Sponsored

How To: Cloth Removal and Leather Install

S550ilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Is it a definite necessity to disconnect the battery? I dont plan on starting it at all when the seats are out. I see it being something precautionary, but im just unplugging two plugs under the seat and pluggin them back up when im done?
Sponsored

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
Is it a definite necessity to disconnect the battery? I dont plan on starting it at all when the seats are out. I see it being something precautionary, but im just unplugging two plugs under the seat and pluggin them back up when im done?
Those plugs are connected to the airbags not just the seat motors. I'd disconnect th battery. You don't want a short and have an airbag blow up in your face.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I didn't disconnect the battery but I also made sure my head was out of the way juuuusst in case as I was unplugging the connectors.

It takes quite a hit to deploy the air bags but anything can happen I guess.

Sponsored

raider5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 5.0 SSP coupe, and 15 Gt w/PP
I'm almost finished changing my cloth to leather. I Just have the driver seat back left. Passenger seat and rear seats came out perfect and tight just like it came from the factory.

I did want to add that I purchased the seat belt straps and found a solution to replacing the rivets with 1/4 bolt and a u clamp. Didn't want to by another rivet gun and bigger rivets then I had on hand

tumblr image hosting

Ricketts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Come on updated pics!! :D

tewfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Gt
So I'm seeing some guys with and without hog nose clips. I'm guessing some do and some don't?

raider5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 5.0 SSP coupe, and 15 Gt w/PP
I didn't have any on my cloth covers when I took them off. I would suggest getting some for the leather covers though as it requires 3 hog rings each on the front seats.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ColdShotxx

ColdShotxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT A10 300A Base
Sorry all. I have all the pictures re-hosted. A lot of pictures still missing, I'll keep working at it.

lucasszy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 6MT
So I'm seeing some guys with and without hog nose clips. I'm guessing some do and some don't?
I didnt use a single hog ring in redoing the entire interior. I didnt have a single hog ring to remove either.

My car is a stock base GT and I installed the Katzkin interior.

MrTej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP MT
Anyone have this write-up saved off somewhere that they could share by any chance? My skins are being delivered tomorrow :)

MrTej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP MT
Anyone have this write-up saved off somewhere that they could share by any chance? My skins are being delivered tomorrow :)
How about just a list of tools/materials needed, and any other key hints/tips/things I need to be careful of/look out for?

I saw this thread for the first time this week and unfortunately the write-up was already gone. I'm starting this tonight so any help would be greatly appreciated. I will try to document as I go along. Thanks!
Sponsored