Sponsored

How often should I change my oil?

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I will be doing hitting the road course every weekend on Sunday in October, how often should I change my oil?

Thanks
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I was just at an HPDE event and asked my instructor and a few other people who were instructors and they all said they change the oil and fluids after the 3rd - 5th event depending on track time. I'm at a loss as to how people afford HPDE... :(

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'm at a loss as to how people afford HPDE... :(
:shrug:

Steeda: Ultralite Linear Springs, Pro-Action Shocks/Struts, Caster Plates, Sway Bars, Ultralite 2-Point Brace; IRS Subframe Brace, IRS Bushing Supports, Differential Bushing Inserts; IRS Alignment Kit, Bump Steer Kit, Ultralite Jacking Rails (Originals); MGW: Race Spec Shifter; Boomba Racing: Vertical Links; Solo Performance: Mach XV Catback; Space City Spy: Upper & Lower Grills; N4SM: Project 6GR Wheels; Cooper: Zeon RS3-S Tires; aFe: pro DRY S Filter; Ford Performance/Racing: Oil-Air Separator, Blank Deck Lid
:eyebulge:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
:faint:

My AMP event:
$250 to get in the door
$270 for insurance (with a $2,500 deductible)
I used 10 gallons of gas at the event and paid $2.90 per, so basically $29
= $549 for a single day (totally worth it though)

Insurance is optional. The above does not take into account basics like shortened oil/fluid change intervals, rapid wear of tires that cost >$1,000 to replace and only last like 10-20K anyway, and travel costs to and from an event (gas, hotel if needed, etc). Oh, and if you get serious enough, alignments to dial the car in for a specific track or just in general.

Gotta pay to play!

:shocked: indeed

:D

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Check the oil level and top if off if you need to before the event, but if you're going to change your oil, put in fresh oil after the event, not before.

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Who did you use for insurance? Pretty cheap.

:faint:

My AMP event:
$250 to get in the door
$270 for insurance (with a $2,500 deductible)
I used 10 gallons of gas at the event and paid $2.90 per, so basically $29
= $549 for a single day (totally worth it though)

Insurance is optional. The above does not take into account basics like shortened oil/fluid change intervals, rapid wear of tires that cost >$1,000 to replace and only last like 10-20K anyway, and travel costs to and from an event (gas, hotel if needed, etc). Oh, and if you get serious enough, alignments to dial the car in for a specific track or just in general.

Gotta pay to play!

:shocked: indeed

:D

Mattrix

The Engine Destroyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Mustang
I've ran 4 track days in the last 6 weeks and my oil is pretty dark. I've added almost a full quart to it over that time to keep it topped off. I'll be changing it very soon!

mnmike59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I change my oil after EVERY track day, If I have more than 1000 street miles I change it again before a track day. Costly yes, but I'm a clean oil nut. I change my Diff lube after every track day also. Manual tranny lube after 3000 miles or two events.
Call me nuts, but I'll guarantee No problems due to oil.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I change my oil after EVERY track day, If I have more than 1000 street miles I change it again before a track day. Costly yes, but I'm a clean oil nut. I change my Diff lube after every track day also. Manual tranny lube after 3000 miles or two events.
Call me nuts, but I'll guarantee No problems due to oil.
Hows that diff oil look after an (each?) event?