2015 Mustang GT PP
do you know the car it came from vin #?
Sponsored

sv9999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Prem
About a year ago you could easily look up Ford window stickers using the VIN, but they stopped offering that service publicly. You can plug the VIN and download the vehicle's As-Built here, but I am not sure which of the values refers to Nav. This is the same site you would use for APIM programming.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt/

Sponsored

sv9999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Prem
This is what I was talking about. Sadly that method doesn't work any longer. It may work for cars that are currently for sale (by Ford dealers) or recently sold, but as far as I know, window sticker requests can only be generated internally now, requiring a special key or token.

Edit: Ford will direct you here www.fordshowparts.com (1-800-367-3788). Costs $25 and $10 to ship....

Edit2: I did a little digging around and found FordEtis.. put in the VIN and ctrl+F "With Navigation". Cheers.
https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

Last edited:

hipporo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Koji
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 RubyRed
This is what I was talking about. Sadly that method doesn't work any longer. It may work for cars that are currently for sale (by Ford dealers) or recently sold, but as far as I know, window sticker requests can only be generated internally now, requiring a special key or token.

Edit: Ford will direct you here www.fordshowparts.com (1-800-367-3788). Costs $25 and $10 to ship....

Edit2: I did a little digging around and found FordEtis.. put in the VIN and ctrl+F "With Navigation". Cheers.
https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do
Thanks for the info! It says "Less Navigation". I guess it does not have navigation.

sv9999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Prem
Ah, sorry to hear that. Looks like we're in the same boat. I'm still trying to resolve my own "mixup" with the salvage yard. Note that if you plan to use CarPlay/Android Auto, you won't really need nav.

I think Hextall is referring to this part number on the APIM.. mine reads: GR3T-14G370-BL. (see attachment)

Question for anyone who's more active here.. is there a dedicated thread for MFT to Sync 3 upgrades? I have a couple issues I'm trying to figure out, but most of the info in this thread is oriented towards base model swaps. Thanks in advance.
apim_number.png

Sponsored

hipporo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Koji
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 RubyRed
Ah, sorry to hear that. Looks like we're in the same boat. I'm still trying to resolve my own "mixup" with the salvage yard. Note that if you plan to use CarPlay/Android Auto, you won't really need nav.

I think Hextall is referring to this part number on the APIM.. mine reads: GR3T-14G370-BL. (see attachment)

Question for anyone who's more active here.. is there a dedicated thread for MFT to Sync 3 upgrades? I have a couple issues I'm trying to figure out, but most of the info in this thread is oriented towards base model swaps. Thanks in advance.
Thanks! Mine is the same number as yours. GR3T-14G370-BM

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Numbers on parts are usually engineering numbers. A part may have a different engineering number even though it's has the same part number. These are more accurate so I'm keeping a database

[MENTION=30165]sv9999[/MENTION] What are you in need of?

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Numbers on parts are usually engineering numbers. A part may have a different engineering number even though it's has the same part number. These are more accurate so I'm keeping a database

[MENTION=30165]sv9999[/MENTION] What are you in need of?
Which number is the engineering number? This is my Sync 3 APIM, non-nav.

ETA: Scratch that, I copied the pic from the eBay seller, but my unit had two USB ports on the back and this one only had one? Well shit, mine is in the car. Is there any way to see the engineering number in the Sync 3 diagnostic you get when you hold down FF+eject?

sv9999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Prem
I completed the head unit swap, but have 2 issues: the compass and the new usb module. From my understanding I need to disconnect the old GPS module, but I'm not sure where it's located.. is it behind the center dash near the touchscreen, or behind the driver's side instrument cluster?

For the USB module, I see many mentions of the WPT1239 connector, but haven't found the wiring spec for MFT-equipped Mustangs. I've seen the Fusion thread, but I'm not sure if the process is the same for the Mustang.

[MENTION=25607]Spart[/MENTION] glad you found the link helpful. It's only a matter of time before Ford privatizes and monetizes that service as well :)
Sponsored