderstrike

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
You probably need a 3.5mm to USB adapter. If you plug it into either USB port, it may then be available on SYNC.

Or maybe you can find such an adapter that has Bluetooth capability, plug it into the USB, plug your 3.5mm Sirius into it, then stream it BT to the BT on SYNC.

?
Thank you for the reply. I think your suggestion on Bluetooth is the best option. I see few options online for BT transmitter with 3.5mm hookup. Thanks again.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra